Thinking of doing a cool car show.

If some one wants to help with embroidery I have some ideas for hat's please let me know.

What are you thinking on embroidery? There is a guy local who did the "6" on my headrests and did a real nice job. I paid to have him digitize it, and after that I think the actual embroidery was pretty cheap. You can post here or PM me, I will see how I can help.

Heck! Bring both.:cool:

All suggestions sound great. I may bring some parts of my own. It would be nice to have laptops set up with Dirrect scan and Powerlogger on display for Q @ A. Brent?:D

I can do that :D

speaking of data. i need to look at yours. i will email you tonight

I'm IN.

I'll park my GTO around the corner so I don't get pelted with rotten vegetables when I show up. :biggrin: I'm pretty sure my '87 T will be in the body shop (trust me it needs it). I promise I'll drive it next time. ;)

Neal

neal im glad u got another t and that ur coming..

parts for sale is a great idea i have lots fo stuff...neal gets first pick at my stuff free for neal i owe him...

im glad that mike mentiond the caddy guys good group... if i could afford it i would have a caddy...

n

A word came to me at 3 am this morning and I had to laugh out loud...

"RAFFLE!" I must be having flashbacks from Bates!

Is everyone cool with the Cad's coming along too? I know this is a Buick meet, and there are a lot of kick butt ideas to make it enjoyable, but I like the idea from Mike and Gary about inviting the CTS-V and STS-V crowd. I think it'd be neat to have a few of each to look over, with the CTS' having an LS motor and the STS' having the supercharged Northstar. So far the guys I have met are really similar to the Buick guys I have met; all about mods, performance, drivability, and great looking cars. I don't think they'd be bored learning about Buicks; learning about performance stuff is never boring! If no one has a real issue with it, maybe Gary can throw an invite on the Cad forum for the SW guys??? Opinions?

Is everyone cool with the Cad's coming along too? I know this is a Buick meet, and there are a lot of kick butt ideas to make it enjoyable, but I like the idea from Mike and Gary about inviting the CTS-V and STS-V crowd. I think it'd be neat to have a few of each to look over, with the CTS' having an LS motor and the STS' having the supercharged Northstar. So far the guys I have met are really similar to the Buick guys I have met; all about mods, performance, drivability, and great looking cars. I don't think they'd be bored learning about Buicks; learning about performance stuff is never boring! If no one has a real issue with it, maybe Gary can throw an invite on the Cad forum for the SW guys??? Opinions?

Having the Cads would be great, like the Pizza Cruise a few months back.

Good cars, good people.

However, since this event was originated on a TB forum, by TB members, and supported by the TB community, then you should drive your TURBO BUICK to the event and NOT A CADDY, if you happen to own both.

Seems disrespectful to the TB community to roll up in a Caddy, when you own a Turbo Buick as well. :mad:

Just my $.02

Having the Cads would be great, like the Pizza Cruise a few months back.

Good cars, good people.

However, since this event was originated on a TB forum, by TB members, and supported by the TB community, then you should drive your TURBO BUICK to the event and NOT A CADDY, if you happen to own both.

Seems disrespectful to the TB community to roll up in a Caddy, when you own a Turbo Buick as well. :mad:

Just my $.02

This event was originated on a turbo Buick forum, by turbo Buick members and supported by the turbo Buick community because it is Mike B.'s event as he did the grouping, planning, contacting of people and posting, and he is a member of the forum.

Seems disrespectful to the TB community to roll up in a Caddy, when you own a Turbo Buick as well. :mad:.......Just my $.02[/QUOTE]

Whether I am going to Donut Derelicts, Cars & Coffee - Irvine, or a CTS-V, STS-V, or a Buick get-together I determine what I drive by whatever car needs being driven, whatever group is lacking on cars represented, and whatever car I feel like driving. I do my best to represent both equally.
Just my $.02 worth, and that's before taxes, too.

This event was originated on a turbo Buick forum, by turbo Buick members and supported by the turbo Buick community because it is Mike B.'s event as he did the grouping, planning, contacting of people and posting, and he is a member of the forum.

So it makes sense to drive your TURBO BUICK to the TURBO BUICK event.

