Roll Call for Noble, Oklahoma - Ford vs. Buick

BP , thanks for the reply. I know what it SHOULD and BETTER run :D
I was hoping to get some tuning done as Jack Cotton is making the trip. But a low 10 would not be unreasonable at all and possibly a high 9 if it hooks and the tranny can handle it. Torque converter may be a little loose now with the added cubes...
I will get moving on the motor when it arrives and hopefully make the trip with the car, get some shakedown runs in and then get thrown out:D

Bryan
What Will said is spot on. Last year my first pass I went 11.10. When I pulled up to the line for my second pass, the starter opened my door and said "what did you run last pass". I said "mid 11"...he said "no it was 11.10...don't do it again!" I then proceeded to run a 10.91 and never went back to run another time trial :D . I too have no rollbar or harness or anything. I qualified 14th out of 94 buicks last year and got paired against a mustang that ran a 9.45 on our match run :eek: . After he was a good 20 cars out on me, I just coasted...no need blowin the heads off just to get beat by 25 car lengths :eek:! It was still fun. I hope there are more fast cars there this year. There's no way I should have been the 14th fastest buick there. In my group when I pulled to the staging lanes, every ford had a 12 pt cage, fire suit, wheelie bars and chute. I was out of my league with my little drag radials, factory seat belts and T-shirt!!!

Black Power,

The slowest Pontiac I am working on is in the mid 12's. A couple are low 11's high 10 second streeters.

FYI guys gas is getting "cheap" around here. Yesterday in Oklahoma City my dad paid $2.48/gal for 87. I know a lot of people were on the fence about attending due to high gas/diesel prices, so hopefully this might help bring more cars in.

Good to hear!

FYI guys gas is getting "cheap" around here. Yesterday in Oklahoma City my dad paid $2.48/gal for 87. I know a lot of people were on the fence about attending due to high gas/diesel prices, so hopefully this might help bring more cars in.
What is the rough price for diesel now? I will be showing up in a motor home with a diesel pusher. If it is low enough, I may throw in just enough to get me accross the Red River to fill up. I do know that at least the fuel tax in OK is less than TX. :cool:

BTW - I still think the list from TX is a little light. I'll see if I can drum up any more intel.

What is the rough price for diesel now? I will be showing up in a motor home with a diesel pusher. If it is low enough, I may throw in just enough to get me accross the Red River to fill up. I do know that at least the fuel tax in OK is less than TX. :cool:

BTW - I still think the list from TX is a little light. I'll see if I can drum up any more intel.

The last I looked at the diesel prices here (SW OK) they were $3.65/gal and 87 was $2.89/gal, so should be less than that now I would think since reg 87 has dropped 40 cents/gal. The news last night said that OK currently has the lowest gas prices in the nation. Hope that continues for the next 3 weeks at least for you farther away guys.

The last I looked at the diesel prices here (SW OK) they were $3.65/gal and 87 was $2.89/gal, so should be less than that now I would think since reg 87 has dropped 40 cents/gal. The news last night said that OK currently has the lowest gas prices in the nation. Hope that continues for the next 3 weeks at least for you farther away guys.
That's not bad. Those are close to last year's prices. The way things are going with the price of oil, it should continue to drop and be even less by the time Halloween get here.

i'll be there, but i can't commit to race... I don't know if my car will be running by then. I'm still trying to trace down what's causing weak spark. If its running, i figure it will be a good solid 12 sec. car.

either way, i'll see you guys there. My place is just about 10 or 15 minutes from Noble (I live in Goldsby), so I'll be staying there!

i'll be there, but i can't commit to race... I don't know if my car will be running by then. I'm still trying to trace down what's causing weak spark. If its running, i figure it will be a good solid 12 sec. car.

either way, i'll see you guys there. My place is just about 10 or 15 minutes from Noble (I live in Goldsby), so I'll be staying there!
I have recently had the same problem. It turned out to be a combination of a weak coil pack and replacing the brass lugs for the battery cables. The threads on the lugs were fouled and they were not enabling me to tighten them to the side posts properly.

