What's it gonna take to save this class?

we had four cars at Osceola, we have it figured at 8-10 should be at BG this year.

I have been out for a while , but maybe allowing other gm body styles in as long as they fit the rules and are v6 powered. I know of a trans am that is going to be fitted with a turbo v6 over the winter that would fit every rule except the body style.

The suspension disparity would be the objection, I bet. I wouldn't have a problem with anything that had the right motor and turbo

The suspension would have to be stock for the car it is on. My gn's 60ft times where way faster than my trans am has ever been and that is with my ls motor making about 400 more hp. Policing suspension would be easy aswell, gm only made a couple setups.

I think all the classes should consider this. But that's just my two cents worth.

I needed a break from it and now I am ready to come back. The ls stuff is fun, but its kinda boring and is not the same as a turbo v6. I built the car for a local 8.5" tire class and have done pretty good with it, but I can run the same times with a v6. Plus a lot of my friends still do the buick v6 thing.

I don't think it would hurt anything as long as it meets all rules. This class needs help for sure.

Hello fellas, you can add me to the list for BG this year. John P finally convinced me to switch from outlaw mode.

Just my opinion, but making the cars lighter helps parts live, makes the cars safer, and helps with crossing over to local heads up classes.

I don't know what they should be, that would be up to a vote. Maybe just two weights, one for aluminum heads, one for iron, all based on 71 turbo.

The OSCA is letting cars run in some of the classes without tech if they don't run faster than a predetermined number. I think it's 5.74 in entry street. This is something to consider as well.

Just my opinion, but making the cars lighter helps parts live, makes the cars safer, and helps with crossing over to local heads up classes.

I don't know what they should be, that would be up to a vote. Maybe just two weights, one for aluminum heads, one for iron, all based on 71 turbo.

The OSCA is letting cars run in some of the classes without tech if they don't run faster than a predetermined number. I think it's 5.74 in entry street. This is something to consider as well.
The local 8.5 tire class has no rules till 5.80 except the tire, after that is full rules of the class.

I think that is the best rule. Like Tom said the 8.5 class here did it. They get 18 cars+ at each race. With tsm, I'd set it around a 9.5 or something and see what happens. It would let the guys that don't have the top knowledge or parts stick a bigger turbo on the car or take some weight out and at least be within a half second. If they go faster than the time, then they are dq'd if they don't fit the rules.
BTW, freaking Tom has me thinking of a v6 agai. Thanks a lot lol

I think that is the best rule. Like Tom said the 8.5 class here did it. They get 18 cars+ at each race. With tsm, I'd set it around a 9.5 or something and see what happens. It would let the guys that don't have the top knowledge or parts stick a bigger turbo on the car or take some weight out and at least be within a half second. If they go faster than the time, then they are dq'd if they don't fit the rules.
BTW, freaking Tom has me thinking of a v6 agai. Thanks a lot lol
We should have never left, its your fault we started playing with this LS shit. lol

Yeah that sounds fair. I'm coming back to tsm for some reason. I got a great chassis, fuel system, transmission, 9.5 ptc, engine management,etc... just need a motor. Probably throw something cheap together for next year and piece a good one together over the summer. I don't have 2 pennies to rub together right now in my racing budget. Looks like I will be hitting the side job market up hard this winter lol