What's FRAM's oil filter# = AC PF52

Hafrod

Finally went through my personal stock of PF52's so I went to Wal Mart to get an AC PF52 oil filter(longer than stock). I guess they quit carrying AC filters! What's the FRAM # that cross references with the 52?

Bad drain back design. Big block Buick users are real careful about every part of the oiling system and none of the reputable engine builders will use them. Seems there are changes to the Delco's that we are not happy with either. Lots of Fram horror stories on V8buick site.

The only thing Fram has good going for it is the shiney orange paint. Other than that they are crap. If you want to read something good check this out Engine Oil Filter Study
IMHO, its hard to beat the AC Delco filters. GM designed them with the intention of protecting their engines while the cars are still under manufacturer warranty.

Finally went through my personal stock of PF52's so I went to Wal Mart to get an AC PF52 oil filter(longer than stock). I guess they quit carrying AC filters! What's the FRAM # that cross references with the 52?

PLEASE dont resort to a Fram oil filter!

Sorry to jump in, but you should be using one of these filters : I use one on my turbo saver and love it.

Pure Power Oil Filters High Performance Motor Oil

Pure Power! manufactures direct Spin-on and Drop-in replacement oil filters that are Cleanable and Reusable for the lifetime of the engine for over 25,000 vehicles and equipment engines both domestic and foreign, gasoline, diesel, bio-diesel, CNG and flex fuel for Street, Fleet, Trucks, Racing, Motorcycles, Marine, Aircraft, RVs, Off-Road, Military, etc. Use of Pure Power! Lifetime Oil Filters, Motor Oil or Lubricants WILL NOT void the manufacturer’s warranty.

It doesn't have a drainback valve an yes its $200 but you never have to buy another and you can clean it and check for bearing material in it.

Fram HP1 or Fram HP4 are completely different from the standard Fram filters. They are a quality filter and work great on our cars.

NO FRAM FILTERS!!!!!!! Those filters cost me a engine. A fresh engine. The filter inside came apart and went throught the engine. My 100 mile motor had to come back out. But its your money. Only wix for me now. And zero issues..

Fram HP1 or Fram HP4 are completely different from the standard Fram filters. They are a quality filter and work great on our cars.

These are Fram racing filters and are NOT the same as the dept. store Fram as stated above.

Lots of racers use them and consider them among the best. :)

However, the HP-1 is a Ford-type filter, and the HP-2 and HP-4 are BOP V-8 filters. Have not found a Fram racing filter with metric threads to replace the PF-24.?

I'd recommend Baldwin B35-S as a stock replacement for the Delco PF52.

Better yet, get an RJC Biggie filter adapter and use a super-size Baldwin B9 filter.

Compared to most filters, Baldwin filters have thicker metal shells, generally more solid build quality, and more consistent anti-drainback valves.

if you attempt a "blow test" on Baldwin filters, your cheeks will puff out like a trumpet player's ! Negligible leakage.

These are Fram racing filters and are NOT the same as the dept. store Fram as stated above.

Lots of racers use them and consider them among the best. :)

However, the HP-1 is a Ford-type filter, and the HP-2 and HP-4 are BOP V-8 filters. Have not found a Fram racing filter with metric threads to replace the PF-24.?

I have the PTE turbo saver, and am able to use the HP2 filter.

So, where do I find the Baldwin filter?

Also, for those that cannot find the Wix filter...the "NAPA Gold" filter available at your local NAPA store is a Wix filter.

The cleanable SS filter mentioned above...do they have one for the RJC Biggie Oil Filter Adaptor? P/N?

Conrad Carter