SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

Its just your upper lip;)

Chris knows what he is talking about....

And CPT is the real Art Carr,anyone who names there buisness CPT is trying to capture some of AC's name recognition,nothing else IMO

I don't know why anyone would try to "capture" any of Art Carr's recognition...he went under did he not? Then opened up another shop under a different name.

When I was messing around with 5.0 Mustangs there was a standing joke about Art Carr C-4's, you needed 3 of them, one in the car, one in the trailer and one at Art Carr's place being rebuilt.

David

Nope,tough man anywhere;)

Do any of these vendors owe you anything?Ever buy a trans from Chris?I have and im happy with it....

Also,alot of the parts that people put in there 2004r's are made by Chris.

If Chris is such a stand up person mr. tough man why doesn't he come forward with this info?? I guess it makes him feel better running another person's name through the mud.

Thankfully i've never purchased anything from chris & the way he represents himself insures i never will!

I don't know why anyone would try to "capture" any of Art Carr's recognition...he went under did he not? Then opened up another shop under a different name.

When I was messing around with 5.0 Mustangs there was a standing joke about Art Carr C-4's, you needed 3 of them, one in the car, one in the trailer and one at Art Carr's place being rebuilt.

David

Was this the "real" Art Carr or the shop that goes by that name in Abilene, TX?

If Chris is such a stand up person mr. tough man why doesn't he come forward with this info??

He said he would when he gets the trans out. There is usually an order that customers come in, Chris can't drop what else he has going on to remove a trans for an internet **** slinging contest.
I wouldn't expect anybody here who runs a shop to do that.
It ties up a bay, you have an extra trans floating around until you get to it, and other customers waiting.

He said he would when he gets the trans out. There is usually an order that customers come in, Chris can't drop what else he has going on to remove a trans for an internet **** slinging contest.
I wouldn't expect anybody here who runs a shop to do that.
It ties up a bay, you have an extra trans floating around until you get to it, and other customers waiting.

I don't think he has to remove the trans to provide this mystery customers name unless the work order & customers info is hidden in the trans?? Maybe if we just stall awhile this will all go away? :confused:

You must not have been under some of these cars lately. An LS1 Camaro or Vette doesn't have much space to take pics of numbers on the side of the case.

Plus it would have to be put on a lift, that in a busy shop would be occupied by other cars.

Give it time. Everybody knows it isn't going away.

Also,
A scenario for you.
This customer may not want to slander Frank, maybe they know each other, business deals, etc. Who knows.
So Chris may not be able to post a "customer name" and I would hope he wouldn't without permission.
If the trans has numbers on the side that are specific to Frank, I'm sure Chris could post that. That doesn't tell the rest of us who the customer is, and Frank could decipher it.

However,
Numbers on the side of the trans, or even a customers name don't mean jack to most of us. Because we can't verify it either way and would be relying on Frank's word.
So it would still be a Frank's word against Chris's even if pics and/or a name were posted.

Very good points you make there. Hopefully this will all work out & Chris can clear up this "liar" image that has been cast on him.

Well after reading an e-mail i just recieved from CK Performance i would like to publicly apologize for coming across like the "Judge & Jury" against him. Hopefully future communication will be "looking into each other's eye's" & not hiding behind a "secure internet connection".

It was stated that there are 3 cars in front of the CPT (frank) transmission & pic's will come after he let's frank sweat it out & learn a lesson. This seems to be an ongoing thing?

Good luck & god bless you all.

Hmm...I'm still calling him a liar. You don't have to pull the trans to get the numbers. Chris, do you need to find someone who can count?

As for "who's lying?" Ask any other of my customers if their transmissions are numbered. If I built it, it's got a stamp.

Frank
CPT

The old man Art Carr, THE Art Carr. He went belly up and opened up another shop under another name. The new shops name is California Performance Transmissions.

SEE HERE>>>>>>>>>>> Who We Are

David
OK,
Just wanted to be sure because there is alot of confusion out there about "Art Carr". Art Carr sold his origin al company and rights to the name to the company in Abilene. You are correct he runs a shop in Huntington Beach now.
I'm surprised to hear that about the C4's.

I've heard mostly good things about the real Art Carr and a mixture of both about the place in Abilene.

David

:)

Very good points you make there. Hopefully this will all work out & Chris can clear up this "liar" image that has been cast on him.

I don't know how you are able to twist Chris into having a 'liar image' by one thread on the internet. Sounds like jumping to conclusions to me. I'm not saying that Frank isn't a 'seasoned' builder that doesn't know his stuff as it seems he is quite knowlegable. As for Chris he has authored a book on the 200 4R. You might want to check it out if you're curious about the subject.

