SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

Matt ,you know you cant explain starting line ratio to a child.They would rather see the tires go up in smoke.:biggrin:

Another reason YOU should have made sure to let them know this in advance.

Why did you send him a 96 trans for your 94 car?
UNLESS you did not know there was a difference,Then it may have
been a good idea to bring this up before the build.

Knowing that he was building the trans and shipping it to you without asking about hte year of the car,If you knew they were different years why would you expect it to work without him having this info?

He KNEW we were doind a six speed to auto swap, So he KNEW the trans came out of another car, whether or not he got the info from Combination Motorsports was his responsibility, those two companies were working together. He, by his own admission, had a VERY hard time getting "Tech Sheets" from Combination Motorsports...and again by his own admission, he just started"building whatever they sent down on the pallet" not knowing WHAT they went in. Also he had PLENTY of time to find out...9 months to get it the first time around.

And no I did not know they were different, not many people do.
But guarantee this, I do now.

David

Realisticly in the end Combonation motorsports dropped the ball on the year problem

I doubt it would slow down that much especially when it gets a more favorable 1st gear for a high torque engine.

We did a couple 4L80E swaps about 10 years ago. Every one of them slowed down ATLEAST 2/10. Most got swapped back to '60E's, and I know of atleast one that got sold because the '80E slowed it down so much, and he couldn't accept the fact that he had so much money tied up in the swap. Our 4L60E's will take anything a 4L80E will, and not slow the car down.

Frank
CPT

Chris,
A simple picture of those numbers on the case???? A customers name? Don't post any other pictures, unless they're accompanied by one or the other. I want to make sure the other members on here know that you're full of crap. The numbers would be just in front of the linkage.
We're all waiting.

BTW, I can't understand how you keep claiming something is impossible to do, but yet, we're doing it??? Maybe you're just screwing everything else in the 4L60E up??

Frank
CPT

If you take a 4L60E out and put a turbo 400 in the car, does it slow down? Everyone I have seen does. A 4L80E is a turbo 400 with an overdrive.(essentially)

David

Another reason YOU should have made sure to let them know this in advance.

Why did you send him a 96 trans for your 94 car?
UNLESS you did not know there was a difference,Then it may have
been a good idea to bring this up before the build.

Knowing that he was building the trans and shipping it to you without asking about hte year of the car,If you knew they were different years why would you expect it to work without him having this info?

You failed to answer my question, you would do a stock rebuild on a turbo 350 and send it out to go in a big block blower car....and warranty it? You don't call the customer for application info, or you say there is no need to. Would you warranty it?

I am HIRING you for a service, PAYING you for what you know. You should ask ME. Or TELL me what I need based on the questions YOU ask.

I am done beating my head on this hard wall, no one takes responsibility anymore, You are the business, I am the customer AKA revenue. You are in a "specialty" business I am paying you for what YOU know...not for what I am SUPPOSED to know.

David

Matt ,you know you cant explain starting line ratio to a child.They would rather see the tires go up in smoke.:biggrin:

I've spent more time at a dragstrip than you have lies. Tires up in smoke, eh? How about a stock internal LS1 pulling 1.44 60 ft. times, and running 11.47 with one of our 4L60E's??? We have supercharged cars 60'ing in the high 1.3's. Not alot of "smoke" there.

Frank
CPT

Chris,
A simple picture of those numbers on the case???? A customers name? Don't post any other pictures, unless they're accompanied by one or the other. I want to make sure the other members on here know that you're full of crap. The numbers would be just in front of the linkage.
We're all waiting.

BTW, I can't understand how you keep claiming something is impossible to do, but yet, we're doing it??? Maybe you're just screwing everything else in the 4L60E up??

Frank
CPT

I would like to see this also. :D

If you take a 4L60E out and put a turbo 400 in the car, does it slow down? Everyone I have seen does. A 4L80E is a turbo 400 with an overdrive.(essentially)

David

It will usually 60 ft. worse, unless you put a t-brake in the 400. The 400 also uses more HP to turn, than a 4L60E...but...not near as much as a 4L80E.
I can tell you that we've had customers swap from a TH400 to a 700 and ran quicker and faster.

