Roll Call for Noble, Oklahoma - Ford vs. Buick

Is there a schedule posted somewhere for this as to when qualifying times will be and when the shoot out begins?

I most likely will not be able to get a car there for qualifying, but hope to be there as soon as I can Saturday...we have other commitments Friday evening.

check the race flyer @ okbuicks.com

well the gates open @ 8 a.m. & the dog eared torn up sheet i have from last year has the time trials ending @ 2pm, the drivers meeting, awards, & photos @ 3pm & racing staring @ 4 pm if that helps any...

Time trial schedule for Thunder Valley Buick vs. Ferd

Friday night will be test and tune as usual

Saturday, eliminations will begin as soon as all of the hangovers are checked.

Sunday finals will begin when all of the previous revisited hangovers are checked.

At least that's how it worked last year.

That and we have to wait for the line of mustangs behind the sand truck fillin' up.

Friday night will be test and tune as usual

Saturday, eliminations will begin as soon as all of the hangovers are checked.

Sunday finals will begin when all of the previous revisited hangovers are checked.

At least that's how it worked last year.

That and we have to wait for the line of mustangs behind the sand truck fillin' up.

there is no racing on sunday...

everything is saturday...

well the gates open @ 8 a.m. & the dog eared torn up sheet i have from last year has the time trials ending @ 2pm, the drivers meeting, awards, & photos @ 3pm & racing staring @ 4 pm if that helps any...

That's about what I remember 2 years ago.

Really wondering what time Tech will close as I want to bring the GN, but it may be 1pm before I can get there...just need to make one pass for qual as the car is always tuned to run.
If I can't make tech, then I'll come to spectate.

i will be attending yet again this year (my 9th straight year) though it will likely be without my gn. BUT since its open to pontiac now, i will probably be racing my new G8 GT instead.

That's about what I remember 2 years ago.

Really wondering what time Tech will close as I want to bring the GN, but it may be 1pm before I can get there...just need to make one pass for qual as the car is always tuned to run.
If I can't make tech, then I'll come to spectate.

I am sure they could accommodate you. No chance you could leave early in the morning and make it before noon?

i will be attending yet again this year (my 9th straight year) though it will likely be without my gn. BUT since its open to pontiac now, i will probably be racing my new G8 GT instead.

Why no GN? Is she broke?

I am in Oklahoma with my G8GT. Son just come in from Iraq. I plan on staying for the race. GN is in Texas:frown: I will racing the Pontiac G8 GT. I do not have a helmet. Do they have any at the track? Anyone know? Thanks!

Why no GN? Is she broke?
not really. i havent changed anything since last year and i know it wont run any faster until i get a new chip burned with better fueling for high boost. i just havent ordered one yet. plus the powermaster is getting on my nerves and the brakes are kinda meh. they work and such but i really dont like their stopping ability. basically overall the car is not running like i would like so i dont see any point in driving 400 miles and beating on it for some 13.1's when i know it can run low 12's tuned correctly. after some 12.64 runs 3 or 4 years ago ive managed get slower and slower every year since.

I am in Oklahoma with my G8GT. Son just come in from Iraq. I plan on staying for the race. GN is in Texas:frown: I will racing the Pontiac G8 GT. I do not have a helmet. Do they have any at the track? Anyone know? Thanks!
in the past you always needed one but i noticed last year some of the really slow cars got away without one.

I am sure they could accommodate you. No chance you could leave early in the morning and make it before noon?
Highly unlikely due to previous commitments I have. Dick Walker indicated they were hoping to be putting the ladders together by around 1-2, so I won't be bringing the car and be in a huge rush...may just stay home and hit the water skiing since its supposed to be real nice weather here.

Highly unlikely due to previous commitments I have. Dick Walker indicated they were hoping to be putting the ladders together by around 1-2, so I won't be bringing the car and be in a huge rush...may just stay home and hit the water skiing since its supposed to be real nice weather here.

Well just in case I would be able to leave in the morning earlier I put the car on the trailer so it would be ready to roll...but discovered a huge 3 inch split in the side wall of the trailer tire and the other tire looks like it could split in 3 or 4 different places..... Dam things aren't but about 3-4 years old...POS tires from the trailer maker I guess..... So I won't be there for sure with a car...

Still a maybe to spectate tomorrow...
Ya'll fun fun now ya' hear...can kick some mudstain azz...

not really. i havent changed anything since last year and i know it wont run any faster until i get a new chip burned with better fueling for high boost. i just havent ordered one yet. plus the powermaster is getting on my nerves and the brakes are kinda meh. they work and such but i really dont like their stopping ability. basically overall the car is not running like i would like so i dont see any point in driving 400 miles and beating on it for some 13.1's when i know it can run low 12's tuned correctly. after some 12.64 runs 3 or 4 years ago ive managed get slower and slower every year since.

in the past you always needed one but i noticed last year some of the really slow cars got away without one.

Was that your White G8 GT? If so did you run a 13.63?
I was there in my White G8 GT and ran 13.67 at 103.38
The Ford I ran went a 12.32 at 112.99.

Was that your White G8 GT? If so did you run a 13.63?
I was there in my White G8 GT and ran 13.67 at 103.38
The Ford I ran went a 12.32 at 112.99.
i ran a 13.6 (first one down the track in the morning and spanked the mustang i ran), then a 13.5 @ 104, then a 13.8 with lotsa tire spin. finals ran a 13.7, again, lots of spin. the stang i ran in the finals ran a 13.2. if i had some drag radials, i think i could've made it a lot closer. after his quick jump at the start (1.8 60' to my 2.2) i hung with him and was ever so slowly gaining. my mph were higher at the finish.