SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

SR7 Performance

Well,if one is to complain,I'm taking the option to reply.

Back 3-4 years ago I built a transmission that was sent to me,a 4L60E, ( a 96)I dealt with his dad,now that the transmission has been installed into a "94",I get a phone call,with the son saying it won't work,to make a long story short,it won't,the electronics are different from a "94" to a "96", at his option he( without mentioning names decides to send it to me,I told him I would have to teardown a "93-94" case,clean and prep it,and replace what ever pieces and parts neccessary to give him something that will work
1. tear-down and clean and prep a case
2. shift kit the valve body
3. change any or all electronics that are required
4. change the valve body plate.
5. And replace any parts that have been damaged by driving the vehicle.
6. switch everything from one trans to another
7. Change everything from a "96" to a "93-94"
8. And pull everything apart from the transmission sent in to make sure nothing is overlooked and how much time actually put on it.

His bill came to $ 565.27
$ 340.27 in parts
$225.00 in labor
I have 2 web-sites,
You can see the pride I take in my work and my product
I have been manufacturing parts for the 700,4L60E,since 1999,that I have designed to handle high horsepower,been doing this for 27 years,and have came from a good background ( Art Carr)
I have my customers fill out the tech sheet,so it is in their own words,which I go over it with them once completed.
He completed his ,once the trans was back on the palet
Now it has a 108 lobe center motor,and the trans is vacumm modulated
Now I have to pull it back off and put a forced motor back in it,so once it goes to a tuner,he can dial it in better

And basically cause he is getting a new transmission, he gets a 1 year warranty ( which is also on my site )

Not too bad for ordering the wrong transmission,3-4 years later,and a small bill.
And what did I get for all this,trashed talked during the time,trashed talked when done,and now trashed talked via web
And for the record,once you started swearing,calling me names,and being verbally abusive over the phone,I'm off the phone till you can conduct yourself in a professional or kindly manner whether we agree or not.

And he is mad,and says it is all my fault,and he ( after 3-4 years) is going to a car show,and is blaming me if he does not make it,and I should be doing all this for free!
After I'm done

And not to make excuses for myself( I'm the only one who builds the product)I did not meet the time frame he was looking for ( 3-4 day turn around )
But then again i did not know that both my grandparents would pass away one week from one another,so yea,it slowed me up a little.

But feel free to ask any of the other independant transmission guys who I know or don't, their opinion, but I don't feel this person was treated unfairly

Sincerely,
Scott ( SR7 Performance )

Scott,

First let me say, "Fair enough." in regards to your explanation. I only posted this in the first place to get a feel for whether or not this was even worth my buddy pursuing. Never having dealt with SR7 before, neither of us had any way to know if you were a "stand up" sort of person. I told him that he screwed up by cursing at you on the phone. He's sorry for that. He let his frustration get the better of him.

His primary problem with you was the fact that you said you'd "take care of it" (no labor charges) when he initially contacted you. Then, the bill includes labor charges. Then it took a month to get it ready when you told him 3-4 days turnaround. Your grandparents passing is certainly an understandable setback. Communicating that in some fashion would've helped.

As for the tech sheets, if you didn't get one from Combination MotorSports (now defunct) don't you think you should've contacted the customer to see what the specs should be?

I don't want to waste the board's time and bandwidth with an argument (I don't even "have a dog in this fight"). I feel like you'll send him the proper transmission and back it. He was concerned that since you two got "cross-theaded" that you might send him a junk tranny in retaliation.

If it were me, I'd probably just pay you and get it back. I'll send this link to my buddy and let him reply from here on if he chooses. It'd be better, though, if y'all talked, IM'd or e-mailed privately.

Scott,

I purchased this transmission through the now defunct Combination Motorsports. The company that you did sublet work for(built their advertised transmission) CM either never got a "tech sheet" to you (by your own admission there were MANY problems with CM getting you correct trans info) or we were never asked to fill out one. Either way it was YOUR responsibility to get correct trans info for the trans you were building and having to warranty. I Initially paid $1900 for this transmission.

Yes the trans sat in my house for 2+ years, when I got the car running I had problems with it. I called you in the first part of June for advice as to what was happening. You advised me to get it put on a "safer shifter" which I did at a $100 cost to confirm there was no problem with my wiring(6 speed to auto conversion) there was no problem with the wiring. The trans only had 2 gears and lockup. I did as you requested to pull the pan and take pics and email them to you, the car had 90 miles on it(to break it in and to drive to trans shops for diagnosis)

At this point we talk on the phone and I quote you"Send the trans to me and I will take care of it" I asked you specifically at that time if any costs would be incurred. Again I quote you" just send it to me I will swap out the stuff to make it work in your car"I ask what kind of time frame we talking about here. I quote" 2 to 3 day turnaround max".

So I put it on a pallet and ship it to you $159 It left me on 6-21. I call you on the 28th and 29th, no answer. I left a message. I call on 7-1 on your cell number, you tell me the trans has not arrived and that you are out of town, helping a buddy paint, and that the trans is being sent to your house(?) and that your neighbor will sign for it and call you when it arrives. I call the ferightlines and they said it arrived on 6-25 and some guy(I assume your neighbor) signed for it.

So I call you on 7-6 expecting the trans to be ready, you tell me it will be done next week and will ship on the 12th, already the 2-3 day max turnaround has long since past. I call you on the 12th, you tell me you are waiting on parts, I had already sent you pics of the valvebody, so you knew what parts you needed there, they should have already been coming. The clutches and band you should have stocked(after all you ARE a high performance trans shop)

I call you two days later, 7-14, no answer, 7-15(or there abouts) you tell me your grandfather has died, If you would have done what you had originally had told me(3 day turnaround) it would have been a mute point the trans would have been on its way back.

Feeling I little uneasy about what has transpired so far in this deal, 2 weeks in I ask you SPECIFICALLY would there be any cost to me(since you had said when specifically when asked before"I will take care of it") you said and I quote" well you MAY have to part for a band or a clutch if needed" I asked this question a week later and got the exact same answer, "no more than $200" No mention of labor was ever made.

I call on 7-20, I get told the trans will ship on 7-23, Your assistant on 7-23 and she says it is on a pallet and will leave at 4 oclock that day. I call on 7-24 and talk to you saying I need to pay you for shipping and the $200(if it was that much) and I quote" uhhh that was not your transmission, yours will ship Thursday 7-26. I call on 7-26 and talk to you. You state it is on the pallet ready to go..BUT we need to fill out a "tech sheet"( an info sheet with the car info on it) Logic tells me you get this info BEFORE you build the trans, not after it is built, sitting on a pallet ready to ship. ESPECIALLY after you had told me how critical it was to have and that Combination Motorsports had a BIG problem getting them to you.

I tell you what the car has(a BIG cam), now this trans has line pressure vacuum modulated(ecm does not have control of line pressure, the modulator does) You tell me the vacuum modulator will not work with the big cam, there is not enough vacuum, and that you have to take the trans BACK off the pallet and change it.

Now my understanding is a vacuum modulated trans shifters HARDER under low vacuum, not softer, by what you told me a vacuum modulated trans will shift SOFTER under low vacuum, what happens when the throttle is wide open and there is NO vacuum? The clutchs burn up? That is the WHOLE point of that mod in the first place for higher line pressure under low vacuum situations. Just like EVERY other vacumm modulated trans on the planet.

So I agree. (At this point I just want the trans back)I call you on Friday 7-27. You fax me a bill for $565.27....You are correct I did loose my cool, and I apologize for that.

But after being mis directed SOOOO many times as to:
The status of the trans
WHEN the trans would ship
Frustration over trying to get SOMEONE the on the phone
The final bill

I dont know ANYONE who would not have been VERY unhappy about the way this was handled.

As far as me "blaming" you for the time crunch for Cruising the Coast, I expressed FIRMLY the need to have this trans back in a timely manner..I still need to get the car tuned..and you assured me a 2-3 day turnaround max. And it turned into a month.

I was a dealership technician for 12 years, I have seen MANY MANY times a trans tech pull a trans, rebuild and be driving it by lunch. So I know what it entails.

You could have used the same case, 94-97 F body case is EXACTLY the same, the valvebody, seperator plate, wiring harness and solenoids were to be "swapped out" as they were new, by what you told me.

I sent you an e mail, let me know what you want to do.

Please respond through e mail from this point forward.

David Driver

I was a dealership technician for 12 years, I have seen MANY MANY times a trans tech pull a trans, rebuild and be driving it by lunch. So I know what it entails.

I'm not going to get involved in the argument here but I will say one thing as a former GM dealer tech myself.

Those guys (as most know) are paid on book time and the faster the job is done, the more they make. GM is screwing them on warranty work anyway.
Most dealership trans guys can't build a performance or custom trans to save their life and yes they can slam a new set of clutches in a unit in a few hrs but they can't do a proper R&R and total rebuild in 4 hours.
I did a low mileage GN 200-4R yesterday. I worked on it from about 2 p.m. until 5 a.m. this morning. 15 hours to do a R&R, complete rebuild, install valve body kit and transbrake.
I'm not the fastest guy and I don't rush my trans builds. I could have save about 2 hours if I had a parts washing cabinet, and another hour or so if I wasn't doing a valve body kit, transbrake install.
It would be a minimum 10 hours job to do right in any case IMO. That is a full workday.

Yeah, I could slam it together, not check band clearances, clutch clearances, not replace bushings, leave the endplay as is, etc, but that isn't a $1900 transmission and not what I would call a rebuild. That is a "clutch slam".

I'm not going to get involved in the argument here but I will say one thing as a former GM dealer tech myself.

Those guys (as most know) are paid on book time and the faster the job is done, the more they make. GM is screwing them on warranty work anyway.
Most dealership trans guys can't build a performance or custom trans to save their life and yes they can slam a new set of clutches in a unit in a few hrs but they can't do a proper R&R and total rebuild in 4 hours.
I did a low mileage GN 200-4R yesterday. I worked on it from about 2 p.m. until 5 a.m. this morning. 15 hours to do a R&R, complete rebuild, install valve body kit and transbrake.
I'm not the fastest guy and I don't rush my trans builds. I could have save about 2 hours if I had a parts washing cabinet, and another hour or so if I wasn't doing a valve body kit, transbrake install.
It would be a minimum 10 hours job to do right in any case IMO. That is a full workday.

Yeah, I could slam it together, not check band clearances, clutch clearances, not replace bushings, leave the endplay as is, etc, but that isn't a $1900 transmission and not what I would call a rebuild. That is a "clutch slam".

I said that because it does not take 30 days+ to build a trans, he quoted me a 3-4 day turnaround, NOT a 30-40 day turnaround. And I have seen a tech do a COMPLETE build in an 8 hr day.

And 10 hrs is about right for one of these "types" of transmissions. The trans already had all the "hop up" parts in it.

Thanks for your input Jake

David

Ugh

I joined this site years ago,when I was at Bruce's house ( PTS Extreme),but I'm not comming on here to argue with anyone.

Dave, I told you i would take care of it,I did not say free,
1. I have to inspect the unit you have had for 3 years or more ( which is over the 1 year warranty,which is my discresion) which you drove,and change out the parts damaged
2. Change the parts necessary to give you what you should have had
3.and charge a labor rate that is fair.
4. i wouldn't know what parts or labor rate to charge until i'm done
5. You were concerned about having to pay for a new trans,but your not,but your getting a new trans in return
6. I was sent a 96 up core to begin with
7. i dealt with your dad not you
8. If i was told you had a 94 car with a 94 computer and wire harness,you would have never recieved a 96 on up,which is different
9.Some of the parts are not interchangeable
10. Going from a PWM unit to non PWM unit
11. I don't believe in missmatching parts ( I'm anal about that )
12. Especially whan shipping across the states
13.I wish you would ask me questions,instead you argue with me and question me about my trade i consider I'm a professional in.
14. Example: A modulated Trans does not operate well with a motor with no vaccum,that is why the 3-speed trans would have a manual V.B in it,the 4-speed is no different,soft on light throttle ( won't even feel shift points with a big converter),shifts a little firmer on full throttle,BUT THE TRANS WILL NOT LAST. Your comment about modulated transmissions is in correct.
15.I'm real busy with other customers too,and you will be answered. But don't call me 6 times in one day ( everyday)and vent,
16. I had not 1 but 2 deaths in my family this month,been a rough month
17. But out of respect i would appreciate a little considersation,and i don't feel like dealing with insensitive people right now,hope you understand.
18. I don't slam anything together,and i don't claim to be fast,i like being thorough,and take pride in my work.
19. All my work is referral and internet
20. My last statement, i dont tell you how to do your job nor question you,but your not a transmision tech,and you need to leave that to the professionals to guide you,not argue with them,and question them,it is insulting.
21. And when dealing with automotive anything,we are all waiting on something or somebody,sometimes it is worth sacrificing the time more than the quality

Dave, I told you i would take care of it,I did not say free

YOU DIDNT SAY THERE WOULD BE A CHARGE EITHER, EVEN AFTER I ASKED

1. I have to inspect the unit you have had for 3 years or more ( which is over the 1 year warranty,which is my discresion) which you drove,and change out the parts damaged
2. Change the parts necessary to give you what you should have had
3.and charge a labor rate that is fair.
4. i wouldn't know what parts or labor rate to charge until i'm done

THE TRANS WAS IN MY HOUSE DURING THAT TIME. I DROVE IT 90 MILES, MOST OF IT TO GET A SAFER SHIFTER PUT ON IT AT YOUR REQUEST.

LABOR WAS NEVER ONCE DISCUSSED, YOU STATED YOU WOULD SWAP OUT WHAT WAS NEEDED AFTER 2 WEEKS I SAW A PROBLEM, I ASKED YOU IF I WOULD INCUR ANY CHARGES, I ASKED YOU THIS 2 TIMES AND 2 TIMES ON 2 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS, YOU SAID"YOU MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR A BAND OR A CLUTCH." I STILL HAD TO ASK AGAIN HOW MUCH. YOU STATED IT WOULD BE $200 MAX

5. You were concerned about having to pay for a new trans,but your not,but your getting a new trans in return

THIS WAS NEVER SAID, WHY WOULD IT BE? YOU SAID YOU WOULD"TAKE CARE OF IT"

6. I was sent a 96 up core to begin with
7. i dealt with your dad not you
8. If i was told you had a 94 car with a 94 computer and wire harness,you would have never recieved a 96 on up,which is different
9.Some of the parts are not interchangeable
10. Going from a PWM unit to non PWM unit
11. I don't believe in missmatching parts ( I'm anal about that )
12. Especially whan shipping across the states
13.I wish you would ask me questions,instead you argue with me and question me about my trade i consider I'm a professional in.

IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMERS RESPONSIBILITY TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO AS THE CUSTOMER. YOU WERE HIRED TO DO A SERVICE. YOU HAD NO IDEA WHERE THAT TRANS CAME FROM. COULD CAME OUT OF A JUNKYARD FOR ALL YOU KNEW...IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE SURE THE APPLICATION IS CORRECT. AFTER ALL YOU WARRANTY IT.

'm real busy with other customers too,and you will be answered. But don't call me 6 times in one day ( everyday)and vent,
16. I had not 1 but 2 deaths in my family this month,been a rough month
17. But out of respect i would appreciate a little considersation,and i don't feel like dealing with insensitive people right now,hope you understand.

I AM A CONSIDERATE PERSON, YOU HAD MY TRANS 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR GRANDPARENTS DIED. IF YOU WOULD HAVE HELD UP YOUR END OF THE DEAL, 3 DAY TURNAROUND AS YOU TOLD ME, THIS WOULD NOT EVEN BE A POINT.

SCOTT YOU DO NOT CONDUCT YOUR BUSINESS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. TELLING A CUSTOMER THAT HIS $1900 TRANS(THAT WAS PAID FOR ALONG TIME AGO) IS GOING TO SHIP OVER AND OVER AND OVER, AND THEN IT NOT HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AND OVER, YOU NOT ANSWERING THE PHONE, OR PROVIDING CALL BACKS......A CUSTOMER MIGHT WOULD COME A LITTLE IRATE AND CONCERNED...DON'T YA THINK?

AND I AM, A LITTLE IRATE. AND IN CASE YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN, ONE IRATE CUSTOMER DOES ALOT MORE DAMAGE THAN 50 HAPPY CUSTOMERS.

SCOTT, THIS ALL COMES DOWN TO DOING WHAT YOU SAY. IN A BUSINESS,THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. BEING HONEST WITH THE CUSTOMER. YOU WERE NOT HONEST WITH ME.

MAKE IT RIGHT, I AGREE TO PAY THE $200 MAX I WAS QUOTED, PAY THE SHIPPING AND HAVE A 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON THE TRANS. AND IF YOU DO AGREE TO THIS I WANT IT IN WRITING BEFORE I SEND THE $200

David

I know neither side here,
But as i have been in this business 20+ years I gotta say
If someone sent me a tranny to rebuild,This is the tranny i rebuild.
I dont think it his his job to ask you if its going into a 94 or not.
It would be YOUR job to give to him the year the vehicle is and ask
if putting it this core would be a problem or not.

He would be building a core YOU supplied to him
How would he know this is not the original unit from the car?
(Again,I would beleive the core you sent to be the unit from the car unless stated otherwise)
This is info YOU need to supply to him.

I don't know either party, and I haven't done tons of overhauls, but I try to rebuild the trans that comes to me. Yes, parts wear out or break, and that's when judgment comes in.

Changing a valvebody can be benign in some transmissions, but critical in others. And not replacing a torque converter is asking for grief, especially with lockup clutches you can't see.

And haste tends to make disasters. Yes, speed gets better with experience (and the proper tools), but breakneck speed overhauls leads to something being missed.

I do not know any party here & have also been in the automotive buisness for 20+ years & find this to be an Interesting post. I have to give SR7 Performance a thumbs up for doing ANYTHING with this transmission.

Several years out of a 1 year warranty that he was SUBCONTRACTED to build, was the warranty with Combination Motorsports?

Several years to install a transmission???? is OK but 30 days to correct this mess is not????? What am i missing here???

The $565.27 quote with a 1 year warranty looks like a very fair deal. Good luck in dealing with this "IRATE CUSTOMER" for the next year.

Keep up the good work and GREAT customer service SR7 Performance. You may have lost 1 "IRATE" subcontracted customer but you just found 1 new Retail customer. :)

If it didn't matter which trans he built, why did he tell me on the phone he had problems from combination motorsports getting tech sheets so he could make sure his application was correct?

Then why did he NEED a tech sheet filled out? AFTER the trans was done sitting on a pallet ready to ship? Should have been done when it hit the ground out there. Dont ya think?

Here is the deal guys, Scott was not truthful about what he told me. I have a BIG problem with that. Why has everyone become so lax on what a man tells him he will do? Has that become the norm? You guys just pay the bill when ever it gets done and be happy to get it back? Even when you were told something TOTALLY different over the phone? It must be because this is the way he and many others operates these days.

When the trans was purchased initially it took NINE MONTHS to get it.

If you are in business, the utmost, number one thing is being truthful with the customer and doing what you say you will do. Scott did not. That is the point you guys are missing. It is the principal of it. Too many times on the phone I was not told the truth.

The trans was $1900, the repairs were $566, he can either send me my trans for the agreed over the phone $200+$150 shipping. Or deal with an irate customer over the net, by word of mouth or whatever else I deam necessary. In the end it will cost him considerably more that the trans he has. I do not care now about the warranty on the trans. If I get it back I will not contact Scott again.

This is not a good way to do business, it really amazes me businesses stay open operating like this.

David

I do not know any party here & have also been in the automotive buisness for 20+ years & find this to be an Interesting post. I have to give SR7 Performance a thumbs up for doing ANYTHING with this transmission.

Several years out of a 1 year warranty that he was SUBCONTRACTED to build, was the warranty with Combination Motorsports?

Several years to install a transmission???? is OK but 30 days to correct this mess is not????? What am i missing here???

The $565.27 quote with a 1 year warranty looks like a very fair deal. Good luck in dealing with this "IRATE CUSTOMER" for the next year.

Keep up the good work and GREAT customer service SR7 Performance. You may have lost 1 "IRATE" subcontracted customer but you just found 1 new Retail customer. :)

You may need to read this again, 2 years to finish the car after it was purchased.

30 days, AFTER he told me numerous times over the phone it would be a 2-3 day turnaround with no problems. THEN it turns into 30 days and alot of excuses and B.S. and a bill almost 3 times initially quoted.

I have no desire to contact Scott again if I get the trans back(he still has it) I will not go through this again. SO forget about the year warranty.

You only think you lose ONE customer over something like this? Think again. As a business owner you should know this.

David

Well after reading it again & again the only problem i can see here is how you & Combination Motorsports dropped the ball when ordering this transmission & providing the correct core.

Why aren't you going after Combination Motorsports for this? Did you pay them for this transmission? I would think your gripe should be with them & there gripe would be with SP7 Performance as they were there subcontractor..... not yours. That's how the cash flowed & so should the liability.

The BOTTOM line is this unit is WAY out of warranty & it's amazing SP7 Performance is doing ANYTHING for you. An internet smear campaign may cost him some customers (some are worth losing :) ) but the Customer service he is trying to provide will probally get him far more.

I have been following this....

Well after reading it again & again the only problem i can see here is how you & Combination Motorsports dropped the ball when ordering this transmission & providing the correct core.

Why aren't you going after Combination Motorsports for this? Did you pay them for this transmission? I would think your gripe should be with them & there gripe would be with SP7 Performance as they were there subcontractor..... not yours. That's how the cash flowed & so should the liability.

