Oil Filter Query:

I've always used Wix, but I'm going to try out a Baldwin B35-S on my next oil change.

From what I have been hearing Baldwin Filters claim to be the best filter for pressure and flow. I guess I'll find out shortly.

Just curious, but out of about a million automotive engine oil filters, is there any that don't claim to be the best? I feel pretty confident sticking with the results of that 1 uTube video where that guy tested some 20 odd filters. I hate to be a naysayer, but if those filters were so great one would think that quite a few people would be using them.

I've never heard of them?

Fleetguard and Donaldson have been OEM suppliers to the heavy equipment industry for decades.
I use to work for a tractor and implement repair shop in the early '80's that sold Baldwin filters as a sideline.
Good stuff, not always readily available.

wix 51036 and buy them from rockauto i buy a case of 12 cuz i have a 89 s10 blazer also, same filter for both.

After watching many hours of filter disections, tests and opinions on youtube I decided to go with K&N gold.

I'm one of the crazy people that gets my oil analyzed.

Using the Mobil1 M1-101, I've never had an issue with insolubles showing up in the sample.
If you cut an M1-101 apart and put it next to a Wix, they're nearly identical where it counts. Don't overthink it. Earl's rank-ordered list is the answer.

Been using Fleetguard, Wix, or NAPA Gold.

Fleetguard for the Cummins.

Wix/NAPA Gold when I run out of Fleetguard & for the other vehicles.

https://www.genosgarage.com For diesel parts/accessories.
i use to run the fleetguard on my cummins until I found Donaldson elf7349 supposedly a little better , I still have some Baldwin ones I rotate in the line up just hit 200,000 miles on the black smoker :p

Wix for the win here, tried the racing filter but the 51036 is still the best for me.

Well I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here. In the 27 plus years that I've been driving, racing my GN I've tried quite a bunch of different brands of filters. A/C Delco years ago when they were a pretty good filter, Mobil 1, Wix, K&N ,
Purolator, Napa gold, and have ran Baldwin B-9 for years. I had many, many of my oils analyzed and didn't see much if any difference in these filter brands. BUT check out the K P engineering billet aluminum reusable filter.
I have just started running it so have no feedback of my own right now but ALOT of the Buick guys running them swear by them ?

That's a good point. I've read for years about all these guys obsessing over 'the best'' oil filter like they're having to filter 10 tons of mud out of their engine.

Moral of the story, if you give your oil filter a serious job to do.... ..you're already blown the engine.

All you need is a quality unit that works and doesn't cause a lot of pressure drop.