New Precision Turbo unit @ PRI

How would this turbo Compare to my TE45A? anyone with any ideas?

Short answer......on paper.... it won't.

IMHO the 62 in the right hands is probably capable of high 9's. The new 67 is proven to be capable of easy mid 9's in the right hands.....

The claim is that this one "should" bridge the gap between these two (6265 and 6765) ....

45A - awesome turbo in it's day..... but I don't think you will find anyone that will claim it is a 9 sec turbo. It is usually considered a mid 10 sec turbo.....

If memory serves me right the 66mm 45A is around a 700 HP turbo..... and this new 64 is an 800 HP turbo.

Just my opinion....

Patrick. How about some pics of the new turbine wheels? That was probably my favorite part you had on display.

Weber is building me a stroker with CNC'd GN1s, ported Champion intake, 218/212 roller. I'm wondering if this turbo would be too much for my combo. I haven't purchased a tranny or converter yet, so I can still tweak things as needed. I'll mainly be interested in lower boost (22 psi or less) and mostly street duty with limited track use. Thoughts/opinions?

.This new V-band design housing will be available for the following turbine wheels.

65mm, 66mm, 68mm, and 75mm.

Two A/R ratios will be available. .81 and .96.
The .81 will outlow the curent T4 .96 and the new .96 will flow even more. I will also post pics of these new V-band housings asap and I will post more specs about the PT6466B turbo.

Patrick

Just wondering if there will be any smaller A/R for the turbine housing?

Also,the discharge flange for a downpipe,are they going to have a 4" v-band flange?
W/your.81 housing,what approx stall needed for a 4.1 liter?
I know there are a lot of variables,just aproximation if possible.

What would the aprox difference in stall needed from say your 65mm turbine wheel to a 66MM ,& so-on?
Thank you.

Doesn't sound like Patrick is talking about the 3 bolt housing as I have a hard time believing a new 3 bolt, .81 housing could outflow a T4 .96. Patrick?

"65mm, 66mm, 68mm, and 75mm"
All inducer sizes I take it.

Sorry, meant to say, All EXDUCER sizes I take it?:redface:

Trying to keep all the turbo manufactures numbers in order.

Sorry, meant to say, All EXDUCER sizes I take it?:redface:

Trying to keep all the turbo manufactures numbers in order.

Mike,

Those are the turbine sizes, I am not sure that your terminology is correct with the exhaust side.
The air hits the wheel at the side and not head on like on the compressor side.
On the turbine wheel the diameter of the blades are more consistent than on a compressor wheel.
For example a Billet 71 MM wheel has a 71MM inducer and 9XMM exducer. The turbine might only be 68MM.
Not sure if this helped, but I tried...LOL

Ok, so I just proved myself wrong...

Attachments

• tech102_enlarged.gif
    tech102_enlarged.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 892
BTW I just found this post from Harry

"We just released a CEA billet compressor wheel at PRI into the entry level turbo product line that is priced under $650.00."

Patrick, Cal, Mike anyone what to elaborate?

I have been trying to get with Patrick for the last 2 days on trying to get one of these here to test,i have the perfect iron headed street car to test it on.

Call me back Patrick,if not at the shop on my cell you have the number!:biggrin:

BTW I just found this post from Harry

"We just released a CEA billet compressor wheel at PRI into the entry level turbo product line that is priced under $650.00."

Patrick, Cal, Mike anyone what to elaborate?

These are not for the Buick Market at this time.
I communicated with Harry today.

I would love to see one of these units be put on a 235 motor with cam and heads. My guess is it's going to blow people away with the performance and gains.
Patrick
Send one to CT mid Jan and ill test it on my old aluminum headed engine in my black car. It already made nearly 700whp and over 800wtq with 25psi. Its a stock stroke engine with really good heads and 9.3:1 CR. It will be an application where the turbo will get worked to show its potential. If this engine makes 30-40whp or more with this turbo over what i had before with similar boost ill be the first of many to step up. It can easily be back to back tested.

Has anyone tried this turbo yet, I was wondering how it drives on the street and what injector is recommended?
Mike

I heard that Harry was going to send test units for Otto and I to try out.

April Tools!!!