V8 cars go somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickt

I dont know about you guys but I am tired of the V8 threads on this board. Convert your car to LS1 or V8 other than Buick and dont even own a Buick powered car anymore. Go hang out somewhere else.

I dont know about you guys but I am tired of the V8 threads on this board. Convert your car to LS1 or V8 other than Buick and dont even own a Buick powered car anymore. Go hang out somewhere else.

Hey!!! that is cylinderism ,+ shouldn't be tolerated on any board.:biggrin:

Besides it's the lounge ,off topic subjects remember. It breaks up the monotony of a 1 subject topic,+ a good portion of the members also have v8 cars,+ even a v10 or 2,+ it gives a bit more to talk about ,+ gives perspective to the buicks,by having discussions about other types, I think it makes for a more well rounded site, especially when the other 98% of the site is all about the buick turbo cars ,as it should be.

Hey!!! that is cylinderism ,+ shouldn't be tolerated on any board.:biggrin:

Besides it's the lounge ,off topic subjects remember. It breaks up the monotony of a 1 subject topic,+ a good portion of the members also have v8 cars,+ even a v10 or 2,+ it gives a bit more to talk about ,+ gives perspective to the buicks,by having discussions about other types, I think it makes for a more well rounded site, especially when the other 98% of the site is all about the buick turbo cars ,as it should be.

Should be Policy!! " NO V-8s allowed " LOL

HMMMmmmmm that is quite discriminatory.

Besides, this is a Turbo Buick site not a V6 site.

What if the turbo Buick has a V8?

D

HMMMmmmmm that is quite discriminatory.

Besides, this is a Turbo Buick site not a V6 site.

What if the turbo Buick has a V8?

D

Correct "Turbo Buick Site"

I am ok with anything Buick powered. Seems very little Buick content here on the "Buick Website" these days.

yeah- and get rid of the Syclone/Typhoon section, since they are GMC trucks with Chevy engines.. and the hybrid section. and no questions about the turbocharged Monte Carlos from 1980 or whenever.
got a 1989 Turbo Trans AM? head to an F body board...

Somebody with to many pistons get under your skin ?

Nope had a great day. Just come to get my Buick Fix and see LS this my V8 that and the number one blood pressure statement by the Fruit Loops that just dont know any better. "put an LS in it"

Should be Policy!! " NO V-8s allowed "

This is one of the best sites on the internet,why fix what isn't broken?
There is a reason it's as big + popular as it is,I think it's run to perfection, don't change it now..:smile:

This is one of the best sites on the internet,why fix what isn't broken?
There is a reason it's as big + popular as it is,I think it's run to perfection, why change it's make-up now, If it became Overrun with v8 talk,in all the diff sections + was in danger of being changed into something it's not meant to be,then i'd agree, but 1 section,where you are allowed to talk about v8's or anything else for that matter,is perfect + adds to,not detracts from, the site.Anybody not wanting to read a v8 thread or any other subject thread, usually just skips over it,+ reads the ones they are interested in, there are lots of topics in the lounge i'm not interested in,+ i just go to the next thread that i am interested in, but i don't want to ban the threads i don't read.
Sorry not trying to be combative ,just can't get behind your proposed ban.:smile:

I think you are taking me too literal. Not proposing a ban on anything. I know the Lounge is anything goes thats why I posted here. Other than Buick power talk goes on all over this board. Just expressing frustration with those that move on to something else and no longer offer any type of contribution to the Buick Power community but seem to be looking for our approval.

I think you are taking me too literal. Not proposing a ban on anything. I know the Lounge is anything goes thats why I posted here. Other than Buick power talk goes on all over this board. Just expressing frustration with those that move on to something else and no longer offer any type of contribution to the Buick Power community but seem to be looking for our approval.

Ya, after i read your other posts i realized you were not really pushing for it,Thats why i edited it down, if you look back at the post i whittled it down to don't fix what ain't broken. :)

lonnie, can you help me with my viper motor install?? I want to put it in my WE4..

;)

Nope had a great day. Just come to get my Buick Fix and see LS this my V8 that and the number one blood pressure statement by the Fruit Loops that just dont know any better. "put an LS in it"

I think the people that know better say that but in a different form "Put a boosted LS in it" :) Since the LS engine gets just as good if not better fuel economy, makes better power, doesnt leak, is more reliable, and it cheaper to make the same power.... Dang it I better stop or I will start to wonder why I still own a turbobuick... :eek:

Truth is my brothers stock long block 6.0 LSx on 15PSI in a 69' chevy pickup will walk all over my 3.8 on 25 PSI and E85... But then again he must not know any better...

,Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.