Some pics of my Stage 2

jdpolzin

Well, the motor is almost completed and ready to be picked up! Thanks to Mike Booher, you a great guy and one of the nicest people I have ever met. I'm going to start this thread and post pics as the motor goes in and until the car is complete. Thus far, I still need to have a 3.5" down pipe made with my TA headers. The car is going to retain the AC, cruise, and all the Buick creature comforts because it is a street car. Heres a little info on the motor and a few pics of it. I will be picking it up within the next 2 weeks.

3.8 Stage 2 0012 brand new block Off center
Carillo 5.970 rods
3.810 Diamond pistons
3.625 Cat Stroker Crank
GN1 Ported heads
1.55 Roller Rockers
215/220 Hydraulic Roller Cam
Full Throttle High Volume Front Cover
Double Roller Billet timing chain
RJC Deep oil pan
Wet Sump oiling system
TA valve covers
True TA headers
HR Parts Poly Stage 2 motor mounts
BHJ balancer and Flex plate Zero balance
PTE 70HPQBB turbo
70mm PTE Throttle Body
70mm Kenne Belle plenum
Champion Ported Intake
CAS V2 front mount
CAS Radiator

The car will be set up for E85 when it completed but I havent even started on those upgrades yet. I plan to wait until the motor is in.

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,188
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 4,185
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 4,213
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 4,171
  • MVC-011F.JPG
    MVC-011F.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 4,156
More pics

Attachments

• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 4,091
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 4,083
  • MVC-014F.JPG
    MVC-014F.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 4,075
  • MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 4,059
  • MVC-016F.JPG
    MVC-016F.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 4,056
more

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,048
  • MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 4,055
  • MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 4,010
The tranny is a full Billet full rollerized set up from PTSExtreme and I am running a PTS Billet 9/11 3200 stall convertor. I'm also running a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft from DynoTech. I have done extensive brake and suspension work that I wont even get into on this thread but you can view the set up on this thread if you'd like:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

The wheels are Intro Pentias 18x8 front and 18x10 rear. Front tires are P275/40R18 and rears are P315/30R18. I also had a matching set of 15x10 Pentias made for the track!

As far as the rear end goes, I havent started any upgrades yet. For now, I'm just going to run the stock posi rear that I upgraded to aluminum drums S10 cylinders.

The rear suspension has UMI double adjustable uppers and Hotchkis boxed lowers with BellTech drop springs, ATR bar. I still need to cut the frame to notch it and weld in more rear bracing before I can install the rear wheels.

I also am running an aluminum core support, aluminum bummper supports, aluminum bumper brackets, and a hollow 36mm 1LE front swaybar.

I had the car painted already and got the interior almost perfect and I will leave in all the sound dampeners, etc due to this being a street car.

The car will get a cage eventually but I havent decided with route I want to go with that yet. I want something thats going to keep the comforts of dirving the car with my family in it. I thought about making a non certifiable cage with the cross bar on the floor instead of derictly in front of the rear seat. I know its not the way to do it but it's not a race car, I just want a little something more for a piece of mind. I have all the braces installed on the car already (rear sear, front croassmember braces, underhood braces, rear frame brace, door braces, etc).

I'll keep updating this post as things come along. I'm happy that things are finally moving forward! ---Jeremy

Looks slow:eek:

j/k nice work man!

Thanks guys! I havent done any of the motor work personally, and i honestly wouldnt trust myself doing it, but Mike Booher (BlownV6)has done all of it. He has also spent a lot of time teaching me along the way. This is the very first motor I have ever had built and I only knew the basics of how a motor works. Through this build up, I have learned a TON and cant thank Mike enough for the amount of time he has spent talking with me. Mike is the man!:biggrin:

I also have to thank my great friend Prasad (WickedV6) for all of his help throug this, if it wasnt for him, I would have nothing. He has steered me in the right directions and hooked me up with Mike Booher and all the other people I needed to accomplish this goal. Also Mike at FullThrottle has been a BIG help and set us up with fantastic parts and great prices!

Will this car be ready for the midwest meet? I thought I read you would be there. I'm hoping to go and I would love to see it in person.