The BOTTOM line is this unit is WAY out of warranty & it's amazing SP7 Performance is doing ANYTHING for you. An internet smear campaign may cost him some customers (some are worth losing :) ) but the Customer service he is trying to provide will probally get him far more.

And , I would have to agree with the quoted post above. I think Scott is being more than fair. Some of these projects take awhile to complete but should ANY shop be held liable after 2 years of it sitting before installed. Like the gentleman in the thread said, " The core that would be built would be the one sent in". That is how we operate and I am sure other builders on here would agree. I make it a habit to call the customer when it arrives and go over everything after inspecting the core to make sure it is what they want, (which it seems was at the time) but that is us. I feel that Scott is being MORE than fair and would appreciate the fact that he is even willing to discount his work after all these years. Will you go to work and eat 100% of a job that you did at work after 2 years? Would you go to work and say , "don't pay me for this one as there was a problem two years ago? Go to a dealer and be 1 day or 1 mile out of warranty (Time or milage) and see what they do for you. I can tell you they wouldn't reduce anything and they wouldn't care if you went to any board or media to get even.
I would thank my lucky stars that he is even willing to help after this.
Get in touch with him, OFF the board and work this out. If not, consider it a lesson and move on. From what has been written, I would be thankful he is willing to help me.

Just my opinion, and it seems to be the concensus here.

Good Luck
Bruce
WE4
Performance Transmission Services

I seem to still not be getting my point across.

I called Scott, he said he would "take care of it" then it changed to a max cost of $200, and a max turnaround time of 2-3 days.

I was lied to on many occasions over a months time and the bill was almost 3 times what was quoted.

In your guys eyes this is normal? This is "ok"?

I could have sent the trans elsewhere and got it back sooner, paid the same bill. but I trusted Scott from what I was told over the phone, after all it was "his" trans.

I had already called CPT, a sponsor on camaroz28.com.....and this is where it should have gone. And in the future it will.

In your eyes, I should be grateful that he:

1.Lied to me multiple times over the phone.

2. Charged me almost 3 times what was quoted over the phone

3. was 27 days over the time I was quoted to have the trans turned around and back to me.

This is what is normal here? To me this is not a NORMAL way to do business.

If this is the case I should just send him a money order and be happy as a pig in sh!t that I got treated that good???

Man the business world is really going to hell in a handbasket.

Scott is reading these posts, he KNOWS it happened EXACTLY the way I said it did.....If he thinks he is in the right..well that is part of whats wrong in the business world today.

I am a stand up , honest guy...I do what I say I will do and the way I say I will do it. Without fail. I guess this is why this transaction bothers me so much, I am 180* from Scott in this manner.

David

We talked directly to Scott at SR7 when the trans was being built initially, we had problems getting the trans built and sent to us the first time(NINE MONTHS!!!)

Combinations Motorsports is now out of business.

Again, it is a question of being truthful. If you say you will do something, DO IT! The way you said you would DO IT! If not, be honest with the customer up front. That is all I ask.

David

I don't think you seem to be getting the point. It would appear that SP7 Performance owes you NOTHING as a customer as you purchased the transmission from Combination Motorsports. That is who the long expired warranty claim should be with??

I would be thrilled if a company was building me a NEW transmission with a Warranty at a deeply discounted rate because of my screwup. What does he owe you next... pain & suffering for you missing your cruise night?

I don't think you seem to be getting the point. It would appear that SP7 Performance owes you NOTHING as a customer as you purchased the transmission from Combination Motorsports. That is who the long expired warranty claim should be with??

I would be thrilled if a company was building me a NEW transmission with a Warranty at a deeply discounted rate because of my screwup. What does he owe you next... pain & suffering for you missing your cruise night?

I guess I was correct, what people tell you over the phone and what they actually do means nothing anymore. It really is a shame.

I will not miss the cruise, for sure. A backup plan has already been put in place.

Again it is not about the money, it is the principal of what a man tells you and him following through on it...something you obviously do not value as much as I do.

Nor do many people anymore. A mans word means nothing in todays world....really is a shame.

I have said all I will say here. Scott has been contacted through e mail for a solution. He has not contacted me back(in 3 days) I wonder if he will. From this point forward I will have documentation on what is said between us. As a mans word means zilch anymore.

Thank you guys for all your input, it has given a new view on the workings of business. I will have documentation from this point forward on any business I do.

Again thanks guys.

David

Good luck with your project & future purchases. Documentation is always a good idea and protects both the buyer & the seller. A simple fact that was overlooked by both parties here.