Needing a lil help with my new GN...

stangbangin69

Hi there. I just got my first GN a couple of nights ago. Needless to say it's a different world than the LS1 world that i'm coming from..lol.. but anyways, the car i traded for isn't stock so i'm looking for a few answers.. it's got a "non" stock turbo and i'm looking for help on the part numbers. whether it's a good turbo, what i should expect, what size of converter i need, etc... but anyways, the numbers on the turbo are
inlet-AIR .60 m24 L Garrett
outlet- 320/89 m3 A G2 Precision

the intercooler is the width of the radiator also.. so i know it's not stock..(the stock turbo and intercooler are in the trunk)
it has a chip or something tied into the tps also.. i'll get some pics soon

also, it has blue top injectors with for numbers... F7PU-A4A and 9F598
it's got a lil larger cam also "specs unknown"
stock trans and stock converter

i'm also needing a exhaust outlet gasket for this turbo.. i can feel air leaking out... i'm sure this is hurting boost pressure...

also.. sorry... it has autolite 23's. should i be running this cold of a plug???
thnx in advance for all the help..
anthony

the item tied into the TPS is probably what is called a TPS TEC. if so, i'd take it off and then calibrate the TPS correctly (approximately .42V at idle and approximately 4.80V at WOT).

going from memory (which isn't what it used to be :confused: ), the autolite 23's are two heat ranges cooler than the stock replacement plugs for the turbo regals. i'd suggest using 24's instead with a gap of .032 to .035.

the blue top injectors should be 36# injectors.

the item tied into the TPS is probably what is called a TPS TEC. if so, i'd take it off and then calibrate the TPS correctly (approximately .42V at idle and approximately 4.80V at WOT).

going from memory (which isn't what it used to be :confused: ), the autolite 23's are two heat ranges cooler than the stock replacement plugs for the turbo regals. i'd suggest using 24's instead with a gap of .032 to .035.

the blue top injectors should be 36# injectors.

I agree here with this response 100%. Good luck- Brad

First thing to purchase....ScanMaster, get it, install it and use it

Look under rear bumper at fuel tank and see if you have a box thingy plugged into the wires going to fuel pump or red wire on back of Alt with fuse inline.
(Hotwire) supplys needed voltage.

Check for adjustable fuel regulator.

Dont go honkin on it untill you can read knock aka (scanmaster)

then you can save some biscuits for 60# injectors and another chip

dunno bout the turbo,pull maf pipe and measure the comp wheel in MM's

Welcome and goodluck

Mike

First thing to purchase....ScanMaster, get it, install it and use it

Look under rear bumper at fuel tank and see if you have a box thingy plugged into the wires going to fuel pump or red wire on back of Alt with fuse inline.
(Hotwire) supplys needed voltage.

Check for adjustable fuel regulator.

Dont go honkin on it untill you can read knock aka (scanmaster)

then you can save some biscuits for 60# injectors and another chip

dunno bout the turbo,pull maf pipe and measure the comp wheel in MM's

Welcome and goodluck

Mike

hehehehe.. thnx it's tempting as hell not to romp on it..lol.. but i wanna do this right and not mess up a bunch of stuff... thnx for the info. i'll check that stuff out...

well, so far i've found that the injectors are 36lbs ford injectors and the turbo is 0.60 A/R compressor housing
62 trim compressor wheel (35lbs/min)
0.64 A/R turbine housing
79 trim turbine wheel
rated 350-450hp

what could i expect of a setup like this?