Thinking of doing a cool car show.

Drive what you want.
Drive where you want.
Drive when you want.

Except when you are a Mod on a Turbo Buick forum, promoting a Turbo Buick Cruise/Event, then you should drive YOUR TURBO BUICK to the event/cruise being promoted that you choose to attend, not a Cad.

What do have against driving your TB to a Turbo Buick event? :confused:

If you really feel that because I am a mod on TB.Com I should drive my turbo Buick to the event then I suggest that you PM one of the administrators of the forum, because I don't feel that way, and I don't think that the forum in general feels that way.

In general, we have never imposed any restrictions on what turbo Buick people bring to the cruises, and occasionally non-turbo Buick owners have asked if they could attend, and we have always encouraged them in hopes that they buy a turbo Buick one day.

I have nothing against bringing my turbo Buick to a show / cruise. I enjoy it very much, but i also enjoy bringing the Cad. And I don't feel that I should be restricted against driving the Cad nor the turbo Buick. And I also take the turbo Buick to some of the Cad get-togethers that I go to.
But as every other turbo Buick / Cad CTS-V & STS-V owner, I resent being told what I can / can't do. I am sorry that you feel otherwise.

F* it then, I am driving the Diesel Excursion!

Just kidding! Sorry if I opened a can of worms here. I liked the idea of the V for me because I have 3 kids, one of which is in a wheelchair, so the 4 door makes it a little easier on my family (and my back) to get up there, if they all come. If it is just me heading up there, then I may or may not be in the V or the GN (broken bumper fillers and all

Hope this didn't ruffle too many feathers, I think it is a great sounding event either way!

My Buick is more than likey going to be in the paint shop. Am I still allowed to come?

Neal

Like Mike said in the 1st post...

For what ever reasons, were getting smaller. If we don't do this, we need to do something to keep interest going on these great cars.
Gary bring the caddy, i will bring the Street Bike and leave my buick at home ;)

we are getting smaller (as a group), our cars are getting rarer each day. If we keep having cruises and events, where it is not, at least "stressed" that you drive your Turbo Buick, then what's the point?

Giving the TB community 6-8 weeks notice of an event, and expecting them to show up in their Turbo Buick's, is not much too ask. It is a sign of respect to the ones financing, supporting, and producing this event.

I understand cars break down, emergencies happen. However to leave your perfectly good, working Turbo Buick at home so you can impress "the other guys", is ridiculous.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but the last cruise was a mere shadow of the one before that. This event is a great idea and we should do all we can to get EVERY Turbo Buick possible to attend.

Looks to be a great event.

To each his own....

Whoa!

In the past,we have had a few differnet cars attend TB get togethers,
station wagons, corvettes, porsche, I've never heard anyone complain.

I have an idea whats behind this sudden issue about "only buicks"
I have a variety of cars, (turbo buicks, 57 chevy, 71 el camino, 37 chevy)
so that means I can only attend with the buick?
I guess Lou is not welcome? as he doesn't own a buick?

the group asked one person to bring his Supra, sure didn't hear any squawks then!

I for one welcome any and all makes and models.

It's not about the cars. It's all about the people. The cars are a magnet that bring us all together. It's about the friendships and relationships that form from the cars. It's all about the people. The friendships. The relationships. And the remembrance of people gone that were an integral part of the community. I have openly encouraged us forming together with another group of car people because we need the strength in #s. If not now, then down the road. I think that we need to look ahead down the road where there will probably be fewer turbo Buicks, fewer '89 Pontiac Turbo Trans Ams, fewer supercharged Cadillacs, fewer Syclones, & fewer Typhoons in individual groups, but we all have a great opportunity to prevent the dwindling community sizes by combining with other people. That is the reason that I always try and invite the Cadillac CTS-V's & STS-V's. FWIW & IMHO, HTH.

My only point was this:

If you own a working turbo Buick, and you are supporting a turbo Buick event, then is it too much to ask that you drive the Buick vs another car that is non-Buick related to the TB event?

If you don't own one, you can't drive one, I understand.

