What is with the new breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are dead on.

I saw a turbo for sale on here yesterday for $250.00 I sortta wanted it just to get my car going, so I was going to send a PM to be first inline but I didn't because I sortta want to get a larger turbo.
I almost got my self into an impulsive buying situation that I would have not wanted to be in. So instead I let the deal go until I am sure of what I want before commit and not waste any ones time including mines.

I guess the train of thought is Fck it if I changed my mind seeya.
OR
I am too embarrassed to call the guy up and say I thought I could afford it but I really can’t.
Either way it sucks for the other guy Seller or Buyer.
BTW I sold my car about 15 times to 15 deferent people in the last six months. And they all had cash on hand.:biggrin:

Personally I don't think it's the job market or the economy at all.

People are born and raised with a specific set of morals and principles. Those that have higher principles and morals will stand by them. Those that don't.... well, they wont, plain and simple.
It's pretty easy to see what's happening to the moral fiber of our country, just look around you. Family values are no longer as important as they once were, parents don't know how to be parents, and the young suffer.

Orlandogbody among others have done this to me as well. They pm and make a deal, then want shipping quotes. I package the items, drive across town and get a quote then dirve home, reply to them....only to never hear from them again. Getting kinda tired of the "tire-kickers". Broken economy or not....they still have internet acess, which means they can type a msg.
Had my share of this crap too. People think for some reason you have a post office next door. It takes time, gasoline and effort to get an accurate quote. I'm gonna just toss parts in the dump I think instead of wasting time and effort on some bum who backs out of a deal because shipping is $8 instead of $4....after I waste $4 bucks in gas going to the damn post office to get a quote......which is repeated several times for several people usually. Beware of tire kickers with "cash in hand" who are either ready to buy a car or "knows" someone who wants to buy immediately..... :mad:

"The economy"???
Bottom line: If you can't afford to "play", don't get involved. A very simple concept. You look at your disposable income, and make a decision as to "yes", or "no".
Not rocket science.......

Crime has gone up since the economy has taken this drastic downswing. Its in the numbers. Yes the economy can make a person who was on the verge of stealing, actually decide to steal. Just a shameful fact. When a man has to provide for his family, sometimes he will take drastic measures. I've seen it firsthand unfortunately.

"The economy"???
Bottom line: If you can't afford to "play", don't get involved. A very simple concept. You look at your disposable income, and make a decision as to "yes", or "no".
Not rocket science.......

You have it rate on Chuck if you cant play dont bother people and yaa you do waste a lot of time and gas runing around for nothing.

You have it rate on Chuck if you cant play dont bother people and yaa you do waste a lot of time and gas runing around for nothing.

Unfortunately, its these people that thought they could afford something because the banks will give loans to anyone (well, not anymore). Hence, some people just want things they can't afford, and oh look, the economy is crap. Half these loans the banks shouldn't have even been given out. Now people are knee deep in debt and they wonder why. IF YOU HAVE TO CHARGE IT, YOU PROBABLY CAN'T AFFORD IT!

Although I do not feel that the weakening economy, failing job market, and dreadfully high unemployment rate are assignable causes, I do feel that they are very strong contributing factors. Moral fiber and ethical backbone are not what they used to be.

Although I do not feel that the weakening economy, failing job market, and dreadfully high unemployment rate are assignable causes, I do feel that they are very strong contributing factors. Moral fiber and ethical backbone are not what they used to be.

Thats what I was trying to say.:biggrin:

I am not buying the economy stuff. Prices are listed in posts, and more then likely they are a couple hundred bucks on average but mostly under $1000. if you have it, you respond to buy it, if you don't then don't waste peoples time. I have had the rug yanked from under me several times in the past few years as Mike said. Its just common sense more then anything else. Nothing pisses me off worse then dealing with someone back and forth only to get stiffed after they had already commited to buying your stuff without the balls to say they simply can't afford it (just go in hidding). I think we should start a new business here inspired by Turbo buick owners, and that is kick in crackers telegrams. Imagine a telegram comes to your house and as soon as you sign for the package, the guy kicks you in your balls:biggrin: and when your on the ground in the fettle position the guy says, " its from Ttypewhite on the Turbobuick board, rmeber him? the guy you stiffed....well, have a good day".

update

Exactly what you said and then some. Today I had an offer of $2,200.00 and they blamed it on the economy. Hell no. I refuse to deal with that bs. It is because they are sorry a$$ low ballers. End of story. I don't go to reeves import motorcars of tampa and ask to test drive a new luxury vehicle, request info, then give them a paycheck stub for 12 bucks an hour and blame it on the economy why I cannot afford the $65,000.00 asking price then offer them $12,500.00 :eek:

