Thinking of doing a cool car show.

What do you need to get the bird ready? :)

Mike B.

Enough to warrant it's own build thread, I promise. I was just disassembling the intake manifold tonight, but before that it was running. The exhaust smells pig rich and has a lot of moisture which I can't identify. High idle on start around 2k rpms, but drops to typical levels after a few minutes, or being thrown into park. After dropping though, the idle doesn't settle well. Also, the turbo needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

I got the car running after an... unorthodox fuel pump change. Don't judge, you'll love how I wrap that up later.

Under the hood everything has rotted, every vacuum line needs to be replaced. I've been working on that but ran out of tube, I'm going to head to Earl's #1 this weekend to see if I can get something workable from them.

Any and all help from the local turbo buick community is greatly welcomed. I'd even trade pro photos for small parts/ tips and such. :D

892688782_Fa4HQ-M.jpg

Other photos here, and here.

Enough to warrant it's own build thread, I promise. I was just disassembling the intake manifold tonight, but before that it was running. The exhaust smells pig rich and has a lot of moisture which I can't identify. High idle on start around 2k rpms, but drops to typical levels after a few minutes, or being thrown into park. After dropping though, the idle doesn't settle well. Also, the turbo needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

I got the car running after an... unorthodox fuel pump change. Don't judge, you'll love how I wrap that up later.

Under the hood everything has rotted, every vacuum line needs to be replaced. I've been working on that but ran out of tube, I'm going to head to Earl's #1 this weekend to see if I can get something workable from them.

Any and all help from the local turbo buick community is greatly welcomed. I'd even trade pro photos for small parts/ tips and such. :D

892688782_Fa4HQ-M.jpg

I have a stock turbo with 86k on it no play. I would be glad to help u get it to the show! PM me.

892688782_Fa4HQ-M.jpg

How does the oil look? How's the compression?

First thing I'd do is pressure wash it. Then replace the vacume lines and bad check valves. At that point, see what the scanmaster is telling you.

Keep us in the loop. It would be cool to see some TTAs at the show.

Mike B.

How does the oil look? How's the compression?

First thing I'd do is pressure wash it. Then replace the vacume lines and bad check valves. At that point, see what the scanmaster is telling you.

Keep us in the loop. It would be cool to see some TTAs at the show.

Mike B.

Pressure wash coming soon, might have to wait for next weekend. The car is still registered as non-op.
Oil looks good and clean.
I haven't tested the compression, I didn't think it showed any signs that it needed that. It's also something I've never done before, so I'm not sure I'll be doing that right.

Vacuum lines will be replaced this weekend, if I can get a handful of check valves at pepboys, I'll replace those at the same time.

I have a Scanmaster but I've put off installing it, I'll make sure that gets done this weekend as well.

Thanks for the positive support Mike, I'll do my best to get the car ready by the end of the month, even if it's only limping.

PaulG, I'll send you a PM soon.

hey mike its rafael "pizza man" i couldent log in so i got another name...

Hey so Food for the "Cool car show"

Hot Hot Tacos carne asada, chicken, and adobada, rice and beans, spicey salas and guacamole also cold and refreshing drinks jamaica and Orchata.....

what do u guys think???????

I think I will need a nap before the drive back down south! Sounds great man!!!

Update about the Lucas products, they called and said they were ready. They are being picked up Monday (thanks Lee!) so we will post up again with what goodies will be there. Thanks to Lucas Oil Products!!!!!

Car show pro photographer

A friend, Julie Bujer Photography, will be at the show to take incredible quality pictures. If you are interested in having some high quality pictures of your car (for a great price) please send me a PM so Julie and I can gauge the interest level.

She also needs a way to match up the car with its owner so she can provide prints. This may entail emailing me your name and your car's license number. This is not a conspiracy, just a practical way to provide some photos.

I await your responses.

John S

A friend, Julie Bujer Photography, will be at the show to take incredible quality pictures. If you are interested in having some high quality pictures of your car (for a great price) please send me a PM so Julie and I can gauge the interest level.

She also needs a way to match up the car with its owner so she can provide prints. This may entail emailing me your name and your car's license number. This is not a conspiracy, just a practical way to provide some photos.

I await your responses.

John S

If you've got your own photographer, I don't want to step on anyone's toes by shooting for free.

A friend, Julie Bujer Photography, will be at the show to take incredible quality pictures.

If you've got your own photographer, I don't want to step on anyone's toes by shooting for free.

I just have one question for the photog's..

Which one of you can photoshop some bumper fillers in on my car? I doubt I will have time to install them before we meet up. :biggrin:

I just have one question for the photog's..

Which one of you can photoshop some bumper fillers in on my car? I doubt I will have time to install them before we meet up. :biggrin:

Bring them with you, we'll see about "digitally installing" them. ;)

I would like to pitch in too ..I was thinking of bringing a few dozen donuts for the morning....