Thinking of doing a cool car show.

No & here are the following reasons
Reason num 1# If I beat you no big deal cause I have two more clys.

Reason num 2 # If I don't beat you I'm an idiot for trying.

Reason num 3# To assure I will beat you I will have to invest in tires, tune, headers etc & basically ruin an expensive car just to prove a point.

Reason Num 4 # Corvettes make lousy drag cars but they do handle, stop well & don't fall apart once a week.

Reason num. 5 # I think I'm starting to sound like Mr. H !

Geez!!!:frown:
You should just buy a Turbo Buick! ;)

...and GASP!!!!:eek:
You almost wrote "THE NAME THAT SHALL NOT BE SPOKEN!!!"
Don't do that or a fight will break out between several Southwestern section members. Happens everytime.
It's kinda creepy...:confused:

What happen to your gizzard Lou. don't let him peck on you like that lol

LOL
:biggrin::biggrin:
I'm his ray of sinshine...he knows it...

Like Mike said in the 1st post...

we are getting smaller (as a group), our cars are getting rarer each day. If we keep having cruises and events, where it is not, at least "stressed" that you drive your Turbo Buick, then what's the point?

Giving the TB community 6-8 weeks notice of an event, and expecting them to show up in their Turbo Buick's, is not much too ask. It is a sign of respect to the ones financing, supporting, and producing this event.

I understand cars break down, emergencies happen. However to leave your perfectly good, working Turbo Buick at home so you can impress "the other guys", is ridiculous.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but the last cruise was a mere shadow of the one before that. This event is a great idea and we should do all we can to get EVERY Turbo Buick possible to attend.

Looks to be a great event.

To each his own....

Amen to that brother. :)

Getting the most out of this day.

Here's the way I see this thing going down, to accomplish the most. I want to keep this show as non-commercial as possible. Not everyone wants to listen to a one hour lecture on pinion snubbers. However, some might. In the last two days, I've been called and PMed from many Turbo Buick people who are interested in having some center stage time to share some product or talk about something. If I gave each one of them 30 minutes, this show would go on for three days. Here's my plan.

First part of the day.
Hang out, check out cars, show each other how to use a scanmaster, etc.

Lunch time.
Everyone grab some food, and get a seat inside. At this time, a list of people can be quickly introduced, as to what they have to offer, or are knowledgeable in. These people will be available after the tech session for help. Sort of a round robin. If someone wants to bring a small table, parts, brochures. That's cool.

Tech session.
Turbo Lou will be giving a talk about proper car care and how not to blow up your Turbo Buick. Usualy he does a Q@A at the end. About the time that Lou starts getting off track, and bitching about how long he's been doing this stuff, or farm animal hygiene, Neal Steward will quickly step in and discuss performance goals, combos, tuning tips, etc.

The Tech part of this thing may be 1-2ish hours. That will be up to the individuals and the response. After this. Talk, schmooze, learn, what ever.

Then we'll all give Gary a pink belly for not bringing his Limmited.:D

Will post more as we find out who all's going.

Mike Barnard

Now! Who does good chips and salsa?;)

Mike Barnard

While I can't guarantee everyone will agree with it being "good," I can say that chips, salsa, AS WELL AS guacamole are fairly easy for me to bring, if desired (my company distributes all 3).

Then again, this coming from a potential CTS-V participant. :biggrin:

I like it keep it simple and lets not forget to have fun this all for FUN!!!!!!!!!

Mike i have 15 black hats with the round table flag in front i payed $9 for each one but i would give them to the cause and maybe some one else can enbroed some buick stuff on the sides...

While I can't guarantee everyone will agree with it being "good," I can say that chips, salsa, AS WELL AS guacamole are fairly easy for me to bring, if desired (my company distributed all 3).

Then again, this coming from a potential CTS-V participant. :biggrin:

Are they made by realy Mexicans???:eek:

On Ralph's hat thing. What if we did a all black hat, with So. Western Buicks. and the Turbo-6 logo on the front. Then on the sides, put "Thirteen second club", "Twelve second club", etc.

Mike Barnard

Can I get one that says "16 Second Club!"?

Count the GN in as well. Let me know if you need some help with anything Mike.

can I get one thats says.....

27 MPG ?

or ...so slow- I can take a nap.

or in Jeff's case- never to late, to run an 8...

Got the GS running today. Looking like she'll be able to make the trip...as long as I can hit all the gas stations on the way!