PF52 oil filter vs. PF52E

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
Ok, so I can't seem to find a PF52 oil filter any longer.

Every time I stop at a autozone or an advanced all they have are the PF52E filters.

They are obviously smaller but will they work?

They do fit like a glove so it seems.

D

From what I can gather the PF52 has been replaced by the PF52E. I read a good thread about the differences on another forum but I can't honestly remember which one otherwise I'd post a link. In a nutshell the PF52E has cheaper construction and less filter media. Based on that I bought a bunch of the old PF52 filters from Summit Racing while they still have them in stock. It seems to me they are just under $4 each.

Neal

I went through this issue. Called, they didn't say it was the E version. I asked specifically for the non E version.

Got to 3 stores, all had the E and claimed no changes according to the delco rep. My ass.

Saw a lot of online posts about the E filters collapsing.

Went with the 51036 wix also.

Ok, so I can't seem to find a PF52 oil filter any longer.

Every time I stop at a autozone or an advanced all they have are the PF52E filters.

They are obviously smaller but will they work?

They do fit like a glove so it seems.

D

The PF52E I got a hold of several years ago was smaller, shorter and no anti-drainback washer. It felt like it weighed half as much as the PF52 so I did not put it on.
Not for me, thank you very much.

The PF52E I got a hold of several years ago was smaller, shorter and no anti-drainback washer. It felt like it weighed half as much as the PF52 so I did not put it on.
Not for me, thank you very much.

Maybe I just couldn't see the anti-drain back washer behind the all new full cover base plate???

When I saw the coding switch I looked and there are some differences in design but it works the same and I have alot of hits and drive time and can tell you I have had no issues.

Thanks, I figured since I couldn't see one in there (like the old style), it didn't have one.
I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong. Lol

These new E filters sound like an accident waiting to happen. I remember first seeing them in Walmart. Look online at cutaways of these filters. No thanks.

Biggie oil filter kit and a big Baldwin B9 for me!

My theory is.. Why gamble with something as inexpensive as an oil filter? Looking at the cutaways of each,it's clear that the E was made to cut corners. Clearly it was not made to be better. Cost cutting in this area almost always means less dependability.

I've had oil filters fail,altho that was 20-30 years ago. Since then I've been paranoid about oil filters.

The Baldwin B9 for me,plz.