SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

I am having trouble using the default "1" to erase the old SD1 settings in the PL. I go to Param. #16 and then go to BLM and it is set on 99... then Where do I go from here?

you doing it via the pedal-stomp method?

you can do it from the laptop.

Bob

I am having trouble using the default "1" to erase the old SD1 settings in the PL. I go to Param. #16 and then go to BLM and it is set on 99... then Where do I go from here?

Shouldn't you be selecting parameter 15 instead, since there's no 0 in the LV8 cycling. As I understand it, the parameters cycle from 1-21. Try selecting 15 and then go to BLM so see what you have.

Never mind, my mistake, it is parameter 16. Don't know why you're seeing 99.

Hook a loptop up, it's a 1000 time easier.

I have my laptop hooked up now, but how do I change to the default settings? never tried this before.

Key on, in monitor mode, double click cell 16 (last cell), and enter "1", press enter. You should see the cell change to "1". Then turn key off for a few seconds. When you re-connect, the cells should be at the defaults and cell 16 should be back to 0.

Eric

got it! Thanks
My problem before was the software wasnt downloaded correctly. I downloaded it again and reflashed the PL with PL042 and it changed the BLM to 0. I put it to 1 and turned key off. Car fired up with no problems.
Ya, I thought about that Eric. If I put it on default, would it stay in default mode... Now I know. Thanks

What delay are you referring to? From what action to what action??

I guess I never noticed that because my routine is a bit different. I have my laptop on and running, but PLC NOT started.

I start the car, then start PLC, and it almost immediately connects. Then all I have to do is hit F8 to start monitor mode.

I know this is more of the shakedown of the SD2 chip thread, but I think it would be nice to start another thread with what we have learned collectively. I cringe at 20+ pages to read. No disrespect in anyway, just think the discussion can continue here and have a thread about actual tricks and tips to teach other people. Your doing a great job and I hope I can contribute while learning from you.

Finally had a little time to play with it. What a neat new toy! I dialed idle and cranking fuel in. Starts like Cadillac.
Adjustable idle speed would be nice. That was the only thing I'm missing so far. :p

Nice job gentleman! :) It's a great new chip...

Rick