Street outlaws

Pittsburghkid

Displacement Replacement.
Anyone watch this show on discovery channel? It's about street racing in Oklahoma City. Don't worry no rice to find on this show. It's pretty good.

Yes I watched it, it's okay but I'm not sure why they need to street race when they could just go to a track and be safer.

I'm also already tired of Chuck.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

I watched it. How is it street racing when most of them trailer their cars to the race? Might as well go to the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yup... if you're street racing, you drive to the street, race, and drive home. At the last trailer your car somewhere close, and hide the tow rig. But still should be street trim. No gutted interior, full exhaust, etc...

yeah, this is exactly the kind of stuff that they need to be putting on tv to make the lives of car people easier...

but for the few of us who dont have such advantages....???

is there other options? I think street racing can be plenty safe...

there is a time and a place for everything.

I get the impression they are doing legal street racing. There's lots of stuff about "legal street racing" events all over the OKC FarmTruck website.

Sure looks to be sanctioned somehow with all the flood lights and crap.

Exactly as said above I doubt the discovery channel sets multiple camera shots and lighting at an illegal race. I'm sure it's controlled enviorent

In my opinion, it's a hell of a lot better programming than watching people buy abandoned storage units, or a couple of fruits crawling through people's junk all over the country to make a couple bucks. In CT, the closest dragstrip is a minimum 2 hours away. Like it or not, this is how it went down when we were kids, and how it still goes down. :D Although it's probably a controlled environment for the show, I still like it.

Tom

In my opinion, it's a hell of a lot better programming than watching people buy abandoned storage units, or a couple of fruits crawling through people's junk all over the country to make a couple bucks. In CT, the closest dragstrip is a minimum 2 hours away. Like it or not, this is how it went down when we were kids, and how it still goes down. :D Although it's probably a controlled environment for the show, I still like it.

Tom
Yep you are right, I've had my fair share of street racing in my youth. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation