Some pics of my Stage 2

A little update, I got the front and rear bumpers on, passenger door on, and both rear wheels! Car looks SWEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have to wetsand and buff the door and bumpers so I have to wait to put the insides of the door together for now.

BUT, I was PUMPED UP all night last night because today was going to be my big chance of finally driving the car because I needed to take it in for an alignment at 2pm. Beuatiful morning, AsutinIBEW145 and I cruised around to the junkyards in my truck looking for a clear passenger side glass. Then when it came time to take the car to the alignment shop, guess what, DOWN POOR!! DAMN! But we took it anyways and got the car dirty.

I did just take the car out for a quick spin around the block because it's sunny and it ran really well for only running 5psi. I can tell this thing is going to be a BRUTE! The back tires arent going to last cause it lights these 315's up at the slightest press of the pedal.

And yes, for those of you that know me, I did shave my head! I got a little drunked up last night, since I've been off work for a month now, and I cant afford a haircut so I decided to shave it off!! Besides, I burnt half of it off while welding on this frame!!!

Attachments

• rainyday.jpg
    rainyday.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 958
  • phpZ10Wo9PM.jpg
    phpZ10Wo9PM.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 944
Awesome!

I'm hoping to crank mine later tonight.....after putting my engine back in for the second time in 2 weeks...... LOL....

Keep the updates rolling.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jeremy if you want you can try the 24's of my Escalade before you buy them other wheels.:eek:

Prasad:D

Thanks guys. The car is pretty much just waiting for the fuel system. There is a guy in the E85 section who has a hook up for a stainless stock style fuel hanger with pick up's to accomodate -10 lines so once those are made, I'll be putting the system on with the Magnafuel external pump. Then I'll take it to get dyno tuned. Once thats all good, it'll be time to call up M+H. They are making me a custom set of rear tires for my 15x10's. 13" wide 27" tall!!!!!!:eek:

While I have been waiting, I've been working on the Regal. She's coming along very well. Then I'll be doing some testing to try to disprove or prove some of the E85 myth's. Or maybe that'll be a 10 second, mild fuel system street car!! I'll drive this one everyday so i dont hurt the SINFULL car.

Jeremy did the engine builder or you paint the block valley area? If so what was used?

Yeah looks Slow:p I mean FAST:D I am slow:frown:

Well it's been a while since I have posted anything on my car becuase I really havent had money to buy anything! BUT......my order from Quicks Performance was just filled for my rear end.

The rear end has the new Wavetrac in it. It's supposed to be the best of the best and carries a lifetime warranty. These are supposed to be perfect for street/strip cars that dont want noisy lockers on the street but need to get the power to both wheels at the track. The housing is a 9" Ford from Quicks Perfomance. It's braced in the rear and uses 1/4" wall axle tubes. It also will have Ford rear discs brakes with parking brake. It will utilize 35 spline Moser axles with Big Ford Bearings and 3" long 1/2" wheel studs.

It also has a Strange Nodular Iron third member with 3.50 gears and a 1350 yoke. I've heard to many horror stories of people shredding the aluminum third members so I didnt want to mess around with those. Do it once and be done with it!

Of course I had it all powder coated by Premier Concepts, Jim is the man!

Paul from HRPartsNStuff sent Quicks the weld on brackets for their swaybar and Quicks welded it on for the correct pinion angle which I will shoot for -2.5deg for now. I cant thank Paul or jay enough for the time they put into making this rear end!

I mocked the disc brakes up to my 15" Intro Pentias that i have for the track and I may have to do a very slight bit of gronding on the calipers to clear but they are very close. Jay at Quicks said he's never seen one hit but he's usually dealing with ProStars, Convo Pros, etc. These Intro's are custom made and have a slight dip in the rim hoop and looks like it may intefere slightly. We shall see!

I had Quicks relocate the drain plug on the verticle face of the housing so it doesnt interfere with the HRParts swaybar. They also didnt install the jack pad so there are no inferences! They did an excellent job and have top notch customer service!

Once the rear end is completed and bolted in the car, i need to measure for my driveshaft. I thought I'd get the car ready before the Power Tour this year but it looks like I may be riding along in Austin or Keiths cars this year.:mad: But, the driveshaft is going to be a Denny's Nitrous ready 3.5". I had a 3.5" aluminum DynoTech that I just bought a couple years ago but it had the 3R joints for the stock rear end and I didnt want to mess around with the conversion Joints or having the shaft shortened.

I started assembly and took a few pictures but still have more to assemble and will post more pics as it progresses.

Attachments

• P5180023.jpg
    P5180023.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 576
  • P5180024.jpg
    P5180024.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 556
  • P5180025.jpg
    P5180025.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 559
  • P5180026.jpg
    P5180026.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 563
  • P5180027.jpg
    P5180027.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 562

I've heard to many horror stories of people shredding the aluminum third members so I didnt want to mess around with those. Do it once and be done with it!

Been running a MW aluminum thru bolt third member for years and it's lived with no problems what so ever. Not sure who's AL third members are shredding but there is nothing wrong with a quality AL third member. :cool:

Adding a few more pictures to the thread. Should have it all built tonight and ready to put back in the car. Then I need to measure and order the driveshaft!

Attachments

• P5260001.jpg
    P5260001.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 427
  • P5260002.jpg
    P5260002.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 428
  • P5260003.jpg
    P5260003.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 439
  • P5260004.jpg
    P5260004.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 443
  • P5260005.jpg
    P5260005.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 430
Adding a few more pictures to the thread. Should have it all built tonight and ready to put back in the car. Then I need to measure and order the driveshaft!

Get done with this thing already!!! How about sending me a PM with some info on the rear end? Looks good and I might be interested in one.:redface: