Heres a good one and it damn near wrecked my car!!!!!!

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
Ok I have 1984 GN pretty much stock suspension. It has the GTA wheels on it but I had bought it that way and beefed up the sway bars when I got it. The problem is when I hit the brake pedal just barly pressing on it the rear end locks up instantly:mad: I never had the happen before the brakes have always worked perfect and I never had a complaint. Now I really can't and should not be driving it. It just happend out of no where. I was cruising and screwing with a Vette and I hit the brakes to slow down for a turn and I had to clean my pants after that. The rear end locked and the car jack knifed at about 80mph thats a good wake up call:eek: Any ideas???

Ok I have 1984 GN pretty much stock suspension. It has the GTA wheels on it but I had bought it that way and beefed up the sway bars when I got it. The problem is when I hit the brake pedal just barly pressing on it the rear end locks up instantly:mad: I never had the happen before the brakes have always worked perfect and I never had a complaint. Now I really can't and should not be driving it. It just happend out of no where. I was cruising and screwing with a Vette and I hit the brakes to slow down for a turn and I had to clean my pants after that. The rear end locked and the car jack knifed at about 80mph thats a good wake up call:eek: Any ideas???

Bad wheel cylinder??

?????

Both at the same time??? I have never had that happen. I had one go out on my Ranger a year ago and I ost brake pressure and only the fronts worked. I don't know if that would apply for this car though?

Maybe something came lose in the drum, or your proportion valve is stuck. Tap it with something.

Sounds to me like it's time to change the wheel cylinders and the pads. I've had it happen before to me. Are you running Hydroboost brakes?

Yes I am...

I am running the factory hydraboost system in this car. Are they really that bad? I have 2 GN's and 1 T Type and they all have this brake setup and I never had a problem till now!!

I personally am going to swap from vaccuum to hydrobosst one of these days. I would have to agree though, sounds like a porportioning valve issue if both wheels locked up.

Does it matter

Does it matter if it a Posi??? I was leaning towards the prop valve myself as well. Seeing that it never had a single problem and out of nowhere it just happened!!!! Another stupid question while I am at it? This car came with the GTA wheels when I got it. I have a 88 TA as well and I know they have differnt offset for the fronts and backs. Well who ever put these on had put the rear wheels on the front and the fronts on the rear. Does it really matter????

Posi wont make any difference as far the brakes go. I have seen most people use the GTA flip flopped while using them on a Regal. If you dont have any rubbing issues with them, leave them the way they are!