Thinking of doing a cool car show.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Those of us that have been in the Turbo Buick scene for a while, may remember the tech session / car show / BBQ, get togethers we used to have, all the time.

It was kind of a Turbo Buick all star, question and answer, where the new guys could ask questions and learn from all the more experienced guys that had already blown up every part on their car, twice:D. No money was charged and nobody made a buck. Everyone was there for the love of Buicks, and that was it. If someone wanted to bring sodas or food, that was cool too, but no one ever seemed to go hungry.

Here's what I propose.
In the last few weeks, I've asked some of the most respected gurus I know, if they would be a part of it. So far, they all said yes. Here's who I've got.

Turbo Lou (Czarnota)
---------------------
Back when Lou had his big shop, he use to do more of these tech sessions then anyone else. Here's your chance to listen and learn how NOT to blow your engine up. And, he wont even charge you, "this time".

Neal Steward
--------------
Years before the programable chips that we have now, Neal would custom burn chips for your combo. His Brutal 6 chips where one of the most respected chips for the people going fast. He has given lots of his time, helping people (including myself) learn how to tune and how to achieve goals.

Alan Budnik (AKA Budnik wheels)
-------------------------------
Just a cool guy. He's been doing wheels for famous cars for decades. He did the first ever set of alum GN rims on my car. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...eels/320013-first-ever-alum-gn-rims-pics.html Here's your chance to ask him about wheel options, back spaceing, or his custom steering wheels. He'll most likely bring one of his hotrods.

John (owner of J and S gear)
----------------------------
It's his shop that I propose that we have this thing at. He has a large, open bay shop, with lots of room. His all concrete parking lot will hold a few dozen cars with plenty of room left for a BBQ:cool:. John does gears, billet axles, disk brake conversions, drive shafts, upper and lower control arms, springs, pinion angle, and all that stuff that most of us overlook. This stuff will lower your ET more than most think.

Where and when?
Where.
J and S Gear is located on Gothard st. in Huntington Beach. It's between Talbert and Ellis, near Central Park. It's about 5 minutes from the Donut Derelicts car show, for the early birds that want to hit that up first.

When.
First off, were not going to find a time that everyone can go, or that there are NO conflicts. I'm going with April 30th, 10:00ish AM to 3:00ish PM. It's just over six weeks from now, so people can plan. The weekend before this, people will be getting unpacked from the Friday 22nd drags at Fontana, and the weekend before that, many will be getting ready for the drags. The only conflict I've heard on this day is the Seal Beach car show. One could go to both as there only about fifteen minutes apart. Havent decided on what to do for food yet, but Ralph said that he'd help support the cause.:)

There is also the thought of inviting the Cad Vs to this shindig. Not sure what everyone's thoughts are? Mine are that they are a classy bunch of hotroders much like us, who I've injoyed talking tuning ideas with. I'd like to do more cruises and shows with them. However, they may get board at a Turbo Buick tech session?

Side note: Ten years ago, when I first got my Turbo buick, we had get togethers like this many times a year. For what ever reasons, were getting smaller. If we don't do this, we need to do something to keep interest going on these great cars. I humbly ask people to put aside your differences, and support the people that are trying to make this happen.

Thanks and Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I am in .....:biggrin: and I "don't" have a problem with the cads joining us ok Gary :wink:

I'm in, and thanks, Mike, for your support of the Cadillac clan. Looks like a great venue.

Good Idea- Mike

with the apparent demise of Bates car show, a gathering of Buicks would be welcome!
Bates turned into a money making scheme, and we all see what happened.

I don't feel any "one" person should have to fund any portion of this ( Ralph being so generous to offer) if any cost were incurred, (food. location,etc) it would be only fair for participants to offer up some gratuity.

Kinda like the old "dyno days" we had yrs ago!

I'm for it!

Sounds awesome, thanks a ton Mike! Agree with Lee about either kicking in a few bucks or bringing something "potluck" style. Sounds like a great time. I may be in the new V if I have the whole fam. It's prettier than my GN... ;)

Mike, what about incorporating a small swap meet in there too? We used to do that back in KS where we would bring a tub full or trunk full of some parts we were looking to part with and everyone kinda browsed around and bartered, bought and sold. Either that or maybe set up some space on the ground in the shop, or on some tables? Just an idea.

Maybe some "displays" would be cool if space was plentiful. I have owned my GN for many years and never saw a stage motor or any parts from one. I could drag a set of heads or something up there for "show and tell" or comparison. I am sure Neal has some hidden stage goodies, or maybe some super secret squirrel GNX stuff from Lee? Would be neat to see oddball/ rare stuff.

I like where this is going!

swap meet would be good!
include the Cad guys, as they support us too!
besides some of them caddie's are making some serious horse power!
I agree , display some odd parts, I know some of you guys have some
rare /odd parts!

Sounds awesome, thanks a ton Mike! Agree with Lee about either kicking in a few bucks or bringing something "potluck" style. Sounds like a great time. I may be in the new V if I have the whole fam. It's prettier than my GN... ;)

Heck! Bring both.:cool:

All suggestions sound great. I may bring some parts of my own. It would be nice to have laptops set up with Dirrect scan and Powerlogger on display for Q @ A. Brent?:D

Rather than Rafael absorbing any of the cost of any food & / or drinks it might be better to encourage Rafael to just charge a set price & that way it might be better for him and everybody else too. Just a thought.
And thanks to those of you who have supported inviting the Cads along. I am sure that they would enjoy it too.

Mike thanx for all your efforts all the time....

Im in I would love to help out with food I can do steak and chicken tacos or open for suggestions on other food's you guys would like...

If some one wants to help with embroidery I have some ideas for hat's please let me know.

Mike thanx for all your efforts all the time....

Im in I would love to help out with food I can do steak and chicken tacos or open for suggestions on other food's you guys would like...

If some one wants to help with embroidery I have some ideas for hat's please let me know.

Carnitas (pork) soft shell tacos?