To Many Turbos!!!

screaminchicken

Hey I was wondering if anyone can help me decide what turbo setup to run. Lets start with what I have now, tranny wise its a Mike Kurtz "extreme" 2004R(this is a turbo TA) with a precision vigulante 3K stall. Fuel wise its walbro 307 and a volt booster so I get that extra little push past 10 pounds. I have all the basic engine mods on like thermo, adjustable fuel, etc. What I'd like to do is upgrade my injectors and turbo using the stock engine/internals, and break some mid/low 11's and be able to stay in the low 12's on street gas, I was looking at the precision turbos like the PT53-61 and using some 50lbs injectors, but I'm basically coming into upgrading turbos blindly, so any suggestions on how i could hit those goals with the stock engine would be cool, I really like the idea of the PT61 though from what I've been reading.

The big question is.....

Have you maxed your current combo yet?

Assuming you have, allways try to go a little bigger than what you originaly think just because it will save a little time and money down the road when you get bit hard by "the bug".

I would go TE45a and upgrade injectors to 72lb'ers with a 3500 stahl. Got subframe connecters? :D

That's probably why you bought this car anyway right? You knew the potential of the HP.

The way i see it is I can go into the garage right now and tinker with my TTA a little and pull another 50hp out of it if I want. Leave a little in it to play with;)

And dont tell me if you run an 11.20 you wont want to shoot for tens:cool: Of course this would involve steel main caps roll bar and some other little goodies.

Just My .02

Bo

I just got a te-45a a few weeks ago. It pulls great and I don't even have the converter to match it yet.

I'm going with a 3800 stall, 72's, steel main caps and a girdle.

You might want to make a post in the TTA section, I know a couple guy's around my way run some 11.50's with a TA-51 stock intercooler stock heads, and MSD 50's but they do have a 210-205 cam.They run those #'s with pump gas and alky. However I would go with the TE-54 it works great on my dads GN his car has a 2,800 stall and its a hair tight. His car is a all stock motor and it has been 7.43 at 92 to the eighth on a 1.59 sixty foot with pump gas and xylene.

The first thing i would like to know is what intercooler you have . if it is stock or stock loc. that is cool .I like your 1st choice I run a PT61 and have fun with it I'm runnin in the 11.50s and have run a 11.50 flat this is with tunin problems that I'm workin on now ,but this has nothin to do with the turbo. It is a great turbo in my opinion and tta it should have no problems with mid to low 11s.
I ran 11.50 at 25psi 1.62 sixty .

just my 02

randy