However, if we all show up in our "Daily Driver's" to a Turbo Buick event, can we still call it a Turbo Buick event???

Should we start doing Pizza Cruise's with an "any car goes" mentality?

I think I'll have to borrow one of Ralph's fleet of Buicks so I don't get black listed. ;) All kidding aside I may actually get my T back in time. I can only hope it will make the drive up there.

Neal

Drive what you want.
Drive where you want.
Drive when you want.

Except when you are a Mod on a Turbo Buick forum, promoting a Turbo Buick Cruise/Event, then you should drive YOUR TURBO BUICK to the event/cruise being promoted that you choose to attend, not a Cad.

What do have against driving your TB to a Turbo Buick event? :confused:

Gary is not promoting this event. I'm promoting it. It's not (or ever was) his call as to if other cars were welcome, or not. Based on the "overwhelming" response to invite Cad-Vs, by everyone but you. "I" decided that they were welcome. If you want to discuss the merrits of this dicision, I ask at this time, that you PM me or the person you wish to discuss it with, and NOT turn this thread into a pissing hole.

Let me state it another way.
In the ten years that I've owned my beloved black brick. I've watched the division, (among other things) that lead to the demise of most all the cool get togethers. So, we can all bitch about what's not perfect with this, and make our shows even smaller. Or, we can focus all the stuff that's good. So far, I think were coming up with some good ideas. A six week lead time, should lead to some well planned out stuff.

Now! Who does good chips and salsa?;)

Mike Barnard

Gary is not promoting this event. I'm promoting it. It's not (or ever was) his call as to if other cars were welcome, or not. Based on the "overwhelming" response to invite Cad-Vs, by everyone but you. "I" decided that they were welcome. If you want to discuss the merrits of this dicision, I ask at this time, that you PM me or the person you wish to discuss it with, and NOT turn this thread into a pissing hole.

In the ten years that I've owned my beloved black brick. I've watched the division, (among other things) that lead to the demise of most all the cool get togethers. So, we can all bitch about what's not perfect with this, and make our shows even smaller. Or, we can focus all the stuff that's good. So far, I think were coming up with some good ideas. A six week lead time, should lead to some well planned out stuff.

Mike Barnard

Testify Brother!!

Neal

mike/ralph let me know how i can help...i know you guys do alot for the buick comunity and if theres any way i can help let me know..gil

power logger station yaaaa. just let me know where to set the laptops at? maybe someone with a big 17" laptop will bring theres so i can use it to show people

I will be there but since I'm in between Buick ownership right now is it OK if I bring my new Chevy I just bought. It has some emblems on it that say ZR1 & supposed to have 638 h.p. I bought it for gas mileage & transportation to the market. I hope to be able to now keep up with the bald headed guy that seems to identify with a chicken.

Now! Who does good chips and salsa?;)

Mike Barnard

Fair enough.

I too am very much looking forward to this event.

I will be there but since I'm in between Buick ownership right now is it OK if I bring my new Chevy I just bought. It has some emblems on it that say ZR1 & supposed to have 638 h.p. I bought it for gas mileage & transportation to the market. I hope to be able to now keep up with the bald headed guy that seems to identify with a chicken.

That would be cool to see it lined up next to a new Cad-V with the same engine. However, upon revue, I think it would only be fair that all the forced induction V8s unplug two sparkplugs.:D

Mike Barnard

I'm in with a gray car. I will see if the GN wants to come along too.

I can help with pictures too. I don't have a video camera though.

Let me know if you need anything else Mike.

Wanna race????:D

Wanna race????:D
No & here are the following reasons
Reason num 1# If I beat you no big deal cause I have two more clys.

Reason num 2 # If I don't beat you I'm an idiot for trying.

Reason num 3# To assure I will beat you I will have to invest in tires, tune, headers etc & basically ruin an expensive car just to prove a point.

Reason Num 4 # Corvettes make lousy drag cars but they do handle, stop well & don't fall apart once a week.

Reason num. 5 # I think I'm starting to sound like Mr. H !