Some pics of my Stage 2

Jeremy and Zack will remember for sure. I t was a bad azz car...right up until it stalled on the side of the road. Kept crankin' the motor and when it finally fired, he was gone like a bullet. We were laughin' our butts off. Someone said, "I would rather shoot myself than have to tell my friends what happen in front of a gang of GN's"
Classic quote.

Take care,
Coach

Getting ready to turn some wrenches this next week...tune in for details.

Now that was some funny stuff right there. Probably one of the most interesting nights of my life!!! I cant believe the fat chick called me cute. I was ready to puke! YUCKKKKKKK!!!!:eek:

This is for JD and BADASSGN,
I tried to get into the Hampton for BPG. It is sold out already. I guess we are at the Quality again. God I hope there is a weight limit for "Babes" this year. We will never top last year in crazy ****, that is for sure. You could have made a Will Ferrell movie out of those 2 nights.

See you there,
Donnie

This is for JD and BADASSGN,
I tried to get into the Hampton for BPG. It is sold out already. I guess we are at the Quality again. God I hope there is a weight limit for "Babes" this year. We will never top last year in crazy ****, that is for sure. You could have made a Will Ferrell movie out of those 2 nights.

See you there,
Donnie

I may actually make it to Columbus. I'd really like to see Mike Boohers car run. I dont think I will have the time or opportunity to go to Bowling Green. What days are the Nats?

July 31, Aug 1-2. I will be going with Try Me GT ( Barry ) on Thursday afternoon. I hope to make a few runs this year just for fun. Finished my 4 point selt belts today. Welding in the GNX set brace tomorrow. Next is air bag install and finish this god dang shifter.

Thanks
Donnie

Well my focus lately has been the bumpers. I decided to smooth a set for my car using steel bumpers with aluminum inner supports. The car already has aluminum bracket mounted to the frame as well. I like the way the fibergass bumpers look without the rub strip and bumperrettes but I dont like the idea of driving on the street with basically no bumpers. So I spent many many hours welding and grinding and smoothed my own. Dang there are a lot of holes in these bumpers!! Here are some pics!

Attachments

• resized bumper.jpg
    resized bumper.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 578
  • resized bumper2.jpg
    resized bumper2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 570
After the metal work was finished, I sanded the inside of the bumpers down to metal, cleaned, primed, undercoated, and painted the back sides. THen I assembled the inner supports. Then they were ready for body work, which really didnt take much. We filled the first coat with glass then smoothed with bondo. After that, we used black epoxy primer. This primer will hold up a little better on the bumpers than regualr primer and if I get any chips, it will still be black under the paint so it wont be as noticeable.

Attachments

• resized bumper3.jpg
    resized bumper3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 887
  • resized bumper4.jpg
    resized bumper4.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 892
  • resized bumper5.jpg
    resized bumper5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 900
  • resized bumper6.jpg
    resized bumper6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 901
  • resized bumper7.jpg
    resized bumper7.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 891
That is alot of work, but will payoff in the end result. How far until completion?

Take care
Donnie

Well I'm hoping to have the car basically done by the end of the month. I still need to notch and support my frame to get it ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour June 6th and after that I will be starting on the fuel system. I still have the stock lines and a Walboro 340 in the tank so I wont be running much boost initially. I plan to just run the 7lb spring and dial it down as much as possible from there. It's coming along though, I finally moved it on it's own power the other day so that a step forward!!:)

Yesturday AustinIBEW145 and I did soome searching around the area for some 3/16" thick 12" wide flat stock for the frame notch and after a little driving, we were successful. I ended up getting 12' of the flat stock and a 1 3/8" x 4' round tube for a brace. cost $113 which was much cheaper then anywhere else. Once the door and bumpers are finished, the notch is the next thing to tackle. We will be spraying base/clear on the bumpers and Austins new bumper fillers and header panel today. Plan is to spray the base and use a flex agent in the clear to strengthen and protect the front end parts. Here's a few more pictures of where the car sits now.

Attachments

• resized 1.jpg
    resized 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 830
  • resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 819
  • resized 3.jpg
    resized 3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 832
  • saved 4.jpg
    saved 4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 826
Today I worked on mounting the front bumper, air dams, and tranny cooler. I decided to mount the tranny cooler where the stock IC scoop would be. I used to have it mounted under the passenger side headlight but now that the turbo saver is mounted there, I'd end up dumping oil all over it every time I did an oil change. I thought about mounting it in front of the radiator and front mount IC but I thought thats just a lot of stuff up there. It probably would do a better job there but I never had a problem with a hot tranny with the cooler mounted horizontally before. I figured it would do a decent job under there, what do you guys think? The front bumper really looks great! I cant say enough about this Lesonal paint. This stuff is absolutely awesome and blows away all the other products I have ever used. The clear looks a mile deap and the black is super duper black, might have to repaint the rest of the car next year even though I have only driven the car 3 times since the last paint job!!!!!!!! We had the base coat of paint on the back bumper and it showed us we still had a minor ding we needed to fix so we filled, sanded and reprimed and block that tonight and it's now ready for paint again. Otherwise it would have been on by now too. Step by step, it's getting closer!

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 782
  • resized1.jpg
    resized1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 774
  • resized2.jpg
    resized2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 790
  • resized4.jpg
    resized4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 753
  • resized5.jpg
    resized5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 755
Even though I literally have 30 hours plus material into these bumpers, I really loved the shaved look over the stock rub strip and bumperettes. Here's one more shot.

Attachments

• resized6.jpg
    resized6.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 761
that is how I have my tranny cooler. Mine has a fan on top that I will filp on at the track. This car is really looking great!! Someone needs to put this in a magazine when it is done! (hint to GMHTP)

that is how I have my tranny cooler. Mine has a fan on top that I will filp on at the track. This car is really looking great!! Someone needs to put this in a magazine when it is done! (hint to GMHTP)

Thanks for the compliment sir! I would love to see in a magazine and hopefully that does happen sometime! It would be cool to see a complete custom GN. Seems like they have a lot of stock or nearly stock cars in there. Either way, it in nice to get some ink about our cars.

One question for you, how did you mount the fan on top? I wanted to do the same but I dont really have much room on top. Is yours mounted more towards the front than mine? I also didnt want to pull the rubber mat out because that really helps keep the radiator cooler. I may have to play with that a little more once the car is done.

Dude it looks freaking awesome!!!!! and yep, this car better be in a magazine, it has everything one can imagine as the "Utimate Bad Ass GN" .Stage II, awesome suspension/wheel set up, paint and body. This is it brother, the ultimate GN for anyone!!!!!! You should be Very, Very proud, I know I am on your behalf!!

Prasad

Dude it looks freaking awesome!!!!! and yep, this car better be in a magazine, it has everything one can imagine as the "Utimate Bad Ass GN" .Stage II, awesome suspension/wheel set up, paint and body. This is it brother, the ultimate GN for anyone!!!!!! You should be Very, Very proud, I know I am on your behalf!!

Prasad

I second that wholeheartedly. Awesome car Jeremy, you've built one of the cleanest Buick's in the land my friend :cool:

Jeremy The car looks AWESOME!!! Your doing a great job on it, Keep up the nice work!

Scot W.

Geeze thanks guys! I wouldnt have it if it werent for all the help and ideas from all you!