Chris Chow's WE4 may be retired (accident)

john, i have a roller that chris can have for free if he wants to come to vegas to pick up. i now have the pink slip and he is welcome to it.

john, i have a roller that chris can have for free if he wants to come to vegas to pick up. i now have the pink slip and he is welcome to it.

Len,

Thanks buddy, I was considering working something out with my black car too.
I am really not sure of the direction he wants to take.

I missed this news until now. I echo the sentiments here and am glad you weren't injured. Sounds very similar to my wreck last year (I was grateful for the 25.1E). Best of luck in getting it or something else built in good time to get back in the game.

Art

Sorry for the hiatus. Been trying to figure out what to do next.

I got a few estimates to make her 25.2 legal along with a back half.

The drive train is in great condition. Actually fired right up and drove her into the garage! The frame never hit the wall, she flipped onto her lid and came to a rest without touching the wall.

1) I could redo the entire setup and run Outlaw with a stock front suspension, replace the body with a donor (already have one lined up...thanks Jerry!).

2) Or start with something more aerodynamic... it's going to be about the same cost.

3) With the body removed, cut the cage out, install a cage to SFI 25.3 certification (so that I can legally go sevens). I was going to redo the cage anyway (after the new NHRA rules it was only good for 8.50).

#3 would be the least costly and get me on the track by 2nd quarter of 2009 and continue to develop the car to run quicker and faster with the stock suspension.

#1 or #2 would be ideal in that I want to run 6's at over 220 mph.

I'm open to opinions.

Chris I watched my Dad do just about the same thing you did with your car without the flipping it over part. This was in Phoenix this past weekend.

You are making a lot more power than he is too.

I would not screw around with the stock suspension anymore you have to realize that with the power you make. There is simply not enough time to correct things when they go bad. You get maybe one shot at it and that is it.

Things are moving way too fast and there is no margin for error. Put a full cage in that thing and upgrade to the right suspension to do the job.

Its always nice to be able to walk away from the wreck and rebuild it.

#1 or #2 would be ideal in that I want to run 6's at over 220 mph.

I'm open to opinions.

Chris,

As much as I love the G-bodies/Regals, if this is really your ultimate goal I would definitely start looking on RacingJunk.com for something more aerodynamic. I know if it were me I'd think of a 3rd gen Firebird or a C5 Vette. I'm sure however you decide to go it will be awesome and I wish you the best luck with the new project.:cool: