PF52 filter vs the "biggie" oil filters

So, whats the best filter to run if you DONT have a biggie adapter?

The filter you need fits a 94 S10 4.3 Vin W. If you're at:

Oreillys- Wix
Vatozone- Mobil1
Advance Auto Parts- Pure One (NOT a normal Purolater)
NAPA- NAPA Gold (same as Wix)
Truckstop- Baldwin

So if you are running a "biggie" which i am, what do yall recommend to be the best choice?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here is something interesting that I found for the Delco oil filter PF-52 Replacement

Attachments

• AC Delco Oil Filter PF-52 direct replacement.pdf
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,004
The filter you need fits a 94 S10 4.3 Vin W. If you're at:

Oreillys- Wix
Vatozone- Mobil1
Advance Auto Parts- Pure One (NOT a normal Purolater)
NAPA- NAPA Gold (same as Wix)
Truckstop- Baldwin

A part of me wish I would have read this before I changed the oil in my car yesterday. At least now I have something to reference back to. I went to Autozone looking for the Wix.:rolleyes: Ended up settling for a Bosh or something.

A part of me wish I would have read this before I changed the oil in my car yesterday. At least now I have something to reference back to. I went to Autozone looking for the Wix.:rolleyes: Ended up settling for a Bosh or something.
phil,FWIW,the filter is above the pan ..so if you could just swap filters and not lose any more oil than is in the filter.

Last time I tried that, I lost more oil than i wanted. thanks for the suggestion. I'll change oil again in a month or so anyway. I'll be under the hood more now oppose to driving anyway. Life of a Buick owner.:)

Just remember you have to notch your passenger side intercooler bracket if you're going to run the taller, wider oil filters. As I found out this weekend :)

I didn't need to notch my bracket running a Baldwin filter with the biggie adapter.

David

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I'm assuming it was the fatter type oil filter, but was it about the height of the old pf47 (stock) or the pf52 (the taller one)?

Bosch is made by Purilator so it's still pretty good.

Depends on which one it is. The Purolater Pure One is the good filter, the plain Purolator isn't.

Does any1 have a part# for a wix racing or fram racing filter to work with the biggie swap??

Dave i aint ever heard of a baldwin, i have a autozone or a advance auto to choose from where i live, where can i find 1?

www.blinefilter.com is where I bought my last case of Baldwin filters. But they are currently down for maintenance.

David

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Baldwins are made for industrial applications, they a superior amount of filter media, great anti drain back valves, and you cannot burst them, so they can be found in places like that or also farm equipment type places.
There are two important Baldwin numbers to remember...... B35-S as a replacement for the PF-52, and B-9 is the one for "biggie" applications.

Ok thanks ill check out local tractor supply for the b-9, thanks again!!

Ok thanks ill check out our local tractor supply for the b-9, thanks again!!