Progress pics of my DLS StageII project

Looks good Mike!

What size turbo oil drain did you use? -10? We have our routed the same way I think, mine has a bung welded into the pan. I dropped down with a -10 line and then a 90deg fitting which ties into the bung. I'm having an issue with my turbo getting oil into the compressor housing. I'm thinking the line may be restrictive and may need to go bigger. Let me know how you did yours. Thanks ------Jeremy

Jeremy

Make sure the turbo drain to the oil pan is high enough that its above the oil level.

Ask me how I know ;)

Bill

Looks good Mike!

What size turbo oil drain did you use? -10? We have our routed the same way I think, mine has a bung welded into the pan. I dropped down with a -10 line and then a 90deg fitting which ties into the bung. I'm having an issue with my turbo getting oil into the compressor housing. I'm thinking the line may be restrictive and may need to go bigger. Let me know how you did yours. Thanks ------Jeremy

Jeremy

Make sure the turbo drain to the oil pan is high enough that its above the oil level.

Ask me how I know ;)

Bill

Hey Bill, The bung is welded right at the top of the pan just under the lip of the pan flange. I'ts an RJC deep pan and right now I'm running it at about a quart low just to make sure. But, I'm still getting oil. I'm hoping the seal in this turbo isnt bad. The car hasnt seen past 8 psi and hasnt been run for more than 100 miles or so. Are you running a -10 too?

Jeremy, I run a #10 line down to my pan with a 45 degree fitting to the pan. I think the 90 degree fitting near the pan is probably going to cause you a problem. It doesn't make for a smooth transition. You might also have to look into a oil restrictor to limit the amount of flow that the turbo see's. I have been running that for years on mine because I had the Precsion remote oil system on the car, and that #6 hose drowns the turbo with oil.
I found some pics of it.

Thanks Mike. I actually think you may be right. That 90 may be too much. I'm going to change that out tomorrow and see if I can get it to flow a little better. The transition seems decent but anything that may restrict flow on the drain could be the problem I suppose.

Anyhow, motor look and sounds amazing! Gotta love these Stage motors!!!! What turbo are you running by the way? Are those 120# injectors?

Are we going to see it at BG?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Not likely. I still have lots to do. Wilwood brakes need to be put on, exhaust needs to be done, AMS boost controller needs to be hooked up, and the list goes on. I am not going to track it until everything is 100% and I have some seat time of just driving the car.

Finally got a opening at the chassis shop and fabbed my wastegate back into my downpipe along with hooking up my downpipe to my exhaust. First time I got to hear it through the exhaust. Sounds awesome. Got to drive it around a bit today and get into some boost. I am in love with this crap can all over again. Not going to be able to sleep tonight.........

Just want to also say thanks to Norbs for helping me out with parts that I needed to get this car running, you have been a big help.
DSC06128.jpg

DSC06130.jpg

The stuff would just be laying around the house, anyway glad you could put it to use. Lets see some numbers from that beast soon!

Mike,

Awesome build - thanks for sharing.

BTW - Did you have any issues with your 4 bolt TA headers/flange? Does your Turbo sit straight up or slanted to the left?

Thanks,

Bill

Mike,

BTW - Did you have any issues with your 4 bolt TA headers/flange? Does your Turbo sit straight up or slanted to the left?

Thanks,

Bill

So I heard :rolleyes: You're in good hands with Joe. I'll have to check mine.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Mike,

Thanks,

Bill

I think that's one of the benefits of using Dan at DLS. He did all the test fitting to make sure everything lined up perfectly including the headers. He took a lot of the headaches out of this build. The turbo sits straight. The only thing I needed was a 1.5" intake spacer for perfect alignment with my intercooler pipe.

Mike, Wicked build. That is one killer street car. Are you finally going to cage it? All the best with it.

Thanks Rich. Not going to cage it yet. It's main purpose is street duty and the odd blast down the track on rented days. Just can't bring myself to cutting 8"x8" holes in my floor.

A bit of a delayed reaction but, none the less my AMS500 is now hooked up. I have yet to test it but at least its done. I have never cussed so much then I did cutting this #4 braided Russell line and putting on the fittings. Then Jack from Racetronics told me to bring my car by and did it all in a matter of minutes.
At anyrate here are the install pics
All the Russell fittings and braided line
DSC06909.jpg

DSC06911.jpg

DSC06915.jpg

Where it is mounted in the car
DSC06923.jpg

Under the hood
DSC07029.jpg

DSC07030.jpg

DSC07027.jpg

A bit of a delayed reaction but, none the less my AMS500 is now hooked up. I have yet to test it but at least its done. I have never cussed so much then I did cutting this #4 braided Russell line and putting on the fittings. Then Jack from Racetronics told me to bring my car by and did it all in a matter of minutes.

Prickly buggers...
sackrider.gif

:biggrin: