WELCOME HOME ERIK! (Eno213) and Welcome to the Buick family!

Well, it's been forever since I have updated this thread... Between all of my underway time, work, and kids playing sports I have slowly but surely gotten this thing almost ready to put in the car!

Forged pistons
204/214 Edelbrock cam
ARP rod bolts
Balanced rotating assy
Ported heads
New 100lb springs, retainers, keepers
Ported intake
62mm throttle body and plenum
Kirban fuel pressure regulator
Polished (machined look) stock valve covers, etc
New Gbody parts fuel lines, coolant pipes, all silicon hoses, etc
New mini starter
New deep RJC pan
Almost every bolt is new stainless, many from Earl Brown!
Restored harness using parts from Caspers
Etc, etc

Still lots of work and still need to collect some parts:
Aluminum vacuum block
Both valve cover breathers
New overflow bottle and washer bottle
Turbo drain hose
A few other items
(If you have any of these you would like to sell, shoot me a PM)

Erik is due back in another two months, so it's crunch time!

Tranny is at DRW getting rebuilt, and I hope to put the motor in the bay this week or next!

Anyhow, on to the update pics:

View attachment 255130

View attachment 255132

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1432693661.565883.jpg

Motor is in, waiting on transmission and I have to hook up all the wiring harness connections. Got a big box of parts yesterday from Gbodyparts (thanks again Brian!!!). Still lots to do but getting the motor in was a big step.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1434112526.966581.jpg

Alright, picked up the last big piece of the puzzle today! Picked up the fresh, bullet proof trans from DRW Trans and Auto Care in Santee, CA. (Owned by fellow Buick guru Donnie Wang (known on here as the mad scientist AlkyV6)

If you read above you will see I asked Donnie for some assistance getting the tranny checked out. In appreciation for what Erik has done and continues to do for our country, Donnie hooked him up big time, FREE OF CHARGE! If you have ever had a bullet proof trans built, you know it is north of $3,200! AMAZING!!!!

Billet band anchor
4th friction clutch
4L60 front pump seal
Roller bearings throughout
Super servo
4L60 filter
Finned, deep aluminum trans pan
Alto frictions
Etc, etc, etc

Chris at CK Performance sent a billet intermediate shaft, forward clutch drum, and overdrive clutch housing for this build, and Dusty at PTC sent a bad ass converter!

Huge appreciation to Donnie, as well as Chris and Dusty! Thank you!'n

This trans is ready to rock and handle the power of the motor!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1435365809.403436.jpg

James,

You and this community are awesome! What everyone does to help each other is nothing short a blessing!

You are awesome! Take care

Jay

Thanks guys. This has been a fun, worthwhile project. I realy need to button it up since I will be putting my house on the market here in the next few months. Erik will be back in August, so I need to finish up.

Trans is in, got it in place on Saturday. Now all the little things; about a million of them!

Well, it's about time to give the car back to Erik, and unfortunately I will not be able to fully finish it. I got orders to leave, so have to list my house in the next week, have a whole lot of underway time coming up, and there is even a chance of getting sent out for the next 3 months overseas... Doing my best to have most of it together but prob won't have the harness fully hooked up. Super bummed, really wanted it running, driving and tuned for Erik...

A few progress pics:

View attachment 259551
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1438348629.093341.jpg

Well finally made it home about a month ago for good. Been working overseas for the last 6 years so adjusting to being back at home and getting used to things. Lost a lot of motivation with my GN due to not knowing much about these cars but thanks to Spoolfool2 and a quick ride in his GN I got my shit together and started learning al I could and slowly but surely getting things done. Have to thank squid4life for getting me this far. Now just have to get done and finish this build.. here is where I'm at
IMG_2197.JPG

Nice to see a current thread with Charlie in it get bumped to the top.

What's with the odd angle where the filter meets the MAF? Can it be straightened out a little if you rotate the pipe clockwise when viewed from the DS fender?

Great to hear you are home and thanks for what you do. This thread is a constant reminder of the good people in this world today! But that's why we own Buicks lol

Nice to see a current thread with Charlie in it get bumped to the top.

What's with the odd angle where the filter meets the MAF? Can it be straightened out a little if you rotate the pipe clockwise when viewed from the DS fender?

That is just the big mouth filter I placed to my smaller pipe. I'm running a stock maf but only had a huge filter and decided to just throw it there for shits and giggles.