Progress pics of my DLS StageII project

I bet you had smile cheek to cheek. Congrats on the numbers and now take it to the track and see what it really does.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Mike thanks for preaching to everyone how well tuning money is spent.
Many people who call for tuning almost hang up when they here how much. People will spend 30K on a car and think they are getting ripped off
when they here how much to make it run correctly and now blow apart.
Congrats on the numbers,that car will fly!
and looks incredible also.

Wow, Thanks Mike :smile: It's always nice to show up and the customer has his sh!t together. You guys made my job easy. Your car is going to be a handful on the street. The new exhaust could get you close to 700hp on pump gas :eek: I'm expecting 8's when you dump the race gas in and get back to the track ;)

Mike thanks for preaching to everyone how well tuning money is spent.
Many people who call for tuning almost hang up when they here how much. People will spend 30K on a car and think they are getting ripped off
when they here how much to make it run correctly and now blow apart.
Congrats on the numbers,that car will fly!
and looks incredible also.

It truely is amazing how many people spend all the money building these awesome setups and cheap out on the most important thing. I can do the basics when the parameters are set, but I am no tuner and, am not in a position to play it again when I cheap out and hurt the car. So do it right once and you will be better off.

Wow, Thanks Mike :smile: It's always nice to show up and the customer has his sh!t together. You guys made my job easy. Your car is going to be a handful on the street. The new exhaust could get you close to 700hp on pump gas :eek: I'm expecting 8's when you dump the race gas in and get back to the track ;)

I took my Dad out for a ride last night and we literally laughed like little school kids when the power came on. This thing pulls like a raped ape. I am in absolute awe right now. I can only imagine how this car would feel on the transbrake with slicks on................should be interesting.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_EfcKibeaE[/YOUTUBE]

READ THE FLOOR BEHIND THE CAR IN THE VIDEO!!! lol

Glad to hear your progress Mike. Now you just have to keep it between the white lines:D

Steve

Wow. Mike you are going to be king of the street with that much power. I agree we all spend big money, and when you get results like you do it makes it worth it doesn't it??

One question, did Cal show up with his arctic clothes on? You know it gets below 90F out and those FL guys get cold. :D ;)

Thanks Ted, it sure does. If you ask anyone that has spent the money to PROPERLY tune their cars they would tell you they would have paid double.

Cal didn't bring the arctic clothes, but he did drink some Canadian beer when it was all said and done and slept like a baby.

Cal drank beer? did it have a little umbrella in it and taste like tangerine or something??

LOL, I was prepared for the Canadian weather, had everything but a "touk" :cool: It's true, I actually drank one Canadian beer. The stuff is a little stronger than I am used to, but I drank the whole thing and slept well that night :redface:

On Friday I picked up Cal Hartline at the airport here in Toronto for some tunning on my Buick. I couldn't be any happier with the results. I can truely see why Cal has the following he does. Plain and simple he knows his stuff. I asked him for 2 tunes. One on pump gas and alky and one on C16. To me a cars drivability is everything cause I spend 99% of my time with this car on the street. This car drives like a stock Buick, quiet, smooth and stumble free. What a absolute joy. Now off to the dyno.........
The first was my street tune with 94 pump gas. With boost set at the wastegate spring of 13psi it made 477whp. Then we started to add the alky and raised the boost slowly. I just wanted 20 to 22 psi on pump gas and alky on a conservative tune. At that level it made 653hp @603 torque with a 60% duty cycle. We could have gone higher easily but I was very content with where its at. So now we drained the fuel and put in the C16...........Fast foward, at 26psi we were at 677@601 and tried to raise the boost higher. It wouldn't go any higher then that, so Cal says I think we are done here Mike. I said just for my peace of mind I want to uncork my exhaust from after my downpipe and see if my exhaust is a restriction. I couldn't remove it, just unbolt it and move it a 1/2" cause it braced to my cross member so 90% is still going through the exhaust. Anyway we took another pull at the same level with nothing touched and it made 733@ 654 torque. Picked up 50 rear wheel :eek::eek: So needless to say the exhaust is coming off. It was late so we wrapped it up there and called it a night.
I finally have the car where I want it and it responded very well to any correction/change that Cal made. If ever your on the fence about spending the money and having someone ( forget someone, get Cal) tune your car properly,DON'T!!! This was money well spent and far cheaper then a rebuild. Having Cal/Holly in our community at our disposal is a bonus that you should use.
Cal, thanks again my friend, it was truely a pleasure having you on Canadian soil, "eh". Words alone can not express my gratitude. Also got to thank Holly for making it all happen cause she is the nucleus behind the operation....:biggrin:

Opps almost forgot to thank my wife for for giving me my balls out of her purse so I could play with my car all day.:biggrin:

Goes to show you how much power alky can make! 4 psi and only a 24 HP gain without the alky. I would love to see what it would have made on alky with the exhaust uncorked.

Man, congrats!

Jason

Wow, great results! I would love to have Cal come out to tune my car, would be awesome for sure.
Now the question..... What exhaust system/setup is causing the restriction?

Wow, great results! I would love to have Cal come out to tune my car, would be awesome for sure.
Now the question..... What exhaust system/setup is causing the restriction?

Don't sit on the fence, call him up and get r done. You will be very happy and cost you a lot less in the long run. Cal is on top of his game with this stuff.
My exhaust system is a custom 3" single. Served me well when I was running high 9's. Now......... not so much.

LOL 3":eek: I dont think your turbine wheel would even fit into the pipe!:D

I have a single 3" on my TTA and it runs 125ish in the 1/4 and I pick up 3 tenths and 4-5 MPH by opening the dump. I could not imagine how much it would hold a big power car. :p

Mike,

Maybe Jason will cut you a deal on his 4inch single.
That should work pretty well.