Trunk mounted ALKY tank...

Yup, nothing comes cheap but results are worth it. Mounting that tank to ledge in the trunk might be a great idea if the other tanks are not available. I would mount the pump underneath the ledge. That way you would still have space for your spare.

By the time you factor 15 ft of braided hose, new hose from tank to pump, tank itself, vent, check valve, fitting for tank outlet, new wiring, float for tank, etc.. 300 wont cover it. You'll have an easy 200 plus the cost of the tank you decide on. Not counting labor to do the car.

Just saying o_O
Very true you have a point, but if you can spend $600 on the alky kit itself then you can spend some one this tub. It's more of a luxury item than anything, but nonetheless with any performance or luxury thing to these cars...... they cost a pretty penny to get it done right.
I rather do it right and once than less and multiple times.

Julio, That looks perfectr for my hybrid, can you provide info or a link please?
Scott
I make a kit for the 2010+ Camaro's and that's the tank I mount in the trunk
Let me know if you have any specifics. I also carry a 2 and 3 gallon variety.
Fwiw my mustang runs the 4 gallon

Here are some other tank pic's..
Jaz 3 Gallon CTSV 1.jpg
Jaz 3 Gallon CTSV 2.jpg

This is a 3 gallon. It has a smaller footprint than the 4 gallon, but is taller. I use these on the 4th gen f-body, CTSV, and newer Mustang trunk setups. There is an example of pump in the wheel well.

Coach you can count me in for 1 for sure. I've wanted one of those metco fuel cells for awhile. If not then the package tray idea isnt bad.

Coach you can count me in for 1 for sure. I've wanted one of those metco fuel cells for awhile. If not then the package tray idea isnt bad.
OK. Thats what this is all about. Posting interest to get the product made again. I stood behind my car and trying to pour ALKY into something mounted on the package tray would be a little awkward...I believe. I think I would mount it over the spare tire well and mount the pump down in the well itself.

Nobody else that runs ALKY is interested in doing this??? Unbelievable.

I would love to do this but have 6 dynobatt batteries in the spare well. I think it's a great idea and would love to see some more variations of this.

I'm pretty interested in this type of set up. Just today I was trying to decide if I wanted to run non-flammable boost juice or methanol.

I told Rick I was in. We bought the last batch he had. Believe it or not other Gbody's use these as well.
We installed a few trunk location kits for the Alky. It is just a nice set up.
We had bought a pallet of these from Rick & took about 2 years to go thru them.
Rick sumed it up. When they are in stock no one wants them. When you run out every one has to have them.

This is a great idea. When I saw Mark do it, it had the wheels turning in my head. I can't commit to one yet, because I am in the process of a rim/suspension make over, but it will be something I will definitely looking into down the road. I have gone on some cruises in the summer and when I got back home, I always pop the hood and let the car cool down and just look things over. With that being said, I have noticed my alky in the reservoir bubbling because of the heat coming off my 5" downpipe. I'm not a fan of header wraps (looks awful), kinda reminds me of a women covering her cleavage with a scarf. Some things are just made to be seen. lol
IMG-20120908-00377.jpg

This is a great idea. When I saw Mark do it, it had the wheels turning in my head. I can't commit to one yet, because I am in the process of a rim/suspension make over, but it will be something I will definitely looking into down the road. I have gone on some cruises in the summer and when I got back home, I always pop the hood and let the car cool down and just look things over. With that being said, I have noticed my alky in the reservoir bubbling because of the heat coming off my 5" downpipe. I'm not a fan of header wraps (looks awful), kinda reminds me of a women covering her cleavage with a scarf. Some things are just made to be seen. lol
IMG-20120908-00377.jpg
Oh Mike,
I completely agree...about the cleavage!!!:cool:

Oh yeah...SUPERB ENGINE BAY!!! Sorry...my mind was on cleavage.

Yeah I'm tired of lugging a 2 gal container to the track as well. I'm in. I get a low warning light after a few runs and have to top off regularly.

Good to hear. Brian from Gbody parts is watching this thread. He will probably be the one to get them built. Julio will make all the other items needed to install.
We need more guys...

I'll take one, i'm due for a new pump anyway, would be a good time to replumb the whole system while im there. My cap doesnt seal worth a damn anyway, and i'm always nervous pouring alcohol next to a hot downpipe. Would free up underhood space, reduce nose weight, and add capacity too... What's not to like!?

haywire4130 said:
I'll take one, i'm due for a new pump anyway, would be a good time to replumb the whole system while im there. My cap doesnt seal worth a damn anyway, and i'm always nervous pouring alcohol next to a hot downpipe. Would free up underhood space, reduce nose weight, and add capacity too... What's not to like!?

Cool. We are keeping tabs.
Thank uou