Some pics of my Stage 2

Well here are a few more pics! Things are coming along. I do have the car a little further than shown in these pics. I have pretty much been trying to tackle the wiring. Being an electrician, I'm pretty darn particular to How the wiring is, and how it's tucked. But I'll throw these on here just in case someone may be interested to look at the progress!!

Attachments

• phpPOexIoAM.jpg
    phpPOexIoAM.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 836
  • phpDFZp4vAM.jpg
    phpDFZp4vAM.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 838
  • phplMZuQRAM.jpg
    phplMZuQRAM.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 837
  • php1By2PJAM.jpg
    php1By2PJAM.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 837
  • phpUYGpVKAM.jpg
    phpUYGpVKAM.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 827
I thought you'd be done by now... you been picking potatos or something?? :biggrin:

Well here are a few more pics! Things are coming along. I do have the car a little further than shown in these pics. I have pretty much been trying to tackle the wiring. Being an electrician, I'm pretty darn particular to How the wiring is, and how it's tucked. But I'll throw these on here just in case someone may be interested to look at the progress!!

Hmmmmmm, you being particular about things????

That is an understatement!!!!!!!

Looking very good bud

Prasad

I thought you'd be done by now... you been picking potatos or something?? :biggrin:

Yeah I know. I have had a hard time with a few things. The intake I originally bought was decked on one side which then caused it to crack on me twice. That was a lot of money in powdercoating and repairs. Ended up getting rid of that one and bought another one from Champion. Then I have pretty much just been waiting on parts. I had a custom 3.5" DP made so I waited for that. Now I have it ceramic coated and installed and need to take it off and cut quite a bit on it to make it fit. It hits the frame and is about 1 1/4" too long to mate up to the exhaust and exhaust hanger on the trans crossmember. So then I'm going to have to shell out another chunk of change for that and then another $200 for coating again. Thats pretty much how this project has gone since trying to get this motor in. Mike did a great job and frankly I'm embarresed I cant show off his good work yet! But for now, I just have to keep pluggin away and shelling out more money than I make. I guess I knew that was going to happen though so I'm not too suprised!:biggrin:

Hmmmmmm, you being particular about things????

That is an understatement!!!!!!!

Looking very good bud

Prasad

Thanks Prasad! Without you and Mike, this thing would never be sitting in my engine bay! Yeah I am particular but I figure if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right and do it right the first time! Then it's only minor upgrades from there!

Shut up and turn wrenches...

Quit telling us about it and get it done. There are FAT CHICKS in Columbus waiting for ya!!! I am getting ready to install my 45a and my 79# ers with my new IC. I need to finish my air bags and then stuff in the MT ET Streets. That is it. Go to the track and get tuning. Only shooting for mid to low 11's for now. When Lee builds my new motor, I will push it into the 10's.

Take care and see you in Columbus.
Donnie

P.S. I finally finished my custom aluminum trailing arms. I am sending them to Barry in a week or two to install and run. If his 60' times get better, I will make more and still see if you are interested.

Just curious who did the motor if thats a street car you got almost no oil drain back to the pan that will hold about 1 1/2 quarts so make sure u dont run the pan dry had it happen on 2 stage 2 motors and the fix wasnt cheap if it has a screen in the back with oil on can act like a seal not let oil drain . Laz

Just curious who did the motor if thats a street car you got almost no oil drain back to the pan that will hold about 1 1/2 quarts so make sure u dont run the pan dry had it happen on 2 stage 2 motors and the fix wasnt cheap if it has a screen in the back with oil on can act like a seal not let oil drain . Laz

Hey "ROOKIE" its got a huge drain back in the rear of the block!! Mike:cool:

Thanks for the advice Laz but I think we should be just fine! Mike not exactly "NEW" to these Stage motors!

I will post up a few more pictures this weekend. I had the day off yesturday due to a poor economy and no work so I used my time wisely and was in the garage from 8am till 11:30pm! I got a lot done. I will have to do something about the excessories on the car. They make this pretty motor look bad! I'm going to worry to much at this point about looks but focus on geting her running and then go from there. I'll keep posting pics, it's a good way to log the build anyways!

Thanks for taking the time to look guys! -----Jeremy

Heres a pic, you can see the hole in the block.

Mike what was the orange mark in the valley for? I know you tld me before but a buddy of mine asked and I could remember what exaclty that was for. That was supposed to be something for oiling too right?

Attachments

• MVC-015F.JPG
    MVC-015F.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,117
Well thanks to my good friends RapidoV6 and AustinIBEW145, we finally got the beast fired up last night! We had a few complications I need to work out though. I need to get my FAST system to hook up to my laptop. Luckily we already had the program in the FAST box. For some reason the laptop cannot connect to the ECU? We also had leaking head gaskets. I'm hoping they just need to be re-torqued. Shouldnt be all the hard of a fix. We also had one of the water pump bolts leaking so I should be able to just pull the bolt and wrap it with a little teflon tape to fix that. Otherwise, she sounds really good! The E85 smells great too!

we need Video ;)

Congrats.

I wish I had a video camera to take a few videos!!!! We took one on a buddies phone but it didnt turn out so well! Hopefully I will find one soon!!! The motor sounds really MEAN!!!!! I need to get to tuning this FAST system and solve my water leak issues. Time is of the essense right now. I have been doing as much as I can whenever I have the time! My boy goes to bed here pretty soon so I think I will jump out there for an hour or so! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRUNK,FAT CHICKS in Ohio want a ride....................................................

Cool brother. Hope to see you this summer.

Take care.
Donnie