New From North Central TEXAS

Theren Boster

The guys at forabodiesonly referred me. Great mopar guys!
I currently have an 89 Buick LeSabre with the wonderful 3.8 NA and I want a new project after I sold my barracuda. I understand that the 87 Grand National was/is turbo charged. It was a 3.8. I'm wondering if I can't build the motor and trans up and swap ECM and go from there.
I have a Garrett A/R60 M24 that i don't know anything about except it probably needs to be rebuilt and the intake turbine needs replacing or just get a different turbo all together.
I'm mainly here to scope everything out and make sure I can do this. I've never wrangled forced induction ever. I don't know anything about tuning.

I want to make my car beat most anything stock on the street that the rude guy on the street is driving.
So sure, a compensator of sorts :D.

Welcome to the site. Lots of good people here from Texas. Charlie's from there too.:D
I'd suggest doing a bunch of reading here before you start buying up a ton of parts to hang on your wall.
IMHO, You could build up a Grand National engine to stick in your FWD LeSabre (If that's what you're proposing). However, you'll be spending a lot more money on a car, that can't put the power to the ground and end up with a broken parts. If you want the power and drive ability of a Turbo Buick, Just buy a Turbo Buick.;)
I'll bet if you look around. For under five grand, you can find a low twelve second (or faster) car, with cruise and AC, that will get over 20 mpg.

We do have a hybrid section, if that interests you. Just take your time and make an educated decision. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

Mike Barnard