What is with the new breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvJr

I have had 2 new guys make deals with me to buy parts and stand me up never call or answer pm's or thread responses. Jessescool and orlandogbody have stood me up and not even bother to let me know they changed their mind or plans or whatnot. I recommend steering clear of them.

YUP
Iv'e had the same thing happening with a few of the newbe's ????
It isn't like it use to be.:confused:

all time

I have that happen all the time not just new breed every body does it.:mad: our you make a somken deal send pics and they dont what it.

all the time

I have that happen all the time not just new breed every body does it.:mad: our you make a somken deal send pics and they dont what it.

I meant they set up to pick it up and everything, the other was set to meet and exchange parts. The deals were striken and then ignored.

we heard ya the first time !! :p Stuff is tuff to sell .. I have a ton of it and I think most of it is goin in the trash rather than playing the 15 emails and goin back an forth on a $30 part :eek:

same

we heard ya the first time !! :p Stuff is tuff to sell .. I have a ton of it and I think most of it is goin in the trash rather than playing the 15 emails and goin back an forth on a $30 part :eek:

here. I have had the same experiences lately. However there are some that have been very good sales experiences. Had guys waste my time 30 emails, pms, phone calls, and end the end they fall off the face of the earth. I make a note of it just incase the next time they contact that way I can be to busy for them as well. Be thankful that they just went away instead of getting caught up in a big drawn out deal with them because you know what they say. Be careful what you wish for. I know a few people on here that are like that. It goes both ways. Buyers and sellers. There are those who only respond to you if they think they are going to make big $ on you and then there are those who waste your time. Just deal with the ones who return calls and don't make excuses.

I suspect that some of this "new breed" philosophy is in part due to the weakening of the job market and the economy. At least every couple of weeks I think how nice it would be to have a new turbo Buick to play with, or a new (to me) 1 or 2 year old Z06, and then within a couple of days I come to my senses. I an generally under normal not a flaky person, but my looming retirement, weakening job market, the fact that my company fires and does not lay off, the darkening economy, all are taking their toll. HTH

I have had 2 new guys make deals with me to buy parts and stand me up never call or answer pm's or thread responses. Jessescool and orlandogbody have stood me up and not even bother to let me know they changed their mind or plans or whatnot. I recommend steering clear of them.

Orlandogbody among others have done this to me as well. They pm and make a deal, then want shipping quotes. I package the items, drive across town and get a quote then dirve home, reply to them....only to never hear from them again. Getting kinda tired of the "tire-kickers". Broken economy or not....they still have internet acess, which means they can type a msg.

Orlandogbody among others have done this to me as well. They pm and make a deal, then want shipping quotes. I package the items, drive across town and get a quote then dirve home, reply to them....only to never hear from them again. Getting kinda tired of the "tire-kickers". Broken economy or not....they still have internet acess, which means they can type a msg.

I live in the same town as orlandogbody and there was no shipping and i gave him a great deal on a rear end and fenders with GNX vents and he went MIA. So i guess i will be more selective on how, and with who, i deal.

Ethics

I have that happen all the time not just new breed every body does it.:mad:

There is always another side to the “story”….
We have contacted members, either with a reply or PM and sometimes with both (you know the ones with a million post or with a few hundred post---it doesn’t seem to matter the number of post )to BUY parts--- ONLY to find-out in a later post that the part was sold. Here is where we are” alittle confused”????? How is it that we can be the 1st in-line to respond and 2 days later the seller will post SOLD----o’by-the-way the seller(s) NEVER responded to us saying it was sold OR anything!!!!

ETHICS goes both ways---SELLERS and BUYERS!! I teach my students the”old-school stuff” like manners, respect and ethics and THEN we get on here and other forums and some of the members act like ”JERKS”, Or should I say- they have no ethics and they are unjust in their dealing!!!!! MAN-UP and treat your dealing with “respect” and other people will respect you for HONEST DEALING…..AK---“GOLDEN RULE”!!!

Sorry for the rant, But we have read and read where the Buick forum(s) is a small “family”….. So why don’t we act-like a family with morals and just dealing with others.

Dan I'll give you $75 for those headers you got if you can drop them off to me next time you come down...:biggrin:

278cikiller

I have that happen all the time not just new breed every body does it.
_-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have to disagree with this. Iv'e been at this for 18 years and EVERYBODY !! does NOT !! do this.
Also speaking for myself, I NEVER had this happening until 2 years ago.

278cikiller

I have that happen all the time not just new breed every body does it.
_-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have to disagree with this. Iv'e been at this for 18 years and EVERYBODY !! does NOT !! do this.
Also speaking for myself, I NEVER had this happening until 2 years ago.

Mike, you, Grumpy and I along with a few others that have been doing the turbo Buicks before there were boards, are well aware of the "new breed" and their bad habits and bad manners.

Not saying that all new-comers are like that, but the trust and sharing we have is generally not a part of the new generation.:confused:

Sorry this may piss off a few that do not deserve to be classified as part of the unclean group, but it only takes a few to change our outlook and way of doing business.:(

Samething happen to me. Said he will come two weekends ago to buy m car, I never heard from him so I called. He said next weekend and never heard from this guy again. This is a different person than what you guys are talking about.

"The economy"???
Bottom line: If you can't afford to "play", don't get involved. A very simple concept. You look at your disposable income, and make a decision as to "yes", or "no".
Not rocket science.......

Status
Not open for further replies.