Street outlaws

Hey man nothing love that show no new ones on

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

"Oklahoma City has THE fastest street cars in the Nation." o_O

Really?! That's a bold statement..

I agree. Larry Larson isn't from OKC, and until someone at drag week can beat him, there's no argument for a faster street car than his. He's probably not dumb enough to race the car on public roads though. He drove his car to HPT and was going rounds in comp eliminator and then drove it home! I think he's 70-80 miles from Heartland Park. His car sees more street time than any of those trailered clowns and I'm sure none of them are anywhere near a 6 second pass.

I remember a video done back in the 90's about the fastest street cars in the country. It was called "The Chicago Hit-men". They had some major major players. Those cars would still be ranked today and I don't recall a forced induction engine in the whole vid.
My best friend Lon Williams, still has a Pro Street 71 Nova with a 468 iron block and alum heads. It's topped with mechanical Crower fuel inj stack set up. Twin Fogger NOS, and the big M&H Racemasters. It's an 8 sec car from 1994 on...and drives on the street. Another friend of ours was Jim Kolbrick. He has a 1963 Pontiac Tempest convertible. It runs a 640 Merlin with Big Chief heads. He "toyed" around one day at the track and went 7.99. I would love to drag these cars out of hibernation and get to OKC. We raced on the street and alot. They hooked and hooked good. Don't know why M&H tires never really caught on or progressed much.
Those were fun times.
Oh and the 71 Nova has $22,000 in custom chrome and polished stainless, so it's not a hack job car like a few on the show.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1373939007.183146.jpg

So as much as they tried to hide that the discovery channel basically sets up the races now there were come shots in the episode from last week where you could clearly see the police in the background where they had the roads blocked off.

Top right corner you can see the police car lights not completely blacked out.
0709130127.jpg

Top right corner the red and blue make purple.
0709130128a.jpg

In the center of the strip and directly up to the left are two more cop cars.
0709130130.jpg

Like I said. I'm sure the discovery channel will not film and document illegal racing then air it on tv. Of course it's controlled . If a civilian got hurt who do you think would get sued for more ? The racer or discovery channel?

The show may not be all real, but if u guys are familiar with 1320 videos theres a video call cash days.. They all race there so they do street race for real..

So... I thought I'd chime in being from OKC myself and actually knowing some of these guys from way back when. I'd like to see some guys actually put their cars and money where there mouth is on the net. I think 1/8th mile street racing is a whole lot different from rolling start bs we've seen from street cars.

I'm not a proponent of street racing myself.

Are they the fastest street legal cars in the country? probably not, but are they the fastest that actually street race? that's debatable. I really don't think the top 5 cars on that list are really scared of any Twin turbo GT, ZR1, LSX yada yada, supra, etc. I mean really, the top dog has a 572 proline big block with a very big procharger - how different is that than an outlaw 10.5 car?

I enjoy the show myself - glad someone is having fun with racing cars - and don't think they need to get dogged on the web.

Anyone watch the show tonight see what I mean?

It's nice to see a g-body in the mix. There's no way that gt-r was makin the hp they said it was to lose that bad. That dude Steven from Texas is a punk.

The okc guys came down to
Chicago last month i belive it was n they raced for the show but that what it was a show, there rules, they choosed the cars they were racing against is all BS yet is fun to watch..i dont belive that GTR had 1,500hp... N he drove it there...

I loved last season...this new season has too much acting and staged *hit talking.

And there is NO way that GTR would lose with 1500 hp and all wheel drive...it would have killed that nova no matter what it was running....hell a stock one would prolly run half way up that "list" before anyone on the street could stop it.

Glad we get another season to watch . Fake or not it beats most anything on tv these days

I think the GTR wasn't allowed to win...same reason ull never see a GN on this show...a V6 isn't a muscle car..lol.

I just hope they stop the fake fighting.

I live in oklahoma and I used live in fort worth tx there is a drag strip in okc

You wont see a gn on the show cause gns are not seen around here often and if they are here they a show cars not drag

It reminded me of the street scene here in Dallas 30-35 years ago... A bunch of guys arguing and fighting and not much racing just total BS! And the OKC guys, they expect there rules or they wanna fight. I say if the guys want to prep the lane then so what let 'em. It's street racing there aren't any rules.

All they do is fight and argue instead of putting the cars on the streat and letting them do the talking

I know most of the Texas guys and they all are the same way good guys off the street but ass holes when it comes to there cars and racing