Roll Call for Noble, Oklahoma - Ford vs. Buick

Black Power

Ok.

FINAL ROLL CALL.

We have less than a month to get down and dirty to take back a point from the Fords. Who is going, what are you bringing, and where are you staying?

Will Barnes

1987 GN
4.1L NA motor, Precision 6776BB, PTE FMIC, 3k 9x11 converter, footbrakin with MT radials out back. Nitrous might come out and play depending on who I get matched up with.

My wife and I, and possibly my brother and his woman, will be staying at the Hyatt in OKC.

as far away from you as possible....you blow stuff up. :biggrin:

Still working on it! It will truly suck if I can't make it. I enjoyed hanging out with the Buick people almost as much as making a pass.

If you are on the fence about making this event, go. It's a great atmosphere.

Roll Call

Enclosed is a list of all who have committed to race at Noble. There are several people on this board that indicated they are coming but I haven't received their real names as requested.

We are at 44 so far which is less than half of what we need.

Participants

AR JACK TOSLER
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR RAY ALEXANDER
KS MATT GORDAN
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK GARY LIMB
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK NEMO
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RT NORDQUIST
OK RUDY
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TOD FERGUSON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CLAY HOLLANDER
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GEORGE SWEEZY
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MITCH SMITH
TX RUSSELL GOODMAN
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT
TX WILL BARNES

If you want to add yoru name to the list, please notify me at pengle@cox.net.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Still in. Bringing the car in my sig/avatar. Last year ran 14.89. This year hopefully high 11s or low 12s. Ran an 8.10 last friday on a stock DP and intercooler, have a 3" DP on order, should be here before the event.
Clay Hollander is still in as well, we will caravan up the morning of the event. One correction to Phils list Clay and I (Russell Goodman) are from OK instead of TX ;)

I had a really good time last year even though my car was REALLY slow. Looking forward to the event!

I think that there are several more comming from TX that have not replied due to inactivity or they only frequent the V8 board. Many of us are forming a caravan that is meeting at the Love's in Denton, TX at noon on Friday the 31st. I'll be staying at the track in the motorhome as usual.

You can add:

TX Ross Little
TX Bryan Alberti
TX Erica Alberti
TX Chase Tucker

Put me on the list.

I just bought a 72 GS 455 last time at the track it went 12.20 on the motor 11.80 on the NOS. My wife and son(17 mos) are going to leave here around 5:30 sat morning and head home after the race.

BOOSTBROTHER

I think that there are several more comming from TX that have not replied due to inactivity or they only frequent the V8 board. Many of us are forming a caravan that is meeting at the Love's in Denton, TX at noon on Friday the 31st. I'll be staying at the track in the motorhome as usual.

You can add:

TX Ross Little
TX Bryan Alberti
TX Erica Alberti
TX Chase Tucker

TX Mike Hogan

Official dates? I would like to come meet some of you guys in person:biggrin: and have a beer errr I mean bottle of Crown err I mean bottle of water:cool:

Im still trying to convince Shane to go.. it's a damn long way for us.

Roll Call for Noble

The official date is November 1, 2008.

You can find information about time. food, lodging, etc at OKBuicks.

Nebraska football team is coming to Norman that weekend so it may be a little crowded.

Phil Engle

Roll Call for Noble

This is the latest list of people who have committed to race at Noble on November 1st. The total is up to 64 which about 60% of what we would like to see.

Although, I have asked for real names, I went ahead and put Message Board names on here. If you plan to race, you can email me at pengle@cox.net or contact Dick Walker at okbuicks.

AR JACK TOSLER
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR QUICK ONE
AR RAY ALEXANDER
AR WILL BARNES
KS JURRRASIC FIVE 7
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
M0 JEFF PRATT
MO BOOST BROTHER
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHNDEEREGN
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK GARY LIMB
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JESSE CANTERRA
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK NEMO
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUDY
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TOD FERGUSON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TN SDTEB
TX 2QUIK6
TX 8URV8
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BRYAN ALBERTI
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHASE TUCKER
TX CODY C
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX ERIKA ALBERTI
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX GEORGE SWEEZY
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MIKE HOGAN
TX MITCH SMITH
TX ROSS LITTLE
TX TODD KAY
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT

If your name is misspelled or your state is wrong, please advise me of that and I will make the correction.

I'm looking forward to meeting most of you on the 1st.

Phil Engle

Hey Will,

I'll be there. I'm trying to work out an issue with the car so I can bring it, but I'll be there even without car if I have to. I'm hoping to get this figured out this week. We typically stay at the Hampton/Fairfield Inn.

Later,
TRent

Ok.

FINAL ROLL CALL.

We have less than a month to get down and dirty to take back a point from the Fords. Who is going, what are you bringing, and where are you staying?

Will Barnes

1987 GN
4.1L NA motor, Precision 6776BB, PTE FMIC, 3k 9x11 converter, footbrakin with MT radials out back. Nitrous might come out and play depending on who I get matched up with.

My wife and I, and possibly my brother and his woman, will be staying at the Hyatt in OKC.

you can add J.D. Brooks and Frank Brooks as well. We will both have GNs running there.:smile:

mrstage1= Mark Shackelford , Ks.

Don't forget our Pontiac friends. I own and operate Overkill Street Performance and Racing and alot of my customers are LS1 and LT1 powered Pontiacs. I'm working on a few to bring with me to help out.

How loose are they with tech check on the cars? I have no roll bar/cage. The new stroker is done now and ready to ship this Friday and should be running for this event.

Bryan

Hey Will,

I'll be there. I'm trying to work out an issue with the car so I can bring it, but I'll be there even without car if I have to. I'm hoping to get this figured out this week. We typically stay at the Hampton/Fairfield Inn.

Later,
TRent

Good to hear Trent. I sure hope you get the car up and working right, I would like to see it!

mrstage1= Mark Shackelford , Ks.

Don't forget our Pontiac friends. I own and operate Overkill Street Performance and Racing and alot of my customers are LS1 and LT1 powered Pontiacs. I'm working on a few to bring with me to help out.

If there are many good running Pontiacs showing up, Team Ford is going to have a big problem on hand...I know of a handful from TX that say they are coming, my buddy is bringing his LS1 TA with a shot of n20 up for the race for sure :cool:

How loose are they with tech check on the cars? I have no roll bar/cage. The new stroker is done now and ready to ship this Friday and should be running for this event.

Bryan

Bryan,

if you are running with no bar or cage I would suggest only making one fast pass during the qualifying runs. If you run better than an 11.49 they won't generally kick you off the track (unless you are a LOT faster than 11.49), they will tell you to slow it down...if you do it again, they will boot you.

I don't know what your car is capable of but Pacemkr86 on this site ran some 10.7s in the qualifying without a bar, they warned him not to do it again, so he didn't.....until the eliminations :biggrin:

If you go way too fast in the eliminations they won't DQ you or any thing :p

BP , thanks for the reply. I know what it SHOULD and BETTER run :D
I was hoping to get some tuning done as Jack Cotton is making the trip. But a low 10 would not be unreasonable at all and possibly a high 9 if it hooks and the tranny can handle it. Torque converter may be a little loose now with the added cubes...
I will get moving on the motor when it arrives and hopefully make the trip with the car, get some shakedown runs in and then get thrown out:D

Bryan