I am not buying the economy stuff. Prices are listed in posts, and more then likely they are a couple hundred bucks on average but mostly under $1000. if you have it, you respond to buy it, if you don't then don't waste peoples time. I have had the rug yanked from under me several times in the past few years as Mike said. Its just common sense more then anything else. Nothing pisses me off worse then dealing with someone back and forth only to get stiffed after they had already commited to buying your stuff without the balls to say they simply can't afford it (just go in hidding). I think we should start a new business here inspired by Turbo buick owners, and that is kick in crackers telegrams. Imagine a telegram comes to your house and as soon as you sign for the package, the guy kicks you in your balls:biggrin: and when your on the ground in the fettle position the guy says, " its from Ttypewhite on the Turbobuick board, rmeber him? the guy you stiffed....well, have a good day".

LOL, what exactly is the fettle position? Or did you mean fetal?:biggrin:

I must admit, I have been lazy at times and have forgotten to respond to people pertaining to parts. Then again, if I really didn't need it, then I would have tried harder. This is something that happens in every board. I get the classic "Is it still for sale? If so, I can send paypal right away!", then I never hear from them again. Been going on for years. All I can really say is deal with it. Its better than being ripped off.

My take

After 2 less than desirable dealings in the last 2 weeks, from now on I am only buying from people I know. In one of the deals I thought I was buying 2 air temp sensors--only one in package and I have no idea what it fits. I'll eat it--less than $30--Kids, I assume.

Yep..

After 2 less than desirable dealings in the last 2 weeks, from now on I am only buying from people I know. In one of the deals I thought I was buying 2 air temp sensors--only one in package and I have no idea what it fits. I'll eat it--less than $30--Kids, I assume.

Lee, "only people you know" sounds like a plan. However, maybe put some steak sauce on it, and pretend you are at the Outback! :D
I'd bet there's another buyer that also got "had" on the same deal.. Sent you 1, and the 2nd went to another unsuspecting buyer....

Guys ,lets face it ,,the business world out there is no better ,,we could start a site with just the unetical dealings that go on in our own type of businessess,,,

new breed

Same here..I think their eyes is bigger than their wallets.I ran across a few who come across as dreamers,talking about I have this and that and come to find out they don't have nothing at all.I think we should have a list of these people in a section that we can reference when making deals for our own safety..Asking a price on a part is one thing,but when you tell someone you need that part and making arrangements to get price and shipping to that person and they never respond back,sucks..you just wasted time,when you could have sold your part to the next guy...

I'm not gonna lie, I've had to tell a few people its gonna have to wait a few days or even a few months. jdpolzin hangs onto stuff for me for months sometimes, it's usually a matter of me pooling the money together, but now its just a matter of getting some time to meet up with him. He's been hanging on to a few things for close to 6 months but I've dealt with him before so I know I'm not gonna get ripped off and get sold junk and I usually don't d!ck around with price with him because I know it's nice stuff. THere are other members I've bought from and have told them it will be a few days cause stuff DOES come up. I AM one of those people that don't have money falling out of my @ss, but I'm not gonna sit there and tell someone I want a 500-800 dollar low mile turbo when KNOW I don't have the money for it. Truthfully it is taking WAAY longer than would it should to put my car together and I could never afford to pay someone to build me a 5-10k motor either or even build a stage motor myself. But there are others like me that like these cars so much they'll do anything to have one, even replace a reliable daily driver for one. My wife has to put up with an unfinished house because of it. She gets pissed at times but knows I've given up my share of things for her and my daughter also. I've had people tell me they want stuff and never hear anything. I don't get mad, just move on, who cares?

I would be WAAY more concerned about somebody ripping you off money. THat's my biggest fear buying stuff on this board. Luckily it hasn't happened yet.

People are born and raised with a specific set of morals and principles. Those that have higher principles and morals will stand by them. Those that don't.... well, they wont, plain and simple.
It's pretty easy to see what's happening to the moral fiber of our country, just look around you. Family values are no longer as important as they once were, parents don't know how to be parents, and the young suffer.

I would say this is fair assessment! IMO. I haven't been around here long, but already bought a few things from 2 Nasstybuicks and others!..Smooth transactions like Grandma's white gravy....Well, some Grandma's!:biggrin:

GC

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.