V8 cars go somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get tired of hearing, do the switch, its just the smart thing to do:rolleyes:

Other than that it's all good:biggrin:

Correct "Turbo Buick Site"

I am ok with anything Buick powered. Seems very little Buick content here on the "Buick Website" these days.

This site caters to all...ummm kinda like your website...you do carry other trannies dont you,not just the 2004r...bla bla bla ..:biggrin:

Maybe after we blow up a few more V6's we'll make the switch. For now the V6 build continues. :D

To me, its like this:
A turbo v8 regal running 7s = cool.
A turbo v6 regal running 7s = bad f'n @ss
A turbo v8 regal running 9s or slower = why bother?
a turbo v6 regal runnings 9s or slower = bad @ss

And for those that say, "yeah well a 9 sec v8 is more reliable and cheaper" .....I say BS!
Don't tell that to my budget, Chinese part having 109 engine that is going on year 5 with not even a blown head basket. Its all in the tune and not doing anything stupid. Check a plug or two after every hard run. Don't go out first pass all out if the car hasn't been to the track lately. Data log everything and look for weird numbers. Don't run it on the edge all the time. Cheapee oil and frequent oil changes is better than expensive gimmick oil and changing it once a year.

I agree 100% Kevin with what you say. However, the choice of engine builders who don't think they are "GOD" are more plentiful and the choice of engine builders who charge a fair price and put out product is what makes the V8 choice more attractive. A 9 second street driven V6 turbo car can be very reliable no doubt.

excuses beside you have 2 more cylinders :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• v6 excuses.jpg
    v6 excuses.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 575
The hell with all of it, I am going to buy that AMC Pacer on ebay they are talking about on the TB Facebook page. 12 miles all stock.:D

Flame on but.... I respect TR's and I think the LC2 was the most revolutionary engine in its time, and there are alot of fast phuckin Buicks out there that can go as fast as a V8 car, but in terms of reliability, driveablity, and parts availability how can you beat a LSx platform??.... plain and simple you cant. Instead of buying F.A.S.T you can get LS1 edit and you have a Stock ECU that can be tuned. And the stock ecu gives you a chit ton of data on top of it so problems are easier identified.

Flame on but.... I respect TR's and I think the LC2 was the most revolutionary engine in its time, and there are alot of fast phuckin Buicks out there that can go as fast as a V8 car, but in terms of reliability, driveablity, and parts availability how can you beat a LSx platform??.... plain and simple you cant. Instead of buying F.A.S.T you can get LS1 edit and you have a Stock ECU that can be tuned. And the stock ecu gives you a chit ton of data on top of it so problems are easier identified.

Very well said!

I have an 87 Limited parts car in the garage.......but it came off the Buick assembly line with a non Buick V8. Guess I'm still out:D The only thing I owned with a Buick engine is now sitting behind the shop. It had to donate it's block to replace another broken 109.....

Yes I agree and there is a lot of good info on them on ls1tech.com. I dont recall that anyone was making a comparison:confused:. I want to read about LSx motors here as much as I want to hear about your nissan:rolleyes:

v8

Nope had a great day. Just come to get my Buick Fix and see LS this my V8 that and the number one blood pressure statement by the Fruit Loops that just dont know any better. "put an LS in it"

One of the reasons I didn't want to put a v8 in the regal and got a chevy g body to mess with. I agree on the ls statement. It's a cool engine but it's a fad. When the lsz comes out the ls will become the new lt. People always jump on the bandwagon for something new.

The way I see it we should welcome all of them here and show them look biotches this little Buick v6 started it and can still put a beat down on many v8's. I don't think the TR has to prove anything anymore. Anytime one is seen at the track or on the street it gives the opposing driver the Clint Eastwood impression. " Do you feel lucky? " " Well do ya punk " :biggrin:You just can't tell if you're next to a stock TR or a heavily modified one. Regardless you will be in for a battle if the owner has half a clue. One of the sweetest easiest responding car to modifications ever made.

I drove the family out to the local car show in my V6 Buick..

Oh it runs 9.ohs :D

Attachments

• 2011-06-18 18.50.17.jpg
    2011-06-18 18.50.17.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 350
Instead of buying F.A.S.T you can get LS1 edit and you have a Stock ECU that can be tuned. And the stock ecu gives you a chit ton of data on top of it so problems are easier identified.

You still got a stock ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.