Some pics of my Stage 2

Definately had a great time at the good ol' Quality Inn! Thanks for the advice and great conversation! I learned a ton this weekend. Now I just have to try to make the jump from "fixer" to "tuner" like we talked! Well, I suppose I need to put the motor in first! Hopefully we'll all be able to meet up at BG next year!

What advice "Hic-up"

I'm Not so Sure I'll do BG, never know though.... it's a 16 hour drive for me.

I would have to say MIke is one of the BEST guys in our community! THANKS AGAIN MIKE FOR EVERYTHING! Well heres a few snap shots of the motor nesting confortably next to it's new buddy "The Sinfull GN!"[/QUOTE]

Jeremy, you hit the nail right on the head, Mike is a great person.

Man, you motor looks awesome, Make sure you take your time and do the rest of the stuff right.

Prasad:D

Well, I got the old motor out and the rest of the front end out. I planned to put the motor in and then the aluminum core support but i cracked my Champion intake installing the damn water fitting that feeds the metal coolant line. I put too much tape on it I think becuase it needed to go in farther and ended up putting a hairline crack about an inch long across the top of the intake above the fitting threaded hole. My buddy is an excellent welder and is going to fix it and machine the hole back to the correct threads. This really bit my balls! I suppose it was my mistake though! Anyways, I got the aluminum core support installed and it looks very nice. I got the CAS V2 front mount, tranny cooler, CAS aluminum radiator, front bumper w/ aluminum support, and front aluminum bumper brackets installed as well. I ended up using new bolts in the front end to make it look nice with the powder coated parts. I also drilled and tapped the front mount holes so I can use the new stock bolts so everything matches on top of the core support. The only problem I had is the new Energy Bushings I used on the bottom of the core support were a little to tall. The aluminum core support is not an exact bolt in and is a little taller. I ended up getting it to fit but it was hard to get the fender brackets up high enough to fit on top of the core support. I am going to go back and flip the bushings around and put the top bushings on the bottom and vise versa. The top bushings are shallower than the lowers are. Heres a few pics so far.

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,302
  • e34.jpg
    e34.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,276
  • e5.jpg
    e5.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,265
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,276
Looks good Jeremy. I need to do some cleaning myself. Blew an oil cooler line last night. It was barely touching the downpipe and I did not see it. It popped and what a freakin' mess. It will take a long while to get it clean again.

If you need those bushings cut down, send them to me. I can cut them to whatever height you need. Don't sacrifice anything to be done in a hurry. It is not worth it. You got too much $$$ in this.

Take care,
Donnie

P.S. Hey Zac!

Looking good. I was thinking the same thing while I was reading the post. Send the bushings to Donnie and let him cut them down. Perfect solutions on a car like that.

Did you happen to weigh the difference between the steel and aluminum radiator support?

The bushings trick has actually been done quite a bit by those who use the aluminum supports so it shouldnt be a big deal at all. Plus the front end bushings dont really do much up there. The body bushings take the brunt of the work. I do appreciate the offer though! Very much!

Dude, Donnie, That really blows, literally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: Time to get some Simple Green, a sixer of Busch Light, and a big box of rags! The first time I fired the Limited up, after restoring the engine, I found I had forgotten to tighten the oil feed line going to the turbo. I lost 2 quarts of oil in about 5 seconds.:frown: What a freakin mess! And I had the engine bay perfect! Zac and I spent the whole afternoon cleaning that up! Simple Green does wonders!

Looking good. I was thinking the same thing while I was reading the post. Send the bushings to Donnie and let him cut them down. Perfect solutions on a car like that.

Did you happen to weigh the difference between the steel and aluminum radiator support?

I didnt weigh the difference between the two but I can say there is a major difference while holding them both up, one in the right hand and one in the left. I think I have read somewhere that there is a 14 or 17lb difference. The bumper brackets and supports make a major difference too! I also have the hollw front 36mm swaybar so that saves me a good chunk of weight as well!

just swaped mine as well and its a huge difference in weight. fills like more then 12 pounds

Well, here is another little toy I bought for the GN. It just showed up today in the mail. Now i just need to install it and find a laptop so I can play with it! Still waiting on my buddy to weld up my cracked intake. Then I have to take it to the powder coater. Just a long term waiting game for now! -------Jeremy

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,158
Wow,you look pissed off !!!!!! you should try smiling next time.....:biggrin: :biggrin:

Dude, this motor is killing me after all my intake BS. I should post a picture of me now that I just broke my intake for the second time tonight. Oh wait I cant, I broke my 2 month old $200 digital camera tonight too. GOD DAMN!:mad: :mad: I'm about to give up.

Well, it's been a while since I posted any update but wanted to shoot a few pics here to document the project. We took the fender off to get to the main wiring harness. We needed to replace the original becasue one of the previous owners of the car had spliced the fusable links. Thats ok but got me a little nervous, I'd rather have one that I know is perfect so I bought one. Rather do this than have the car burn down. We also pulled the vacuum brake kit off to install the brand new ACDelco Hydroboost system. I bought the vac kit new and only used it once. A little crazy but oh well. We also are going to swap the power antenna for a manual one. I'm tired of screwing with the power ones. Here's a few pics AustinIBEW145 snapped on his phone. It's a little scary looking at them but I assure this car will run by spring!!!!!!!! ------Jeremy

Attachments

• 12-26-08_1808.jpg
    12-26-08_1808.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • 12-26-08_1809.jpg
    12-26-08_1809.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 12-26-08_1810.jpg
    12-26-08_1810.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • 12-26-08_1811.jpg
    12-26-08_1811.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 12-26-08_1812.jpg
    12-26-08_1812.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Hey putz
I see that you still have your converter installed on the stator. I heard that it's not a good thing to do that for a long period of time. Car looks good. I hope that you have it done before i come there in the summer. No baby yet until April. Have you sold the other car yet? I can't wait to get together again soon. Give me a buzz when you get a chance. I also got a new MacBook Lap top... SWEEEEET it's the best thing ever. See ya bud.

Well hopefully the motor will be going in here within the next two weeks.

I just noticed the laptop on top of the tool box is on TB.com! Go figure!