Which combo?

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
GT6131 with 3000 orange strip

or

GT6152 with 3000 orange stripe

Which setup is better suited for street use?

One offers.......

A lil bit more top end than the other, but (speaking from ignorance here) they are both about the same........I would up it though to at least 3200 on the stall converter.......
Thanks
Steve Chambers :D

If you are limited to a 3000 stall orange stripe, I'd say go with the the 6131. Even with a 9" Art Carr 3200 converter, my 6152 could have been better on the street. With an RJC boost controller (bleeder valve, not very expensive) it spools up quicker and boost builds up fast on the street.

If you are not worried about top end and mph on the track, the 6131 will probably be more to your liking and will be more street friendly.

A 3200 would be street friendly? And explain to me the difference of the sizes: 9.5" 10" 12", multi-disk, single disk? Which one do I want?

Lockup is great for a driver (gas mileage) and depending upon usage the smaller diameter converters are less weight and reciprocating mass but have smaller diameter clutch material as well.

I have a single disk lockup 9.5" Vigilante at 3000 stall and in the other car a 3200 stall lockup single disk 10.5" Pro-torque both work well and are similarly priced.

If you are mostly gonna race it and lock it up in second the 5 disk Vigilante is the way to go but they rattle and make noise at idle for most people it's annoying.

Search feature can get you the pros and cons of most of the converters out there.

I can tell the difference between the 2 converters but each car has a different turbo and combo as well, but I personally wouldn't want more than a 3200 stall on a daily driver.

Look for stuff like billet covers, anti-ballooning plates and quality and buy once.

Just my .02.