You just proved my point.
Whether I am going to Donut Derelicts, Cars & Coffee - Irvine, or a CTS-V, STS-V, or a Buick get-together I determine what I drive by whatever car needs being driven, whatever group is lacking on cars represented, and whatever car I feel like driving. I do my best to represent both equally.
Just my $.02 worth, and that's before taxes, too.

Donut Derelicts, C&C, or a Caddy cruise IS NOT a Turbo Buick originated event, put together by the TB community, like what is being planned and discussed on this forum.

You, being a mod on TB site, should be one the first ones repping the TB Community at a Turbo Buick event.

Last 2 Pizza Cruises I attended, you showed up in your Caddy, while we (forum members) prepped/cleaned/repaired our Buick's in time to make the cruise.

If we can make the time to get our Buick's ready for this event, do the same, drive your Turbo Buick, and the leave the Cad at home.

So it makes sense to drive your TURBO BUICK to the TURBO BUICK event.

You just proved my point.

Donut Derelicts, C&C, or a Caddy cruise IS NOT a Turbo Buick originated event, put together by the TB community, like what is being planned and discussed on this forum.

You, being a mod on TB site, should be one the first ones repping the TB Community at a Turbo Buick event.

Last 2 Pizza Cruises I attended, you showed up in your Caddy, while we (forum members) prepped/cleaned/repaired our Buick's in time to make the cruise.

If we can make the time to get our Buick's ready for this event, do the same, drive your Turbo Buick, and the leave the Cad at home.

I drive what I want, when I want, and where I want within legal limits.
Whether I am a mod or not should not have anything to do with what I drive.

And whether you guys can and do make time to get your Buicks ready for the event, has no bearing upon me and my Buick. It was your choice to do that.

Gary bring the caddy, i will bring the Street Bike and leave my buick at home ;)

F* it then, I am driving the Diesel Excursion!

Just kidding! Sorry if I opened a can of worms here. I liked the idea of the V for me because I have 3 kids, one of which is in a wheelchair, so the 4 door makes it a little easier on my family (and my back) to get up there, if they all come. If it is just me heading up there, then I may or may not be in the V or the GN (broken bumper fillers and all

Hope this didn't ruffle too many feathers, I think it is a great sounding event either way!

My Buick is more than likey going to be in the paint shop. Am I still allowed to come?

Neal

Here's the deal.

So far, I've seen overwhelming support in favor of having the Cad-Vs at this show. If you own both cars, bring what ever you want.

With all the drama and pissing matches surrounding some threads and shows, I want this to be a relaxed get together about teaching, learning, and hanging out with good people. IF your someone who can't swallow their pride and enjoy this thing for what it is, then it may NOT be for you. STAY HOME! That way you won't be disappointed.:)

For the new people (or learkers) here that don't quite understand how to get the most out of your car, are having problems with it, or just want to learn more about Turbo Buicks, this is your show. First off, more than half the cars will have scanmasters. For those that don't have one, ask the people who do have one to show you how it works and how it can keep you from killing your engine. Those that have a scanmaster and are thinking of stepping up to a Dirrect scan, I'll be showing data on my Dirrect scan in the shop. people that want to step up to powerlogger will have a chance to talk to Brent and see what a run looks like on PL.

On Ralph's hat thing. What if we did a all black hat, with So. Western Buicks. and the Turbo-6 logo on the front. Then on the sides, put "Thirteen second club", "Twelve second club", etc. Bring a time slip and buy a hat for around the cost that it took to make it.:) I'll throw in some cash to get the thing going so Ralph isn't funding everything.:D What do you think, Ralph?

Mike Barnard

I drive what I want, when I want, and where I want within legal limits.
Whether I am a mod or not should not have anything to do with what I drive.

And whether you guys can and do make time to get your Buicks ready for the event, has no bearing upon me and my Buick. It was your choice to do that.

Drive what you want.
Drive where you want.
Drive when you want.

Except when you are a Mod on a Turbo Buick forum, promoting a Turbo Buick Cruise/Event, then you should drive YOUR TURBO BUICK to the event/cruise being promoted that you choose to attend, not a Cad.

What do have against driving your TB to a Turbo Buick event? :confused: