this 8 second stock block.

Turbo6Smackdown

What do they mean by a 109 block. I know its our casting number but... he said it was stock...rebuilt by zimmerman.

Im lost. a stock 109...but its a rebuilt tsm? I dont know what that means. If its a rebuilt tsm block, its not a stock 109. So if thats a stock 109, whats a non stock one then... Im new to the whole organized racing scene, and its formal classes.

That doesnt sound stock to me though.

TSM is a class you run your car in they have rules you need to follow. such as it has to be a 109 block. and the have to run a certain turbo size.go to the TSM (turbo street modified) section for all the rules.

Just means he did it with a production block #6109 and not a stage 2 heavy duty block- quite a feat. the internals dont have to be stock but the block is.

It means stock block as in the block that actually came in the car from the factory. I understand your point. If you stick to that deffinition of a stock any motor that has been rebuilt or freshend with NOS parts is still no longer "stock." It is a great accomplishment period. How many other cars out there can say that a production block that came in the cars originally can be pushed to 150+mph 1/4?

I may be wrong but I don't think a full weight mustang with a production 302 can get there or a camaro with an ls/lt 1 can do it:) At least not without a truckload of NOS behind it:biggrin:

I was wondering the same thing when I saw "stock"block.I'm also very new to the whole TSM world. Thanks , ROB

I may be wrong but I don't think a full weight mustang with a production 302 can get there or a camaro with an ls/lt 1 can do it At least not without a truckload of NOS behind it

A production LS1 Gen III motor is plenty strong to run well into the 8's. In fact, I have seen 8 second passes on stock internals with aftermarket pistons.

I ran against 2 different Gen III F-body cars at the M10 event Quick 16 race. Unfortuantely it was a heads-up race and I brought a 9 second knife to an 8 second gunfight.

dsm's. yea, theyre into the 8's, for about a million dollars lol. I do LOVE the way a 2nd gen talon looks though. one of the smoothest lookin rides out there.

A production LS1 Gen III motor is plenty strong to run well into the 8's. In fact, I have seen 8 second passes on stock internals with aftermarket pistons.

I ran against 2 different Gen III F-body cars at the M10 event Quick 16 race. Unfortuantely it was a heads-up race and I brought a 9 second knife to an 8 second gunfight.

You mean n/a with no nitrous?

Guess if you add the weight its where the accomplishment is.

See take a DSM 4 cyl engine and put it in a dragster.. it will run low 7's given enough boost.

Now put that engine in a car with driver weighing 3400 lbs.. thats what we're talking about. Comparing a 2000 lb car against a 3400 lb car.. apples to oranges.

The LS1 engine will go 8's with forced induction. Meaning blower/turbo.. and some with nitrous. But given they have more displacement. I dont know how many at 3400+ lbs on stock displacement blocks have achieved 156 MPH in 1/4. Not talking 427 LS1.. 346 CI.

Power output is unreal to achieve 156 with an OEM block in a car that heavy. More so is the displacement.

NOTE.. "Car that heavy" Stage motors had more displacement and beefier block, crank, rods, etc..

Would be cool to see what is released as to the buildup of the combination.

No nitrous, one twin, one single turbo. Looks like going fast with a gen III/IV engine is becoming common place.

If I weren't heavily invested in Buick stuff, I'd be building Gen III/IV motors. The new GM Performance LSX blocks will soon be available for $1800. Put that together with a pair of L92 heads (320CFM) and a T-76 turbo and make BIG POWER!!

All the Good suppliers are jumping on the Gen III/IV bandwagon making some really strong parts.

See take a DSM 4 cyl engine and put it in a dragster.. it will run low 7's given enough boost.

Now put that engine in a car with driver weighing 3400 lbs.. thats what we're talking about. Comparing a 2000 lb car against a 3400 lb car.. apples to oranges.
A 1st or 2nd generation awd DSM weighs over 3200 lbs...The whole shell of a dsm is the frame...Not all imports have Honda weight..

Running the numbers they ran are a tremendous feat. I see even better numbers gven the mph they ran. Dont be fooled by the stock block thing though. It may have been a production block but chances are it was hand picked over many other "stock" blocks for various reasons. Also that the only thing "stock" about it is the casting. These are big $ TSM engines that probably cost more to build than a S2 and require much more $ than an S2 to continually to run the crazy numbers.

The LS1 engine will go 8's with forced induction. Meaning blower/turbo.. and some with nitrous. But given they have more displacement. I dont know how many at 3400+ lbs on stock displacement blocks have achieved 156 MPH in 1/4. Not talking 427 LS1.. 346 CI.

Power output is unreal to achieve 156 with an OEM block in a car that heavy. More so is the displacement.

NOTE.. "Car that heavy" Stage motors had more displacement and beefier block, crank, rods, etc..

Would be cool to see what is released as to the buildup of the combination.

An 03 Mustang Cobra can run 8's with a completely stock long block, and it's only 281 cubic inches. They'll do it at 3400+ also.

A 1st or 2nd generation awd DSM weighs over 3200 lbs...The whole shell of a dsm is the frame...Not all imports have Honda weight..

Your saying Shepards 7 second car weighs over 3200 lbs?

An 03 Mustang Cobra can run 8's with a completely stock long block, and it's only 281 cubic inches. They'll do it at 3400+ also.

Stock longblock is heads, crank rods, cam.

Please post a link :)

Is this the same motor that comes with steel rods and crank?:rolleyes: Come on ... not even on the same ball park. Im sure if Buick 109s came built the same way this accomplishment would not be such a big deal. Lets stop comparing apples to oranges.:mad:

Running the numbers they ran are a tremendous feat. I see even better numbers gven the mph they ran. Dont be fooled by the stock block thing though. It may have been a production block but chances are it was hand picked over many other "stock" blocks for various reasons. Also that the only thing "stock" about it is the casting. These are big $ TSM engines that probably cost more to build than a S2 and require much more $ than an S2 to continually to run the crazy numbers.

It does not cost more to build a TSM engine than a Quality stage II. You take the new stroker kits Dan and Mike are selling. Those combo's have been well into the 9's already. Can't get much more affordable than that!