Talked to a few guys trying to find Ruby's Inn, here is their number and they said there were plenty of rooms still available.
Ruby's Inn 2105 S. Green Ave, Purcell, OK 405 527 5577
I'm assuming this is where some of the TX guys are staying, quite a few there last year.

I have recently had the same problem. It turned out to be a combination of a weak coil pack and replacing the brass lugs for the battery cables. The threads on the lugs were fouled and they were not enabling me to tighten them to the side posts properly.
yeah, i need to try a different ignition module on that thing. that might take care of it.

i would offer my place up for people to stay in, but i doubt anybody wants to crash at a filthy grad student's hovel like my trailer. but if anybody is desperate, i have a tore-up couch and a kind of smelly fouton available. :smile:

yeah, i need to try a different ignition module on that thing. that might take care of it.

i would offer my place up for people to stay in, but i doubt anybody wants to crash at a filthy grad student's hovel like my trailer. but if anybody is desperate, i have a tore-up couch and a kind of smelly fouton available. :smile:

I have an extra module if you need to borrow it while I am there. If it helps I'll sell it to ya.

It's getting closer guys, hope all of you are still going to make it.

My car is now running. I am trying to track down a really nasty lean idle condition but at least it runs and drives. If I can get the lean condition to disappear I am going to try to get the nitrous and alky installed and try to blow the transmission up :eek:

Go to a Pilot, TA, or Petro and pay CASH. On top of that being the cheapest diesel, its a ten cent discount if paid by cash. I saw 3.23/gallon at the LA TN border last week driving to Atlanta.

Do a search for Truck stops, diesel prices and your zip code.

notacarlo: Even though the Sooner state had all of Texas they wanted last Saturday, we will welcome all of the Texas cars we can get.<BAG>

This is the latest list. If you know someone who is coming and they are not on this list, post it here and I'll add them.

AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR QUICK ONE
AR RAY ALEXANDER
AR WILL BARNES
KS JURRRASIC FIVE 7
KS MARK SHACKELFORD
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
M0 JEFF PRATT
MN JACK PENDZAMIS
MO BOOST BROTHER
MO PHONE GUY
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHNDEEREGN
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK GARY LIMB
OK JEFF MOORE
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK JESSE CANTERRA
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK NEMO
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUDY
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TOD FERGUSON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TN SDTEB
TX 2QUIK6
TX 2TONEWE4
TX 8URV8
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BRYAN ALBERTI
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHASE TUCKER
TX CODY C
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX ERIKA ALBERTI
TX FRANK BROOKS
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX GEORGE SWEEZY
TX JD BROOKS
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MIKE HOGAN
TX MITCH SMITH
TX ROSS LITTLE
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX TODD KAY
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT

Total is 75 so we are 60% of the way there.

Looking forward to winning this years event.

Phil Engle

Casey Cunningham was planning on going with his Pontiac. I can't afford it, had my gallbladder taken out last month so I'm running low on overtime funds. Another guy I work with was talking about bringing his trans am, Lynn, think he's running 10's or 11's. I'll try and find out and let you guys know if they are definitley going to make it or not.

Casey Cunningham was planning on going with his Pontiac. I can't afford it, had my gallbladder taken out last month so I'm running low on overtime funds. Another guy I work with was talking about bringing his trans am, Lynn, think he's running 10's or 11's. I'll try and find out and let you guys know if they are definitley going to make it or not.

Good. I haven't talked to Casey in a very long time. I will be glad to see him.

My wife had her gall bladder taken out a year ago, still got some scars!

I will be there in a Syclone not one of the sub 10 sec ones either :( is this a resiter the day of the show type of deal? I have another buddy bringing a sy aswell I didnt know if there was a preregistry or not

Do they have race gas at the track? It has been a couple of years since I have been to this event.

Do they have race gas at the track? It has been a couple of years since I have been to this event.

Nice avatar! Go Pokes! I'm actually going to miss a home football game for the shootout. It almost kills me, but it probably wont be much of a game and I had a really fun time at the shootout last year.

Nice avatar! Go Pokes! I'm actually going to miss a home football game for the shootout. It almost kills me, but it probably wont be much of a game and I had a really fun time at the shootout last year.

Now if they can get by Texas!