Unfortunately I'll be driving my Sport Trac to the meet this year. Neither car is ready for driving yet. I hope to have the GN ready by next years meet though. The Limited is going to be sold when it's finished due to the job slowing down dramaticly and a large amount of child support that I am paying now. I was trying to get the Limited done by the meet but it's just not going to happen. You are more than welcome to swing by my house on the way to Chicago, I live 2 minutes of I80. If we can arrange it, maybe we can have you and RapidoV6 meet at my house and all cruise up there together!

J, looking good man ;). Can't wait to see it all bolted together and running the numbers.

Keep Up The Good Work!

flip

Jdpolzin,

That sounds good. I think I may travel with Jose so I may work out well. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your cars.

Chad

Looks very nice and very expensive, but that kinda goes without saying with the Stage2 stuff!:D :cool: The build-up sounds like it will be a wicked street car and I like the fact that you're going to retain all the creature comforts that make it a true street car.:)

;) Thanks guys! Yeah it's never really inexpensive to build any motor I suppose. I have been working on it for a couple years now so it's givin me plenty of time save a buy parts instead of paying everything at once. I cant wait till I can finally cruise the car. It's probably going to be a while though.

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Man that's going to be a one bad a$$ MOFO ride all the way around.
I can't wait for you to get her on the road.

Prasad

titan copper gaskets

those are the wrong gaskets to put on that motor, the 1st sign of lifting heads or detonation the gasket will push out and become egg shaped and start to leak, seen it happen in many 10 sec build ups, a better choice would off been Cometics 0.40 at least they wont push out and wont give to detonation that easy.. ;)

those are the wrong gaskets to put on that motor, the 1st sign of lifting heads or detonation the gasket will push out and become egg shaped and start to leak, seen it happen in many 10 sec build ups, a better choice would off been Cometics 0.40 at least they wont push out and wont give to detonation that easy.. ;)

Just curious as to how many of these gaskets you have tried??? If detonation is a problem with your combo you need to address the detonation!
Head gaskets are a cheap fuse compared to the other options. There are a lot of realy fast cars using these and I cant see your opisition to them!! Please elaborate your experience with them!!! Inquiring minds want to hear more!!
Thanks Mike:cool:

Titan Copper gaskets

My first experience with them was they where hanging over the fire ring in the head chamber that is a NO,NO, I'm my book so they never went on the car, 2 people here locally had them in their cars and both of them lifted the heads enough to push the gasket out right by the bottom of cylinder 3 and 4 and of course let the leaking begin, when heads were taken off ,under inspection we found the gasket hadn't blown but it deformed like an egg shape just from the head lifting, these cars have a tendency to lift the heads regardless if detonation is present or not, I rather put a HG on my car that will not deformed just because my head lifted just a tad, do a search here on copper titan HG, and you will find out people with the same problem as I mentioned above. :)

On a side note, this gasket could work better on a stage 2 because there is a lot more surface by the bottom of each cylinder and they use 14 bolts, the problems I mentioned above happen on a 109 block with 8 bolt heads.

Well, to get not to get off the subject but....... I got a few more parts in today. I got my aluminum core support soda blasted, had the top rivets smoothed, and then powder coated to 80% gloss. I also got the radiator top plate, the hood latch plate, and the two side plates coated to 80% as well! Looks fantastic! I also have a new underhood bolt kit on the way so none of my bolts are going be faded.

Attachments

• core.jpg
    core.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,553
  • core2.jpg
    core2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 3,526
  • core4.jpg
    core4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3,506
  • core5.jpg
    core5.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 3,495
  • core1.jpg
    core1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 3,471
My first experience with them was they where hanging over the fire ring in the head chamber that is a NO,NO, I'm my book so they never went on the car, 2 people here locally had them in their cars and both of them lifted the heads enough to push the gasket out right by the bottom of cylinder 3 and 4 and of course let the leaking begin, when heads were taken off ,under inspection we found the gasket hadn't blown but it deformed like an egg shape just from the head lifting, these cars have a tendency to lift the heads regardless if detonation is present or not, I rather put a HG on my car that will not deformed just because my head lifted just a tad, do a search here on copper titan HG, and you will find out people with the same problem as I mentioned above. :)

On a side note, this gasket could work better on a stage 2 because there is a lot more surface by the bottom of each cylinder and they use 14 bolts, the problems I mentioned above happen on a 109 block with 8 bolt heads.

OK , thanks for clearing that up. With the 14 bolt heads I cant see where its going to be any kind of problem as long as detonation is kept to a minimum , and I think it will be!!! More info to come later as things progress. Thanks Mike:cool: