SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

Good luck with your project & future purchases. Documentation is always a good idea and protects both the buyer & the seller. A simple fact that was overlooked by both parties here.

I will send Scott a Fax today, as I cannot get him on the phone, or to reply through e mail.

The Fax will state that I agree to pay the $565 bill plus shipping if he agrees to:

Ship the trans asap upon receiving the money order

Stand behind the one year warranty if I decide to sell the trans. If I do sell it I will not install it in my car.

Fair I think.

David

I will send Scott a Fax today, as I cannot get him on the phone, or to reply through e mail.

The Fax will state that I agree to pay the $565 bill plus shipping if he agrees to:

Ship the trans asap upon receiving the money order

Stand behind the one year warranty if I decide to sell the trans. If I do sell it I will not install it in my car.

Fair I think.

David

That doesn't sound unreasonable to me. Hopefully you guys will be able to work this out. Good luck!!

Asking for him to warrantee it to another guy MAY be a stretch.Most times warrantee lies with the original purchaser.

It would be in good faith for him to warrantee it the way you ask.
BUTTHe person who buys it should need to supply all his info to be sure he will be getting the correct trans.
If the trans has a stated 400HP capabilty and you sell it to a guy that makes 500Hp and he breaks it.
There should be no warrantee to cover this.

Asking for him to warrantee it to another guy MAY be a stretch.Most times warrantee lies with the original purchaser.

It would be in good faith for him to warrantee it the way you ask.
BUTTHe person who buys it should need to supply all his info to be sure he will be getting the correct trans.
If the trans has a stated 400HP capabilty and you sell it to a guy that makes 500Hp and he breaks it.
There should be no warrantee to cover this.

Rest assured, if I do decide to sell it. I (me) will make sure it will work in his application.

I may keep it as a spare.

I was told on the phone it was rated to 700hp. My car on motor is somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 hp. He told me it is the baddest one he builds.

Still no reply from Scott at SR7.

David

Enough of the games,I sent you an e-mail yesterday,so we will post this up here then.
You can pay the bill of $565.27
Money order or cashiers check ( like you agreed )
Warranty ( I will still give a year.but it is to the purchaser,not to be transferred)

Or I can put the all the (96) stuff on a pallet,and send it back frieght collect and you can have someone else ,do it for you

Which I stated in the e-mail sent ,that it would cost you more,cause it still has to be converted.

What I advised was for you to put it in your car and go have fun,then you can post on this site,that the trans ROCKS!

And I have record of the e-mail sent yesterday
And I work all week,do shows on weekends,and take mondays off,for the record

So let's resolve this
Sincerely,
Scott( SR7 Performance)

I would LOVE to see this end on a POSITIVE note with GREAT feedback on an AWESOME transmission.

Let's get this deal done & this transmission installed!! :)

I just called you twice , no answer

Well we are closer to being even on phone calls:cool: I was in the shop, metal building, phones no workey.

I just got off the phone with Scott, when I get the signed agreement faxed back to me I will send a money order.

How the trans works? It will get tested, ask SinistrV6.....he will ride in the car in October as I have the "Batman" suite reserved at his house For one of BEST car show/cruises in the country.

David

That's great news & please keep us posted on the complete transaction & how the transmission operates.

That's great news & please keep us posted on the complete transaction & how the transmission operates.

Will do........

So, how do you like the car? I sent links in the PM.

BTW I had an 86 T Type just like the one in your Avatar, Ran 12.60's, Fun car.

David

Will do........

So, how do you like the car? I sent links in the PM.

BTW I had an 86 T Type just like the one in your Avatar, Ran 12.60's, Fun car.

David

That looks like a serious car you have put together!! I think it's going to be a real test for any transmission you put in there. :wink:

Scott took my fax I sent to him, re-worded it (slighltly) put it on his letterhead and faxed it to me for me to sign, so I did @1:30.

I will overnight a money order for $565.27, trans will be shipped freight collect. Will send money order first thing tommorrow.

David

Test?? Anyway,big-block,blower car (825 to the the rear wheels)with a 700 ( reverse manual V.B,which I make),now that is a test,been doing those for 6 years,not to take away from David's project,but a 383 stroker motor,is a walk in the park, we are just limited to the 4L60E because of the electronics,looking forward to putting a smile on David's face ( send a pic!!)

Test?? Anyway,big-block,blower car (825 to the the rear wheels)with a 700 ( reverse manual V.B,which I make),now that is a test,been doing those for 6 years,not to take away from David's project,but a 383 stroker motor,is a walk in the park, we are just limited to the 4L60E because of the electronics,looking forward to putting a smile on David's face ( send a pic!!)

The test of a trans is

Horsepower+weight+ traction
POWER=600 ish on motor (remember I will spray this car , you said no problem, on spray 670+ to the wheels)

WEIGHT= a HONKER, 3650+ with driver

TRACTION= High 1.40 sixty foots on motor(HERE is the killer) If it lasts through the year warranty, I will be suprised. It will be serviced regularly.

Like I said, I WILL test your work.

I will need tracking number and the freight company so I can get the cost of shipping and an ETA when it leaves.

Money order will be overnighted in the morning. As per my word, on the signed agreement.

The trans WILL ship Friday correct?

David

The money was overnighted to Scott this morning, he(Scott) has to sign for it. I told him it would be there around noon and gave him a tracking number. He assured me the trans would ship Friday and that he would provide tracking info on Friday.

David