What's it gonna take to save this class?

I would just hate to see a tube chassis tubbed car running in the class. That happens with the local index stuff, I end up racing tubbed bracket cars. Don't like it.

I think it would be cool to open up the turbo rule and allow non specific exhaust housing like 4 bolts, vband downpipes etc.. of course hit them with a wieght penalty.

I am fully interested in this class again for some reason lol. I will not be competitive any time soon but will like to hit a couple races next year.

In my opinion, 71 turbo, 1 weight for irons, 1 weight for aluminum, +100 lbs for stage block, 10 inch tire, stock suspension.
Anything else goes.

my wife needs a new set of buckets too, but that's gonna cost me about 5 grand

How about allowing any 3 bolt turbo except that 88 pumpkin thing lol? Everything else about the same.

You just about have to use the turbo as a limiter. Tires and weight aren't going to do it.

How about allowing any 3 bolt turbo except that 88 pumpkin thing lol? Everything else about the same.
I think that Paul should be allowed to run with his 72mm turbo until he show some sign of it over powering the 71mm turbo.
Maybe we an grandfather him in for now?
This would give him time to decide if he wants to make the purchase of a legal one.
I think we need 1 weight for iron and 1 weight for aluminum heads.
We need a turbo plug in a bad way!!! We need some rule changes and a way to enforce them.

I have no complaint with him running a 72mm, but I'm not sure what good my opinion is having not run a race yet. I assume it's a cast wheel, so it's very unlikely it makes more hp than the billet 71.

Is the turbo plug just a turned round piece 71mm and 67mm? If so, I can make them.

Mike, I was just gonna make a 71.5mm round plug out of uhmw. Has to have a hole in the middle for the wheel nut. It should be snug on a 71 and not fit a 67. Ill chip in on material if you wanna make it.