Ripped Off By Dishonest Contractor

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Hey guys.. I was ripped off by a dishonest contractor a couple of months ago. Already took the guy to court and won but am not expecting any kind of reimbursement. If you guys have a minute, would you mind "Liking" this one Facebook?

Long story short, the guy is advertising his services on Craigslist and listing a domain that I actually own as his. I bought all of these domains in .com, .net and .org flavors about a month ago to put up a website about the case as it went through the court systems. Well, this morning I see he's advertising on Craigslist with MY domain listed as his so I quickly tossed up a live web page so all the people he's directing there for referrals see what they can expect when dealing with him.

Please "like" it and help me get the word out. There is a "Like" button underneath the photos.

http://www.dandmansolutions.com

Your story makes me sick. It would be worth another $2500 to me to "hire" some "people" to mess this guy up.... BAD.

There is so much scum in this world anymore, it's too much to comprehend.

Done Jay. This is just sad to say the least. I'm sure with the hurricane that just came through he'll be trying to rip more people off.:mad:

I'm sorry you got taken. I've been a contractor for 35 years. You would not believe the stories I hear.

I always tell prosective customers to go to the state website and look up my conctractors number for complaints and judgements etc... Find out I'm real with assets, liability insurance and bonded to complete any work I don't finish.

I've had unscrupulous people use my license number as their own on jobs for people who don't check the validity and identity of the contractor. They are then screwed becasue my bonding and insurance won't cover your lack of doing a background on me.

Unfortunately it is buyer beware so be careful. If the price is too good than the contractor is probably not real.

I can't compete with those fly-by-night guys as they are not insured, bonded, licensed and maintain their education and license expenses. They don't have those expenses so they are much cheaper.

Mikey

Done
What is the penalty for working with OUT a license in your town?
here in LI they can confiscate ALL of your tools and vehicles on the spot then you have to try to get it back via court proceedings.
and arrest you if they want to.

Maybe you can set him up at a friends house
Call for an estimate and have a city official waiting for them to show up.

Done
What is the penalty for working with OUT a license in your town?
here in LI they can confiscate ALL of your tools and vehicles on the spot then you have to try to get it back via court proceedings.
and arrest you if they want to.

Maybe you can set him up at a friends house
Call for an estimate and have a city official waiting for them to show up.

There is no penalty for any of this. He has a judgement against him that Ill probably never collect on. All I can do is keep sending the sheriff to his house to try to take his property. I dont think the guy has much and he has a wake of unpaid car taxes so Im not expecting to ever see a dime back from this guy. In the meantime, I have a roof that leaks and is half shingled in new white shingles while my old black shingles cover the rest of the house. Looks great.

Thanks for the help guys. At this point I just want to cost the guy as much business as I can and getting the word out is the best way to do it so thanks again.