Oil Filter Information

any one interested in great filters that are cheap and you don't have too clean , I use Baldwin, wix, Donaldson ,
I really do like these filters though , but my engine needs to be a little more bad ass to justify , ya know mines just a stock reliable weekend cruiser , I do want the black nickel one as well keep black , great info thx

any one interested in great filters that are cheap and you don't have too clean , I use Baldwin, wix, Donaldson ,
I really do like these filters though , but my engine needs to be a little more bad ass to justify , ya know mines just a stock reliable weekend cruiser , I do want the black nickel one as well keep black , great info thx

From what I understand during cold starts and when the filter fills with debris (as in engine failure) the bypass opens and contaminated oil circulates through the engine oil cooler and the turbo requiring replacement of the turbo and the radiator (or engine oil cooler, if separate).

The non-bypass filter does the same thing as the turbo saver for the same money without the extra hoses and such.

I was looking into the turbo saver and decided to go this route instead.

Just another option.

isn't the by pass valve located in the block on stock setup and only opens when filter gets chocked up

The one I keep in stock have no bypass since it is not needed.

isn't the by pass valve located in the block on stock setup and only opens when filter gets chocked up

You're right. With this filter the bypass valve in the filter base doesn't open because this filter doesn't get choked up due to slow flow.

I'm sure it would get choked up eventually if a rod fell to the bottom of the pan and you ran it long enough to get ground up by the crank.

It doesn't need the bypass option due to the one in the filter base. It looks like it's not as guaranteed protection as the turbo saver, but close.