V8 cars go somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still got a stock ECU.

Exactly! An LSx "0411" ECM is as good as it gets for tune-ability and drive-ability.

GM had all their ducks in a row with both the LC2 and LS series engines. The difference is that the LC2 was a low production engine which has relatively low aftermarket support when compared to LS series engines which may be why not many people did the swap back in the day. Whereas the LSx is completely opposite with a plethora made, tons of aftermarket and factory parts along with today’s technology they are hard to beat.

I feel the LS guys should be as welcome here as the Turbo Buicks are at LS1 tech or in GM High Tech performance magazine, because let’s face it nothing about the GN is high tech anymore though they still gain respect from most LS guys. The stock ECMs have about as much processing power as my automatic coffee maker... :rolleyes:

,Dan

Why stop at LS,too common,and too many go fast gadgets:pI have one of these for sale:p 2358 HP at 7800 rpm:wink:

Kevin

Attachments

• Chris race parts 001.jpg
    Chris race parts 001.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 309
I dont know about you guys but I am tired of the V8 threads on this board. Convert your car to LS1 or V8 other than Buick and dont even own a Buick powered car anymore. Go hang out somewhere else.

NOW HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!! GM did use Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and Chevy in the G body cars! I have owned one Buick Non Turbo that was an 86 with an Olds 307 in it. As i see it if GM used it from the factory well then i can too. :biggrin: That why the holes are in the K member for. As an employee for Callies performance products I will say there are very many options for the LS1. Lets face it the 350 is going to stay why not improve it and there are guys here on this board that have a turbo on the V8. And also we dont have Olds or Pontiac or a real Buick engine anymore Its just a modifide Chevy engine now. Sorry just had to add my 2 Cents. LOL

I return from two days with the daughter and read threw all these post. I read cheep in expensive. WHAT?????????????? Are you kidding me? I see V-8 guys spending double and going slower that most of the cars right here.

This is a fine example of a modern turbo regal making big power on E85

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...urbo-ls2-powered-regal-makes-750rwhp-e85.html

The V-6 @ 685 was much more impressive. You could not have picked a better example of a 88 LS Turbo car underachieving. I am sure it cost less to build than the V6 too. Put that thing on race gas and lets see if it make more than Lyons car did. Your real close BTW you only have 460 more horses to scratch up.

The V-6 @ 685 was much more impressive. You could not have picked a better example of a 88 LS Turbo car underachieving. I am sure it cost less to build than the V6 too. Put that thing on race gas and lets see if it make more than Lyons car did. Your real close BTW you only have 460 more horses to scratch up.

Both have mild street tunes and BTW both are still in one piece!:eek:

People want whats easy.They dont want the challenge The ls motor is an easy swap.Its like going to the World Of Wheels ans seeing all the high end ford customs with chevy engines in them. That kills me when I see that. The way I look at Lonnie,Let them step down and be cheap and easy :biggrin: Wow sounds like my first wife:eek: Anyone swapping to the Ls engines call Lonnie and I we will take all those junk v6's off your hands

Truth is my brothers stock long block 6.0 LSx on 15PSI in a 69' chevy pickup will walk all over my 3.8 on 25 PSI and E85... But then again he must not know any better...

,Dan
I am thinking its the Buick owner. Many Buicks around here that can get 20 mpg with Ice cold a/c with 2004Rs that would hurt your brothers feelings.

No feelings would be hurt. I understand what your saying buicks are the greatest most high tech engine ever made.... About 20 years ago... Turbobuicks are a great ride a something special thats why I own one, and it will never be anything but turbo v6 powered, but im at a point where it wouldnt even be cost effective to make it any faster... actually im past that point already... The next ride im building is an Turbo LSx powered Malibu and ill be perfectly content with not knowing any better. :) Thats all I have left to say..

Regards, Dan

No feelings would be hurt. I understand what your saying buicks are the greatest most high tech engine ever made.... About 20 years ago... Turbobuicks are a great ride a something special thats why I own one, and it will never be anything but turbo v6 powered, but im at a point where it wouldnt even be cost effective to make it any faster... actually im past that point already... The next ride im building is an Turbo LSx powered Malibu and ill be perfectly content with not knowing any better. :) Thats all I have left to say..

Regards, Dan

A local LSX guy has a brand new assembled LS shortblock, Probe pistons, eagle rods. 1000hp capable for $3500 for sale if your interested. According to some on here you can do this as cheap and reliable with a V6 but I sorta doubt it.

ported stock heads, stock crank and stock aluminum block which is the weakest ls block around. Put some ported stock heads and a stock crank in Chris's car and let's see how it runs

ported stock heads, stock crank and stock aluminum block which is the weakest ls block around. Put some ported stock heads and a stock crank in Chris's car and let's see how it runs

Better yet put the TSM 70mm turbo on Mick's car from his brother Dave's car and do a comparison with both on E85:wink:

A local LSX guy has a brand new assembled LS shortblock, Probe pistons, eagle rods. 1000hp capable for $3500 for sale if your interested. According to some on here you can do this as cheap and reliable with a V6 but I sorta doubt it.

I've seen comparable steel crank 109 short blocks "used' for sale here in that price range. Show me a vendor who is building them for that and we'll talk. Not my uncle's cousins brother knew a guy selling it cheap:confused:

Both have mild street tunes and BTW both are still in one piece!:eek:

Hey Dave,
Just broke the new motor in my old car on the dyno other day. Its all ready to go and 15 minutes from Milan, LMK when you guys want to go to the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.