I for one would like Frank to share but it is his perogative not to. Most if not all who read it will not rebuild their own. Surely we could all learn. As stated this is a very informative transmission forum. Chris, jakeshoe, bison, ottoj and others contribute quite a bit of information. I actually ran a 700 R4 in my TR for quite sometime before the HG incident sidelined me.

As for Art Carr the original guy with the shop in CA. He built some pretty good 200 4R stuff back in the day. Most notably were his 9" nonlockup convertors and his shift kits. He sold his business and retired for a time. The buyer still uses the name and reputation to this day. This may be the place that was less than reliable when it came to the C4 Ford trans you speak of. Art's new business venture is California Performance Transmissions Art Carr/California Performance Tranmission as previously stated. I went to his shop back in the late eighties on a and he was very nice and gave us a tour. He used to do q&a at Bowling Green too. I thought him to be quite knowlegable.

I don't expect Frank to share his secrets, but some explanation would be nice. I'm here to learn and this did get way off topic.

How 'bout it guys. Nice civil learning atmosphere. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. Help me out here.

Rich

Hmm...I'm still calling him a liar. You don't have to pull the trans to get the numbers. Chris, do you need to find someone who can count?

As for "who's lying?" Ask any other of my customers if their transmissions are numbered. If I built it, it's got a stamp.

Frank
CPT

That is how he is getting a "liar image" in this thread. Someone is calling him a liar. But it was never me.

Unfortunately I have dealt with Mr. SR7

I had Mr Seven (SR7) build me a 4L60 tranny back when he was in Vegas for my Drag racer. I get it to the track and my first run the tranny compleatly fell apart and it was embarrassing to say the least. There went my summer racing. I called SR7 and Scott said it was my fault and wouldn't honor the warranty. I brought it down to his shop and the jerk said I had somebody else work on it so get out of his shop. I did no such thing. That was just a plain lie. I have heard nothing good about the guy or his trannies except from of course anyone at SR7. :eek: I heard Mr Seven left Vegas in a real hurry because of so many disgruntled customers. Im amazed the guy is still selling trannies. I can't say this is true but one guy out at the Vegas speedway said SR7 just dumps gears and parts into his tranny cases and bolts them up and then paints them real nice. The guy was not happy at all and I just told him I had a bad experience with SR7 and just go somewhere else that has a good reputation like B&M, or Bowtie.

Dealing with SR7 was a really bad experience for me. The owner is a loud mouth jerk and does amateur work. I would highly recommend staying as far away as possible.
I bought a Bowtie after that and have had no problems with them or their trannies.

Luke J

(From another post) SCOTT, THIS ALL COMES DOWN TO DOING WHAT YOU SAY. IN A BUSINESS,THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. BEING HONEST WITH THE CUSTOMER. YOU WERE NOT HONEST WITH ME.

Thats what it all comes down to... Honesty, of which Scott Seven has none. The guy might as well be a used car salesman at a shady lot.

I had Mr Seven (SR7) build me a 4L60 tranny back when he was in Vegas for my Drag racer. I get it to the track and my first run the tranny compleatly fell apart and it was embarrassing to say the least. There went my summer racing. I called SR7 and Scott said it was my fault and wouldn't honor the warranty. I brought it down to his shop and the jerk said I had somebody else work on it so get out of his shop. I did no such thing. That was just a plain lie. I have heard nothing good about the guy or his trannies except from of course anyone at SR7. :eek: I heard Mr Seven left Vegas in a real hurry because of so many disgruntled customers. Im amazed the guy is still selling trannies. I can't say this is true but one guy out at the Vegas speedway said SR7 just dumps gears and parts into his tranny cases and bolts them up and then paints them real nice. The guy was not happy at all and I just told him I had a bad experience with SR7 and just go somewhere else that has a good reputation like B&M, or Bowtie.

Dealing with SR7 was a really bad experience for me. The owner is a loud mouth jerk and does amateur work. I would highly recommend staying as far away as possible.
I bought a Bowtie after that and have had no problems with them or their trannies.

Luke J

Luke.

I KNEW I was not alone....sorry you got bit by him also. He spews so much crap he can't seperate truth from bullsh!t.

He has gotten so used to lies, he himself believes them...AS HE IS SAYING THEM!

Everthing I said in this postis the absolute truth.

I would not be suprised if he sent me a junk transmission....if he did I will send it to Frank @ CPT...which is what I should have done in the first place.

And for you trans builders in here.... A 93 model F body, does it come with a TV cable?

David