Roll Call for Noble, Oklahoma - Ford vs. Buick

Talked to a few guys trying to find Ruby's Inn, here is their number and they said there were plenty of rooms still available.
Ruby's Inn 2105 S. Green Ave, Purcell, OK 405 527 5577
I'm assuming this is where some of the TX guys are staying, quite a few there last year.

I wont be there this year.. We are building a new bullet for the GN, and it wont be rdy in time...

Rubys is the place to be... It was like a party everynight !! We loved it, and breakfast a Rubys in the morning was cool too, getting to see all the Buick people and plenty of parking with trailers, and you can see you rig from your bedroom windows too.,.

Attachments

• IMG_2315.JPG
    IMG_2315.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 321
The Oklahoma Buick Club came up with a great design for this year. Bring your t-shirt money; this one is going to be nice!

14thAnnualBuickvFord2008.jpg

It's Offical now! I WILL BE THERE !!! just got the car back from the trans. shop.. seem to have it sorted out now... just hope the trans stays in one piece for the race... assuming it does looking to cut some faster times than my current best... have taken a lot of weight out of the car & have learned a little more about what the car wants as far as tuning !! I'm excited... i will be testing friday night & will probably get asked to slow it down since i don't have a 'bar in it yet!

Last call for Noble

Phil: We'll hold you to that promise.<G> I enjoyed visitng with you last year myself and look forward to your return.

Also going to miss John Plog. Very pleasant guy to talk with and he is very informative about his car.

I REALLY like the T-shirt too because that shiny black car sleeps in my garage every night.:biggrin: I was very pleased when Dick Walker asked me to if I would let him use my car for this years T shirt. I think between my sons, their wives and my grandsons, I'm good for 12-15 shirts.

Looking forward to this year even though my car popped a head gasket last weekend but it'll be fixed by Monday.

Glad to hear good things about Ruby's since I'm staying there Friday night. Anything cheaper than a Motel 6 is suspect and I was thinking a big can of bug spray might be a good idea. I live about 60 miles from the track and it's a bear to race on Friday night until closing, load up, drive home and then get back up the next morning in time to drive back and get there in time for a decent parking spot.

Phil Engle

New list of 82 racers

AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR QUICK ONE
AR RAY ALEXANDER
AR TRENT MATTHEWS
AR WILL BARNES
KS JURRRASIC FIVE 7
KS MARK SHACKELFORD
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
M0 JEFF PRATT
MN JACK PENDZAMIS
MO BOOST BROTHER
MO PHONE GUY
NE GN1090SS
NE JOHNDEEREGN
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BLOWN OKIE
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK GARY LIMB
OK HENCHEMAN
OK JEFF MOORE
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK JESSE CANTERRA
OK JIMMIE MARTIN
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MALYNDA RIDGE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK NEMO
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUDY
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TOD FERGUSON
OK TRACY HOOPER
TN SDTEB
TX 2QUIK6
TX 2TONEWE4
TX 8URV8
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BRYAN ALBERTI
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CASEY CUNNINGHAM
TX CHASE TUCKER
TX CODY C
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX E J HOWE
TX ERIKA ALBERTI
TX FRANK BROOKS
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GEORGE HEBBEL
TX GEORGE SWEEZY
TX JD BROOKS
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX MIKE HOGAN
TX MITCH SMITH
TX ROSS LITTLE
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX TODD KAY
TX TURBOCODY
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT
SYCLONE 2982

Noble weather forecast

The weather for next weekend looks great. Sunny, clear, high of 73 on Saturday and south winds of 12 MPH which is really just a "breeze" for us.

I appreciate those of you who have provided their name and intention to race at this event.

Phil Engle

I'm chompin' at the bit here. Woo Hoo, four day work week! See you on Friday. :biggrin:

I'm chompin' at the bit here. Woo Hoo, four day work week! See you on Friday. :biggrin:

Me too man, I can't wait. Looks like I am going to be running without nitrous this year though :frown: I have about 2 weeks and less than 150 miles on the new motor and I want to take my time and make sure everything is good to go before I go full tilt. Should be fun though, the car feels pretty good.

I may not make the TNT on Friday, but I am sure going to try.

Got a room @ Ruby's

My wife and my 18 mo old son and I will be @ Ruby's on Friday and are going to stay Saturday nite and come home Sunday. It's been 5 yrs since I have been to Noble and I am ready. My towrig should be out of the body shop Wedsday or Thursday I have a lil bit of work to do to the car (72GS) that I should have done tomorrow.

We look forword to seeing you all thier.

Wayne, Lettie, and Lannum Litherland

Anybody know if Bob Peterson is bringing that nasty stage 2 car again??? If he shows we will have at least 4 of our top 5 qualifiers from last year there again. I see Schmidt is going and Bones and Pekar are coming again...should make for some good videos!

Bummer Phil ain't going. He's gonna miss out on all that good Oklahoma BBQ. LOLOLOLOL.

I'm going, but the car ain't. Next year though, new and improved.

you dont need any nitrous to go fast anyways....just run more boost

Me too man, I can't wait. Looks like I am going to be running without nitrous this year though :frown: I have about 2 weeks and less than 150 miles on the new motor and I want to take my time and make sure everything is good to go before I go full tilt. Should be fun though, the car feels pretty good.

I may not make the TNT on Friday, but I am sure going to try.

I'm coming up to the races this year. Heard nothing but good things about Noble from Todd Kay and John Pekar, but I won't be racing! Staying at Ruby's

Not gonna make it with the car its about 85% done but ran into some problems.We are gonna be out there for sure without the buick.:( Sorry guys!!

Noble

Five more days and we'll all be racing in Noble. Weather forecast remains the same as stated earlier, high of mid 70's, sunny and clear, 10 MPH winds.

We're glad all of you are coming to this race. If this is your first time, you won't be disappointed. You may want to bring an empty 55 gallonm drum since unleaded should under $2 by Saturday. Currently $204.9 at the 7-11 closest to me and, no, I do not use their gas in anything I own.

I understand Bob Peterson will not be at the Shootout this year. Jack Cotton has indicated that he will be here.

We are still hoping to have over 100 races.:cool:

Got my blown headgaskets replaced so I won't be a spectator this year.

Phil Engle