Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Dennis,in post 133 can you tell me what Buick them T-type emblems come from?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

If you are referring to the power six logo 99% sure off fenders of 84 T-Types possibly 83s....problem is those cars are seldom seen anymore going by memory.

83 was lst year for t-type designation on 5 Buick models that year.

The words T-Type on the 83 was smaller in size compared to the later ones again going by memory I have both sizes in my private collection....wanna really get confused also made an S-Type model I got that emblem also just can't recall what Buick model it came from.

Sorry to be so vague but Buick was vague in promoting their various combinations and these early examples were not huge sellers.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO we got a winner post 154....hood shocks....again my opinion but having over 320 of these cars hood shocks and if you have had your car a number of years probably more than once.

Funny thing is every GS Nats I attended I could always spot at least 1 or 2 Turbo Regals where owner installed the hood shocks upside down....

Lots of good guesses which if nothing else provides readers to know what to expect to fail on their cars just a matter of when.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Next contest

Member person posted 154 winner has to sit this one out. Read the clues carefully. There are three parts from other GM cars notably a certain Pontiac model, at least two different Chevrolet models this one feature came on, and a GMC model. Those vehicles produce 3 different items that are sought after for our cars. Two of which require no mods to install one needs just a minor modification to install. None of these 3 items are options but rather a standard feature.

This is a tough one to get all 3 answers correct. Not that it matters but my personal car has two of these features.

So, what are the 3 neat upgrades I am referring to you need not name the exact car model just what the part is. Three different parts
fits all the 1984-1987 Turbo Regals.

the game starts now.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Rear seat brace in the 87 Pontiac Grand prix,under hood body bracing chevy Monte Carlo, lightning shifter out the 87 442.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Kirban Update

Post 164 is quick on the draw but all 3 answers are not the ones I seek. I will add another clue. The 3 features I am seeking are popular parts we sell. The shifter and GP rear brace I am fairly certain would both need modifications to go into the Regals.
denniskirban@yahoo.com

good effort though

Last edited:
Kirban Update:

Post 168 got 2 of the 3 that I am seeking and post 169 got one. The other answers are good also but not the one I am seeking. So what we have thus far is the flip down stay down license plate bracket a factory standard part that came on various Chevy models in the 1980s and even on the 1994-1996 impalas....The other correct answer is the steering shaft with comes out of certain GMC Astro Vans. That is the part that does require a slight modification to your steering column shaft so the bolt slides n properly.

Both items I we sell as we get them.

So that still leaves one more slick item no one has mentioned. It is as stated from a Pontiac. Here are a few clues related to this item. It requires no modification. I don't believe any company has reproduced it. I have one on my car. They are not real easy to come by.

good luck players....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO

Post 171 nailed the 3rd part of the answer the firebird hollow front sway bar which is also thicker diameter than the bar on our cars....

Curious deezdad what gave you the clue for that answer?

You really don;t see them for sale much. I run one on my car. Along with all the bracing we sell plus my car has the aluminum driveshaft aluminum drums aluminum bumper supports...all makes a huge difference...in handling and cutting weight....best and easiest two approaches you can do with your Turbo Regal. Most of the performance cars today granted are super quick....but look at the weights all are around 4,000 to 4,500 lbs...

I remember when Chevy owners thought the next best thing was going to be the 94-96 Impala SS cars...not sure of the weight but they were really at a disadvantage....I think you could stand up in the engine compartment with the engine in the car.

Again just my opinions.

Moving on to the next contest member with two winner this round you both gotta step back on the next one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

BINGO

Post 171 nailed the 3rd part of the answer the firebird hollow front sway bar which is also thicker diameter than the bar on our cars....

Curious deezdad what gave you the clue for that answer?

You really don;t see them for sale much. I run one on my car. Along with all the bracing we sell plus my car has the aluminum driveshaft aluminum drums aluminum bumper supports...all makes a huge difference...in handling and cutting weight....best and easiest two approaches you can do with your Turbo Regal. Most of the performance cars today granted are super quick....but look at the weights all are around 4,000 to 4,500 lbs...

I remember when Chevy owners thought the next best thing was going to be the 94-96 Impala SS cars...not sure of the weight but they were really at a disadvantage....I think you could stand up in the engine compartment with the engine in the car.

Again just my opinions.

Moving on to the next contest member with two winner this round you both gotta step back on the next one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Test car #3 has it also (y)

Here goes:

Like I said before it is tough to word these so you can't research the answers on the internet.

You own a 1985-1987 Turbo Regal. It has what many call the dreadful powermaster brake unit. The powermaster is made up of several components.

Giving it your best guess how many variations can you list of the visible parts?

I will give you two since my explanation may be tricky. Brake switch 2 versions.

That is how many other variations can you name and list what they are?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Test car #3 has it also (y)

Just occurred to me who you are you own my test car #3 rite? That car was fitted with several neat features.....not sure if you know this or not but I actually owned that car twice. Fortunately first owner was local to me and I bought it back if I recall he needed money.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My 2nd test car has yet to surface anywhere I have never seen it. A rare silver Limited with the black out kit and one of my early sets of Kirban style GNX wheels on it.

Just occurred to me who you are you own my test car #3 rite? That car was fitted with several neat features.....not sure if you know this or not but I actually owned that car twice. Fortunately first owner was local to me and I bought it back if I recall he needed money.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My 2nd test car has yet to surface anywhere I have never seen it. A rare silver Limited with the black out kit and one of my early sets of Kirban style GNX wheels on it.
Lol ya its me.. There were many nice tr's to choose from back in 04 but when yours came up for sale I had to have it, most all of the factory shortcomings were addressed along with upgrades such as baer brakes, gnx suspension, lighted limited dash above glovebox, power passenger seat even low fuel warning light was brought to life, car is in the good hands of the only person in the south I'd pay to work on it Steve V who is in the process of motor and tranny phase after a frame off restore..

Interesting thread Dennis..