Frank
CPT

You failed to answer my question, you would do a stock rebuild on a turbo 350 and send it out to go in a big block blower car....and warranty it? You don't call the customer for application info, or you say there is no need to. Would you warranty it?

I am HIRING you for a service, PAYING you for what you know. You should ask ME. Or TELL me what I need based on the questions YOU ask.

I am done beating my head on this hard wall, no one takes responsibility anymore, You are the business, I am the customer AKA revenue. You are in a "specialty" business I am paying you for what YOU know...not for what I am SUPPOSED to know.

David
No i wouldnt,But were not arguing over the HP capabilty of a transmission,But the actual application by year core supplied.
You said you didnt know there was a difference in model years,I still stand by the fact that i rebuild the core supplied to me.The real bitch is this is only of only a few that model year is a problem when dealing with GM RWD trannys

One other lesson learned here,Is dont deal with a middle man when having a tranny built,This entire problem MOST LIKELY
would not have happened if you dealt with SR7 direct

It will usually 60 ft. worse, unless you put a t-brake in the 400. The 400 also uses more HP to turn, than a 4L60E...but...not near as much as a 4L80E.
I can tell you that we've had customers swap from a TH400 to a 700 and ran quicker and faster.

Frank
CPT

I can definetly see that,But in a low 9 sec Turbo car launching off a Tbrake the reliablity would not be there with a 700 series trans

I can definetly see that,But in a low 9 sec Turbo car launching off a Tbrake the reliablity would not be there with a 700 series trans

Yes, in a dedicated drag car, a 400 is certainly a better choice for reliability. We have them in the mid 8's that have ran for 5 seasons, without issues.

Frank
CPT

No i wouldnt,But were not arguing over the HP capabilty of a transmission,But the actual application by year core supplied.
You said you didnt know there was a difference in model years,I still stand by the fact that i rebuild the core supplied to me.The real bitch is this is only of only a few that model year is a problem when dealing with GM RWD trannys

One other lesson learned here,Is dont deal with a middle man when having a tranny built,This entire problem MOST LIKELY
would not have happened if you dealt with SR7 direct

After getting the runaround for Combination Motorsports for months, the old man did some digging and found out SR7 was building the transmissions, he started dealing with him(Scott) Talked to him on a weekly basis for months.

It is close to over now, trans is on it's way back...even if it is messed up I will be happy just to have it back(sometimes I think businesses want it this way)

David

And for the record, tire spinning problems are suspension related. How in the HELL could it be trans gear ratio related:confused:

I have seen 4L60E equipped F Bodies leave on the BUMPER, manymany times! Know a guy named Ed Wright?

David

I've spent more time at a dragstrip than you have lies. Tires up in smoke, eh? How about a stock internal LS1 pulling 1.44 60 ft. times, and running 11.47 with one of our 4L60E's??? We have supercharged cars 60'ing in the high 1.3's. Not alot of "smoke" there.

Frank
CPT

And he is on a DRAG RADIAL:eek:

David

im talking about 9 second runs.not an 11.49.once again your avoiding the questions.the answer is the trans does not have the capability of 9 second runs for long .maybe a guy that goes once a month to the track and makes 1 pass and goes home.it certainly didnt last in this ls1 car long.enough of this kiddie play,631 218 1989.id love to hear your voice.

Chris,
You're an f***ing liar. You don't have one of my transmissions there. You're trying to purposely mislead these people, because you know you're a fraud.
We have 9 second cars that get beat on at the track a couple times a month, and get driven hard on the street. We had one come in for a freshen up, after 13 months, because the motor was out of the car (blew a head gasket). EVERYTHING in the transmission looked like brand new!...Including the Z-Pak, which was reuseable. So, yes, it can be done, they can be built to handle the 9's for over a year...It's just that YOU can't get it done.

Frank
CPT

Chris,
Got those numbers off that transmission yet, liar?

Frank
CPT