What are they? Muscle car? Hot rod??

jpratt

What do you consider the TRs to be?
When I think muscle car I think 2 door V8 with a bunch of power.
Hot rods to me are classic Ford coupes. And the open wheel cars of a long time ago.
Pony cars are the Camaro, mustang, Firebird and the molars twins.
Tuner cars are small imports and small domestic cars.
Buicks are usually thought of as old man cars.

IMO, We are automotive outcasts. Most of the Muscle Car crowd wont claim us because we don't have a V8 under the hood. The import crowd shuns us because we're made in The USA. What we do have, is each other and this site. I think that's part of the mystique of these cars. We're just off on our own little planet with these things.

No one wants to claim us. Yet, we strike fear into their hearts at a stoplight like no other...

We may not have their brotherly love, but we do have their respect. I'm OK with that.:D

Mike Barnard

Last edited:
IMO, We are automotive outcasts. Most of the Muscle Car crowd wont claim us because we don't have a V8 under the hood. The import crowd shuns us because we're made in The USA. What we do have, is each other and this site. I think that's part of the mystique of these things. We're just off on our own little planet with these things.

No one wants to claim us. Yet, we strike fear into their hearts at a stoplight like no other...

We may not have their brotherly love, but we do have their respect. I'm OK with that.:D

Mike Barnard

Well said Mike! Agreed 100%.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have always considered the TR as the last great muscle car built. An homage to all those before it.....cuz everything after it kinda sucks :)

Well said Mike.
currently cutting it the F loose

Domestic rice muscle car lol.....with that said the respect a GN gets just pulling up ...that's muscle car in my book.

Agreed with above they're definitely a curious misfit....niche market car but If I had to put a label on them it would be more of a muscle car than anything else

IMO, We are automotive outcasts. Most of the Muscle Car crowd wont claim us because we don't have a V8 under the hood. The import crowd shuns us because we're made in The USA. What we do have, is each other and this site. I think that's part of the mystique of these cars. We're just off on our own little planet with these things.

Mike Barnard

Damn Onions.

To me it's like trying to fit music into a genre. Is Green Day punk, punk rock, alternative rock, or something else? At the end of the day who gives a shit. Why is there a need for things to fit a specific category?

I disagree. I've seen both several times, I tend to lean towards the Jerry side. I like seeing them both though, they both put on great shows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Mike Barnard
The forced induction takes us out of the "Muscle car" category. I'd say we are just "Outlaws"..."Misfits"..."UFO's"!!!
We don't need to fall into any group...we'll just keep scaring the shit outta the others, and be glad to do it.

the ultimate 80,s sleeper muscle car period! and humbled many a ford mudstains owners. (quote whats that thing have in it no way!).

It may not be a muscle car but they surely are a blast to drive and even in stock trim can lay waste to a great many typical "muscle cars" They clearly were the end of an era and they have a hard to describe cool factor about them. I've had mine 20 years and still haven't tired of it.