Some pics of my Stage 2

J, what's more expensive...the rear end or the set of street rims and 15 inch rears for the slicks?:rolleyes:
How's the fuel system progress?:rolleyes:

Well the 6 rims were about the same cost as the rear end and driveshaft will end up costing. Well worth it though!!! :biggrin:

Full system is next on the agenda, still waiting to see if anyone comes out with a good fabbed/sumped tank thats not bare aluminum. If I have to I'll just sump my tank but I'm worried about the welds rusting over time so I'd rather not go that route. Also gonna need to save up for a good boost controller. Havent decided which route I want to go with that. If I go the CO2 controlled controller, I dont want to have to keep adding CO2 during normal driving to keep it accurate.

This is a great build. Definitely an inspiration to us newbies on the board. I like the stance of the car as well as the bumper modification.

Thanks Maverick! Just remember, we were all newbies at one point in time. ;)

Hey "former newbie", you going to Columbus??? Barry and I are getting rooms this week. Hope your coming.

Coach:biggrin:

sadly the dirty ole quality is closed down :biggrin:

we are at the holiday inn this year

I'd love to go this year guys bt I'll be puting it off for next year again. I've only worked a few months this year and am off again so money is basically non-existant at the moment.

Well finally getting some progress going on the good ol' SINFULL! I was fight was issues with the rear end and just decided to all together build a whole new one. So this time I went with a fabricated housing from Currie. It's the F9 housing. I decided not to backbrace this housing because it's initial design was for off road trucks so I feel it's be plenty strong.

I also sold the the HR Bar and will now be running the Hellwig rear bar on this car. I feel it's a much better design and more suited for the type of car I am building.

I had some issues with the rear brakes as well. After being garaunteed that the Baer brakes would clear my 15" rims, I went with them on the new rear. Well they didnt fit so I went with the Ford Explorer style brakes from Currie. I also had to clearence them ever so slightly but not as much as I would have had to with the Baer kit.

The car now runs Currie Currectrac lower control arms as well. I didnt really want to caugh up the cash for these but after looking at the design and the way it allows the rear to articulate, I think these are the best control arms on the market. I also needed something that wuld hold up to the power this car makes and the design of the arms is super strong so I am very comfortable with them.

I sent my PTS billet trans into Lonnie (Extreme Automatics) to get one of CK's billet outputs shafts installed as well as a trans brake and some slight changes in the valving. Once I got it back, the output shaft was bad so now Im going to be down for a while on that. Chris sent Lonnie another shaft so I will be taking the trans back out again and meeting Lonnie in Indy in a few weeks.

Once thats back, I'm hoping to get this car started back up again. Then it'll be onto the fuel system.

My goal for the car is to create an all around car. I want this car to handle like its on rails but still rip off a low 9 second pass. With the 15's on, I wanted to give the car the 10.5 drag radial class look. I think I pretty much nailed it! I am really happy the way these 275's widend and flatened out on the 10" wide rims. The 5.5" backspace fits the frame notch perfectly and gives me 1/2" on each side of the wheel. The height seems o be perfect too. I'm prety happy with the end result.
P3060031.JPG
P3060032.JPG
P3060036.JPG
P3060039.JPG
P3270025.JPG
P3270027.JPG
P3270029.JPG

So, after two years of jackstand duty I finally set the car on it's wheels again last night. Here are a few quick pics.

So, after two years of jackstand duty I finally set the car on it's wheels again last night. Here are a few quick pics.

Yeah thats a great feeling. I took mine off the lift for the first time ever with the new motor and im amazed at how it looks. Keep up the amazing(<<understatemet of the year)) work!!:cool:

I thought I'd post an update to the thread since it is a good way to log it. The car has come a long ways in the past few years. I went with a new fuel system from Racetronix with their 160's, the dual purple pumps, and their -8 -6 Teflon lines. Was planning to install the FAST XFI boost controller but decided to keep in simple and just use a TurboNetics manual. It's working great. The next paragraph is for you Mike Booher!

The car was dyno tuned last week by Bob Kurgan, same guy that tuned Turbo Cliffs car. Bob did a great job. We got the drivability down perfectly. First pass, I didn't know where the boost was set at, was thinking 14. Bob decided to go ahead and make a quick pass to verify boost so we didn't have the computer logging at the time. Well, the car went to 28#, 710HP and then smoked the tires on the dyno so it stopped logging. I cant prove this though, we didn't print it out since neither of us were ready for it. Just decided to go back to getting the car tuned since we didn't have all day and many more people were there waiting to get on the dyno. Then we dialed it down to 18psi, which it went 585rwhp, then 22psi @ 610HP, then 24.5# @ 651rwhp. I was done at that point. I had a 2.5 hour drive home and no trailer. The tune was super safe at only 48% injector duty cycle and super clean. Bob wanted to go more but could tell I was nervous as a prostitute in church! So maybe next time when I have a trailer, we can crank it up a bit.

The car now drives great. One thing I do have a problem with, even though most would consider it to not be a problem and be BAD ASS, is that under 70mph the 315's do not hook. The car has zero turbo lag, which I almost wish it did. If it did, it may have a better chance of holding the tires. Boost is at 24 now. Im probably going to need to turn it down.

All in all though, I'm extremely happy and satisfied that it came together well. It's been a very extremely long road! I have to thank the man Mike Booher for the time he spent building this motor for me and the knowledge he passed on back then. It brought me a lot further and has benefited me in the builds I've done since. I also need to say thank you to Prasad Elemana for all his help. And thanks to Lonnie Diers for one super sick 200r4!
IMG_20150416_144159.jpg
10275388_10202814442095504_418012648419952931_o.jpg

This is just awesome..... You have one of the Badass all around GNs in the nation! The only thing I have to say is it's about Freaking time... LOL.... All that hard work and frustration paid off. Now wear a diaper every time you drive it!

Congrats brother.

Prasad

Damn that's crazy power. Well done. What wheels are they? They look great, esp the lip on the rears

The wheels are Intro Pentias. The frame is notched but the rears are 18x10 with a 5.5" backspace. There's plenty of room for the 315's. The HP is kind of stupid and unnecessary to be honest, but very cool! Who needs a Hellcat????!!!! Lol! Love it!

Great job Jeremy.:) The car looks awesome. Now that's it's running, you might as well drive it to Arizona.;)