Post Count

Ty's the mod over the cars for sale section so his count would go down. Bryina, you went down 1130 but look at your overall post count of 1841. That means you posted about 1/3 of your posts in teh for sale section and you contribute to the board on knowledge and mistakes that you've made. TurboTJT has been on the board since 09 and almost all his posts are in the for sale section. That's what we're looking at. I agree that you sometimes need to buy parts but if you have a total of less than 1% of your postings in the for sale section somethings wrong here.:eek:

TurboTJT: 719 parts for sale, 39 cars for sale, 25 parts wanted, and 77 other? Looks like you're about to become a vendor or get banned off the for sale section or worse.:eek: Please contact SGRIM if you wish to talk about becoming a paying vendor and helping to support the board.:biggrin:

Hey Charlie.

I dont think TurboTJT is selling item in the for sale section, Tim has just has been hoarding parts.

he has beat me out of at least 20 parts i wanted, and bought all the ATR parts i sold, i dont think someone hoarding parts should have to pay fees.

Tim is a good guy and i thought i should say something

Edit: i just check and he hasnt even started a tread in the for sale section

Thanks
Dave

Hey Charlie.

I dont think TurboTJT is selling item in the for sale section, Tim has just has been hoarding parts.

he has beat me out of at least 20 parts i wanted, and bought all the ATR parts i sold, i dont think someone hoarding parts should have to pay fees.

Tim is a good guy and i thought i should say something

Thanks
Dave

Not arguing here Dave, but that's what we're trying to figure out. We also have guys buying parts, sitting on them for a few months, and then re-selling them at inflated prices to make a profit. This isn't a witch hunt so don't get that idea please.:) What it is, is an attempt to reduce the number of guys that are making part of their living on the board as well as reducing scammers like Justin Gunn and others. If Turbo TJT had bought that many parts he probibly has enough to build a car from spare parts right now though.:p After all less than 1% of his posts (actually .001%) are in other areas? I don't care who you are, even bison isn't that good and either answers questions or sometimes asks them.:)

This is a test, and I don't know if it will be permanent or not. We are doing some "fact finding" right now... Some changes are coming with the new software so until we get into that don't get to excited about things...

Non paying OBVIOUS vendors are getting ready to have to pay to play... You know who you are. I rather you contact me before we have any problems... I am even CONSIDERING a lower bracket (price wise) for this type of vendor...

The funny thing is, there are a couple of guys that just send me some $$ every so often because they understand they are profiting from the board... Gentlemen, Gentlemen!

The same should happen to all political forum posts. They are of zero use to the hobby.

that is your opinion, and you are more than welcome to not venture into that little corner of the board if you don't want to see what's there.

that is your opinion, and you are more than welcome to not venture into that little corner of the board if you don't want to see what's there.
I venture over there when I want to be humored. There is little there that has to do with the hobby. The political forum could be it's own bulletin board and run itself.

TurboTJT: 719 parts for sale, 39 cars for sale, 25 parts wanted, and 77 other? Looks like you're about to become a vendor or get banned off the for sale section or worse.:eek: Please contact SGRIM if you wish to talk about becoming a paying vendor and helping to support the board.:biggrin:

Charlie, if you take it a step farther, search:
Threads started by TurboTJT in the parts for sale section = 0

Gotta be a better way of doing this. Not knocking you guys, just doesn't work this way.

Crack down on the leeches that only use the site for selling and buying without paying a nickel!

The same should happen to all political forum posts. They are of zero use to the hobby.

And some of us know when our ignorance will be educated by posting in certain sections, while simply remaining silent to learn from others in certain other sections because the knowledge shared, and the search function are Excellent here!

This is a test, and I don't know if it will be permanent or not. We are doing some "fact finding" right now... Some changes are coming with the new software so until we get into that don't get to excited about things...

Non paying OBVIOUS vendors are getting ready to have to pay to play... You know who you are. I rather you contact me before we have any problems... I am even CONSIDERING a lower bracket (price wise) for this type of vendor...

The funny thing is, there are a couple of guys that just send me some $$ every so often because they understand they are profiting from the board... Gentlemen, Gentlemen!

And certain people haven't received answer in reply to a method of supporting what they have gained So Much from...
I've honestly considered just sending a letter marked "confidential, Attn: Shane Grim" to Carolina Arms with a fat money order in it...

Yeahhhhhhhh.......BBBuuuuddddyyyyy !!!!!!!!! :confused:maybe the post count should have something to do with intelligent conversation !!!!!!!! Then what do you think your count would be????:eek::rolleyes: I uhhhh.... duhhhh......:D

Look, this forum pissing stuff is stupid IMO...

Board participation is board participation... All the traffic on the board only increases the survival strength of the board... I got enough Buicks to cover all the non buick owners in the political forum. I am 99% sure that everyone of them are former buick owners at least... If we started kicking off people that don't "CURRENTLY" own a buick we will shrink quickly...

As long as they are causing a problem or screwing anyone I don't give a rip why people come here! The more the merrier:biggrin:

I have all plans of asking Jay if the ability to block certain forums from view as a user options is in the new software!

Charlie, if you take it a step farther, search:
Threads started by TurboTJT in the parts for sale section = 0

Gotta be a better way of doing this. Not knocking you guys, just doesn't work this way.

I'm not arguing Glen. My system is very slow right now and doing a search in the for sale section hasn't yeilded much lately. I'd be more than happy to let a few guys check everything out and post up what you find. The main thing is that there are people using the board as a means of making an income and aren't supporting vendors even. We even had an actual car dealer come in the GNX section trying to sell the car that is at his dealership?:eek: We've all seen where someone jumps in a thread ond offers parts up for someone in trouble. It's nice that they do that but the on site sales has gotten out of hand and no one's reporting those that are abusing the privilage.:mad: We're trying to figure out who is and isn't seling parts and almost exclusively parts and nothing else.

Shane's asked more than once for help in reporting these non supporting vendors on here and it really hasn't done much good so now it's time to do a little hog hunting and this is the only way to start. It aint pretty but it should prove fruitful one way or another.:biggrin:

Look, this forum pissing stuff is stupid IMO...

Board participation is board participation... All the traffic on the board only increases the survival strength of the board... I got enough Buicks to cover all the non buick owners in the political forum. I am 99% sure that everyone of them are former buick owners at least... If we started kicking off people that don't "CURRENTLY" own a buick we will shrink quickly...

As long as they are causing a problem or screwing anyone I don't give a rip why people come here! The more the merrier:biggrin:

I have all plans of asking Jay if the ability to block certain forums from view as a user options is in the new software!

I LIKE Bison's idea!!! remove the post counts for the Political section. Those who don't like it (like me) just don't need to go there, rather than blocking it. BUT removing the post count (like you did for the for sale stuff) would be GREAT!!! Some of those 15,000 post whores that contribute NOTHING to the board might think twice.

My first reaction was wtf? But after reading through this post ,I've come to agree with what's being done and I guess it does tell u about people.....jus my thoughts....Joel

One way or the other, Im going to hide the Political Forum once the change is made. There are other ways I could have done it but its a HUGE PITA. If I cant come up with anything more elegant with Xenforo, Ill do it the same way I coulda done it here. Its just going to take a lot of reconfiguring which is why Ive avoided it here.